Journalists give $$$ to Democrats 9-to-1

You just got done asking, rhetorically, why can't people in the media have politcal affiliations. Now your claiming it's ridiculous that they have politcal affiliations?

You can't have it both ways.
you are bing intentionally obtuse. I suggested that it makes no sense for large media corporations to promote a liberal - and by republican standards - anti-corporation bias. It would be like Anheuser-Bush spending money trying to promote a return to prohibition. There is no logical reason why big business would purposely shoot themselves in the foot.

you are bing intentionally obtuse. I suggested that it makes no sense for large media corporations to promote a liberal - and by republican standards - anti-corporation bias. It would be like Anheuser-Bush spending money trying to promote a return to prohibition. There is no logical reason why big business would purposely shoot themselves in the foot.

Then why do libs want to regulate talk radio? Libs have proven to be a total failure in that area - they can't control it - so now they want to force stations to carry liberal programs nobody wants to listen to

but you are assumig that simply because they 'are big corporations' they must be anti-liberal.

but you are assumig that simply because they 'are big corporations' they must be anti-liberal.

With radio the bottom line is moeny and ratings

Liberal talk show host can get neither - so now the left wants to FORCE stations to carry their programs that nobody wants to listen to

It would seem Fox news employees give to DEMOCRATS as well

So much for Fox News being full of right wingers

D) Fox News Channel, Codie Brooks, researcher for Brit Hume's "Special Report," $300 to Senate campaign of Harold Ford Jr., Tennessee Democrat, in March 2006, $200 more in June, and $2,100 more in September.

(D) Fox affiliate in Omaha, KPTM, Calvert Collins, reporter, $500 in October 2006 to Jim Esch, Democratic House candidate from Omaha. Esch lost to the Republican incumbent in November.

(D) Fox affiliate in Minneapolis, KMSP, Alix Kendall, morning anchor, $250 in September 2006 to Midwest Values PAC, which gave to Democratic candidates.

(D) Fox affiliate in Washington, D.C., WTTG, Laura Evans, anchor, $500 in August 2006 to John Sarbanes, Democratic House candidate in Maryland. Evans anchors the 5 p.m. news. She is listed in FEC records by her married name, Laura Manatos.

(R) Fox News Channel, Ann Stewart Banker, producer for Bill O'Reilly's "The O'Reilly Factor," $5,000 in June 2006 to Volunteer PAC, which gave to Republican candidates. Her father was once a campaign treasurer for former Republican Sen. Bill Frist of Tennessee.

for the complete list of all the reporters in the survey:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/19113455#Brooks

Bland WashPost Headline Whitewashes Radical Rocker's Death Wish for Bush
Posted by Tim Graham on June 25, 2007 - 07:46.
Even when the Washington Post is covering a Marxist, they have trouble putting an ideological label in the headline. On the front page of Monday’s Style section is a profile of Marxist rock guitarist Tom Morello, but the headline was bland: "Tom Morello, on Tour and on Message: Folk-Rock’s Nightwatchman Plays True to His Roots." Inside, the headline was simply "Tom Morello, Refocusing His Political Rage." Neither headline reflected that he prayed for President Bush’s death:

Onstage, when the Nightwatchman sang, "I pray that God himself will come and drown the president if the levees break again," the Jammin' Java crowd's attitude was chilling. People were praying.

So why isn’t that death-wish directly reflected in the headline, instead of simply being vaguely "On Message" with "Rage"?
http://newsbusters.org/node/13709

These two states are integral parts of the liberal and conservative ideologies. Liberals tend to handle situations on a more emotional level while conservatives handle things on a more reasoned level. I believe a reasoned objective approach is better than an emotional approach.

Any evidence for this assertion?

Study of Journo Campaign Giving Leads to Firings
Posted by Pam Meister on June 25, 2007 - 19:50.
The MSNBC report about 144 journalists donating to leftwing causes 9 to 1 over conservative causes has resulted in news staffers being let go, including a reporter and a cartoonist.

KTPM Omaha fired reporter Calvert Collins, who had posted her photo with a congressional candidate on her Facebook page with the caption, "Vote for him Tuesday, November 7!"

"In a way, I'm glad this happened to me at age 23, and not 33," Collins said, "and I will learn from it."

Being fired is probably not the lesson she expected to learn.

Freelance editorial cartoonist Paul Fell will no longer be drawing cartoons for the Lincoln, Nebraska "Journal Star" due in large part to snide comments he made when it was disclosed that he had donated $450 to Maxine Moul, a Democrat candidate for Congress. Editor Kathleen Rutledge wrote,

"Fell’s comments make it clear he does not care about guarding this newspaper’s trust with readers...We don’t think he should treat our credibility with such disdain."

And finally, the Spokane "Spokesman-Review" decided to drop the "New York Times" ethics column written by Randy Cohen before it even started running this week. Cohen donated $585 to MoveOn.org in violation of his employer's policy against making such political donations. According to MSNBC, Cohen had thought the political action group was "nonpartisan."

Also according to the MSNBC update, the Fort Worth "Star-Telegram" is going to begin reviewing its ethics policies. I have a feeling a lot of news organizations are going to be taking a closer look at possible conflicts of interest when it comes to political donations by journalists and other newsroom staffers.

http://newsbusters.org/node/13728

Forum List

Back