Journalist Who Threw Shoes at Bush Asks for Pardon

Seems to me one should have more respect than to toss a shoe at a president. Yet the man has already recieved physical damage from his own.

Bush should forgive and give the guy a pardon if he can.

If the world was limited to shoe throwing instead of bombs and bullets we would all be better off.

He's forever going to be the heroic man who insulted the POTUS.
People whose experience includes living under the yoke of tyranny (and remember the Iraqi people lived under Saddam's regime) understand that when confronted with monsters who have the power of life and death, it is sometimes best to play their games until you are released from their clutches.

In terms of political theater, the man's actions were academy award material.

He sure is; to the leftists in America he will probably replace Chavez!

Yet the evidence proves me right .. in spite of how ever many muslim countries you've been to.

The evidence suggests that it is you who doesn't know what he's talking about .. and I'm content with the judgment of the evidence.
You need to broaden your horizons, the only 'evidence' you have is the same anti-western sources that have been in place for decades.

Go back and look into the 90s and before, it's all the same from the same sources.

The first step in avoiding propaganda is understanding it, you've yet to cross that threshold, 'anti-american' is red meat nonsense to certain loud sectors of the muslim world but represents less then a quarter of it.

My point was simply that just because it came from a "foreign" source does not make it so. I would concur that information gleaned from other/foreign sources can offer a different perspective.

Oh absolutely, I agree. Press is bias in some form around the world. Further, in many other nations it is really a circus because of so many different political parties which get a voice and noticed by the public. Unlike here.

Probably because he's tired of being beaten.

tough shit, he shudda thought of that before he decided to try and inflict pain on someone else, no matter what a big bad azz you think you are someone else will come along that is bigger and badder!

tough shit, he shudda thought of that before he decided to try and inflict pain on someone else, no matter what a big bad azz you think you are someone else will come along that is bigger and badder!

Thsi guy is being offered high paying jobs for life, the daughters of many to marry, awards and treasures are everywhere for him, songs and poems will be written about him ..

The LAST thing the Iraqi government wants is for him to appear beaten or tortured.

Maybe Bush should have thought about someone bigger and badder coming along.

Last edited:
Thsi guy is being offered high paying jobs for life, the daughters of many to marry, awards and treasures are everywhere for him, songs and poems will be written about him ..

The LAST thing the Iraqi government wants is for him to appear beaten or tortured.

Maybe Bush should have thought about someone bigger and badder coming along.

if this guy would just blow himself to kingdom come he could have 72 vestal virgins,, just think of his missed opportunity..

I'm glad your satisfied with the fact that Iraqi prisoners are still beaten. I guess "freedom" over their doesn't have the same definition it does here.

Funny how he'd never have dreamed of doing that before the ugly imperialistic Americans gave hime some freedom. Saddam would have had his head on a stick before the sun set if he'd have tried that under his watch.

So if Saddam were still in power the journalist would have both his shoes and not be in jail? May be that is why he threw his shoes...

if this guy would just blow himself to kingdom come he could have 72 vestal virgins,, just think of his missed opportunity..

His missed opportunity was when Bush ducked.

Why blow himself up when he'll get 72 virgins while still alive .. plus the treasures and wealth, awards, songs, and poems.

Heaven never had it so good.

Do you get virgins in heaven?

I'm glad your satisfied with the fact that Iraqi prisoners are still beaten. I guess "freedom" over their doesn't have the same definition it does here.

you didn't have a problem with Bush being beaten, cry me a river.

Forum List

Back