Josh Hamilton

Bfgrn

Gold Member
Apr 4, 2009
EWYnh.jpg

I am a huge baseball fan and a Yankee fan, but I am also a huge fan of this man. And I mean MAN. Anyone familiar with addiction and the addictive personality understands that these slip ups occur. I am so proud of the way Josh has confronted this illness honestly and with determination. I am confident he will get back on track, and I hope he has a huge comeback season and hits 50 home runs, just not when the Rangers play the Bronx Bombers...

Hamilton apologizes for drinking alcohol
Rangers outfielder says he had 'weak moment' in addiction battle

ARLINGTON -- Rangers outfielder Josh Hamilton, long engaged in a battle against drug and alcohol addiction, publicly apologized for his actions on Monday, when he consumed alcohol in two Dallas establishments.

Hamilton spoke for about 12 minutes Friday at a news conference at the Ballpark in Arlington, after which he did not take questions. He said no drugs were involved and he has had two drug tests since then. He also confirmed that teammate Ian Kinsler was with him at one point during the evening, but not when he was drinking.

"To everybody I hurt, everybody, fans, kids, people who have addictions who look up to me, I apologize," Hamilton said. "When you're doing this, you don't mean to hurt anybody. You're only hurting yourself. But as I know, I hurt a lot of people.

More - Rangers outfielder Josh Hamilton apologizes for drinking alcohol | MLB.com: News

Under the pressure of the cares and sorrows of our mortal condition, men have at all times, and in all countries, called in some physical aid to their moral consolations - wine, beer, opium, brandy, or tobacco.
Edmund Burke

• Thanks
Reactions: del
I'm a Hamilton fan. I expected him to fall off the wagon after that incident with the boy and his father.

One of the few professional athletes that you can look up to for more than just their athletic ability.

Yeah.....that would mak any man falter.

I agree. It would also make a lot of people who've never struggled with addiction fall into it as a way to "cope". Awful tragedy that was just a freak accident, but I'm sure he will carry guilt around for the rest of his life.

Addictions are damned hard to quit and damned hard to stay quit.

THAT is why they're called ADDICTIONS.

Forum List

Back