Journalists Get Diagnosed..

flacaltenn

Diamond Member
Jun 9, 2011
Hillbilly Hollywood, Tenn
Journalists seem to love when Psychiatrists and Doctors diagnose celebrities, leaders, groups of people that they never ACTUALLY examined. Here's a fun new study diagnosing JOURNALISTS that COULD explain a lot of problems we're having with the media doing their jobs without hallucinations or making shit up...

:biggrin:

Journalists drink too much, are bad at managing emotions, and operate at a lower level than average, according to a new study

Journalists' brains show a lower-than-average level of executive functioning, according to a new study, which means they have a below-average ability to regulate their emotions, suppress biases, solve complex problems, switch between tasks, and show creative and flexible thinking.

The study, led by Tara Swart, a neuroscientist and leadership coach, analysed 40 journalists from newspapers, magazines, broadcast, and online platforms over seven months. The participants took part in tests related to their lifestyle, health, and behaviour.

The results showed that journalists' brains were operating at a lower level than the average population, particularly because of dehydration and the tendency of journalists to self-medicate with alcohol, caffeine, and high-sugar foods.

Forty-one percent of the subjects said they drank 18 or more units of alcohol a week, which is four units above the recommended weekly allowance.

Gotta love the justice here of having THEIR brain function analyzed. It is what it is. Put down the 3rd daquiri and drink some water. All that fake news will just evaporate overnight. . :happy-1: Oh -- and stay the hell out of Starbucks.

The higher levels of alcohol and sugary food consumption
indicate that journalists are soul-crushed failures filled with anger and regret.
since drug intake is not one of the metrics measured journalists may not be sufficiently aware of their surroundings and outcomes to feel anger and regret

In my experience some journalists are ok and put the effort in. Most are just lazy and will parrot whatever they are given.

In my experience some journalists are ok and put the effort in. Most are just lazy and will parrot whatever they are given.

With very few exceptions, mostly terminal renters Reuters ($10K/year) and Bloomberg ($25K/year), most news outlets lack the income to hire a competent staff that can do anything beyond tear and print.

With very few exceptions, mostly terminal renters Reuters ($10K/year) and Bloomberg ($25K/year), most news outlets lack the income to hire a competent staff that can do anything beyond tear and print.
I think that is the case. Certainly at a local level the number of journalists has been sliced as the owners make cuts. I used to do the media stuff for a small community organisation and when I started they used to interview me about our press releases. Towards the end they would just publish what I sent in without changing a word. Very often people claim bias and so on but the truth is a little less sinister. They dont have the time to do a proper job.

Forum List

Back