Josh Duggar And The Message Of Forgiveness

Ever hear of penance? Do you know why prisons are called penitentiaries?
You mean the counseling and treatment he received years ago,that penance?

He did not receive any counseling, he was sent on a remodel project with another fellow pervert and friend of the family.
Really then why are there so many reports that he did,you and everyone els that strats these threads are a bit on the irrational side. The tolerance that is so lacking from people like yourself,is in complete opposition to what you and your kind claim to be.

The only ones reporting that Josh had proper counseling are religious fundamentalist and apologists, such as yourself, for this child molester. The left has never claimed to be tolerant to child molesters. Michelle Duggar is the one who said he was sent on a remodel job. This information is really not hard to find. The parents didn't even report Josh molesting his sisters. Try reading something other than this forum and Fox News.

What follows is a timeline of the case and some of its context, using the police report as a basis. The Democrat-Gazette has published an exhaustive investigation into the circumstances laid out in the report it obtained. The full document with police redaction was published by In Touch Weekly.

In a separate interview with police, Michelle Duggar later says that the treatment program the person attended was not with a certified counselor but with a “guy they knew in Little Rock who is remodeling a building,” the report says.

A timeline of the molestation allegations against Josh Duggar - The Washington Post
underage children,yet your kind thinks its ok that records where released,we have those laws because of people like yourself.
I am not apologizing for anyone,your rabid fascination with these people is pathological,and a safe bet ,that stems from your own childhood playing doctor.

They were children,but then people like yourself ,just see children as something to be disposed of.
And religion has zip zero nadda to do with it.

Nice tantrum for a defender of child molesters.

these clowns on here and the majority of the hard core LEFT are so empty in their souls and hearts. they have no idea what Forgiving is

one can feel their hate spill out of our computers it's so ugly

Right Steph, you know all about forgiving? Yet, your rants show different. You spend most of your time here demonizing people. And before you accuse me of being like you, I want you to use specific posts of mine that verify your attacks. I'd guess you'd come up empty as hate peddling has never been my thing.
Personally, I'm tired of the Duggar threads. I'm here to discuss issues for the most part.
All I will say is that when the Duggar family agreed to be paid mega bucks to be in a reality show, they like of other reality show/show business folks opened up the door to be critiqued. If they wanted their lives to be private, they should have not accepted the offer to be in the show or the money that has made them multi-millionaires.

This is what fundie Christian theocracy would look like. 'Christian' child molesters getting a pass.

Don't you usually have to not be a child to be a child molester? Not saying his actions were right, but how is it accurate when you completely ignore.that he was a child himself when he did this?

Why should someone who makes a mistake have no hope? Should someone's past mistakes prevent them from moving on with life? Or should we forever condemn them?

Jesus Christ was born to give us hope. He lived and died so we could have a way to overcome the past mistakes that hold us back. He sacrificed Himself to free us from our addictions, our mistakes, and our corrupt nature.

Not one of us alive is free from mistakes. All of us need to repent and be born again. So why shouldn't we forgive someone who repented of their sins?

Don't you realize the whole point of helping people recognize their sins is to help them obtain forgiveness?

He made a mistake. But he and his family did the right thing and took responsibility for what happened. And they did that years ago.

At what point do we stop letting the past stigmatized his future?
"We" as rational people would,now the posters here are not,nor is the rabid faith hating left,its an opertunity for them to show just how intolerant,unforgiving bigoted people that they are.

Yep, we are especially intolerant of child molesters who pretend to have a higher moral ground.

No point talking with people who lie and are hypocrites.

The invitation is always open for you. You are still loved.

Since so many threads have been created about this issue, I thought I'd create a new one with a new perspective.

Of the many aspects of this scandal that have been debated, very few have touched on the fact that Josh Duggar knew what he did was wrong, repented of it, and asked forgiveness. He then walked free from his sins. It seems the gospel of Christ has been presented so often that we become jaded to it, but this serves as an opportunity to emphasize that what Josh Duggar did is available to anyone.....just for the asking.

Why is this in the politics section and not the religion section? Because those who with the greatest passion heap scorn and ridicule on Josh Duggar need to hear this message, that the Bible tells us clearly that all have sinned, every person incurring a dept that he or she cannot possibly repay. While we pat ourselves on the back because "at least" we didn't molest several underage girls when we were teenagers, it can easily be lost on us the sobering reality that EVERY SIN IS EQUAL IN ITS CAPACITY TO SEPARATE US ETERNALLY FROM THE LOVE OF GOD.

And though it might not seem fair for somebody else to pay in our stead the debt we amassed and by all rights should be made to pay for by ourselves, Jesus Christ offered up his life in atonement for the sins of humanity.

Yes, amazingly, HE LOVED US THAT MUCH!

light_over_cross_2.jpg

Josh Duggar has experienced this incredible and free gift. So have I. And it's something that cannot be bought, earned, or worked for, it can only be received by asking. And those on this board so quick to condemn ought to consider that they themselves are guilty of sin, but also that they themselves can receive complete absolution for all their sins, just as so many have, by opening their heart to the mercy of God in the Lord Jesus Christ.

Just imagine how incredible it feels to have every terrible thing you ever did completely wiped clean, so that with unsullied hearts and minds, we can freely and without shame approach the glorious throne of God and look forward to the day we spend eternity with the joy of his friendship. Although I'm very rancorous on this forum in political debates, this is a time for me to be sincere and urge you with all my heart to give your lives to Christ and become a New Creation.

It's yours for the asking.

So, if I track someone down I don't like very much from online, say a website...And kill him, as long as I ask forgiveness I can go about my merry way?

Cooool. :)

No point talking with people who lie and are hypocrites.

The invitation is always open for you. You are still loved.

IOW, you've done a little reading and found that you're wrong on almost every point.

You cannot defend your indefensible position.

these clowns on here and the majority of the hard core LEFT are so empty in their souls and hearts. they have no idea what Forgiving is

one can feel their hate spill out of our computers it's so ugly

Right Steph, you know all about forgiving? Yet, your rants show different. You spend most of your time here demonizing people. And before you accuse me of being like you, I want you to use specific posts of mine that verify your attacks. I'd guess you'd come up empty as hate peddling has never been my thing.
Personally, I'm tired of the Duggar threads. I'm here to discuss issues for the most part.
All I will say is that when the Duggar family agreed to be paid mega bucks to be in a reality show, they like of other reality show/show business folks opened up the door to be critiqued. If they wanted their lives to be private, they should have not accepted the offer to be in the show or the money that has made them multi-millionaires.

Jim Bob and Josh have both run for political office and Josh has said he plans a career in politics.

I'm tired of the Duggars and others who preach that they're morally superior while living lives of crime and perversion.

IMO, we need to talk about them. Like the cockroaches they are, we need to shine a very bright light on them.

Ever hear of penance? Do you know why prisons are called penitentiaries?
You mean the counseling and treatment he received years ago,that penance?

He did not receive any counseling, he was sent on a remodel project with another fellow pervert and friend of the family.
Really then why are there so many reports that he did,you and everyone els that strats these threads are a bit on the irrational side. The tolerance that is so lacking from people like yourself,is in complete opposition to what you and your kind claim to be.

The only ones reporting that Josh had proper counseling are religious fundamentalist and apologists, such as yourself, for this child molester. The left has never claimed to be tolerant to child molesters. Michelle Duggar is the one who said he was sent on a remodel job. This information is really not hard to find. The parents didn't even report Josh molesting his sisters. Try reading something other than this forum and Fox News.

What follows is a timeline of the case and some of its context, using the police report as a basis. The Democrat-Gazette has published an exhaustive investigation into the circumstances laid out in the report it obtained. The full document with police redaction was published by In Touch Weekly.

In a separate interview with police, Michelle Duggar later says that the treatment program the person attended was not with a certified counselor but with a “guy they knew in Little Rock who is remodeling a building,” the report says.

A timeline of the molestation allegations against Josh Duggar - The Washington Post
underage children,yet your kind thinks its ok that records where released,we have those laws because of people like yourself.
I am not apologizing for anyone,your rabid fascination with these people is pathological,and a safe bet ,that stems from your own childhood playing doctor.

They were children,but then people like yourself ,just see children as something to be disposed of.
And religion has zip zero nadda to do with it.

Much more than just okay to release records of his molesting 4 year old girls, there is no excuse for keeping them secret. No law was broken when the records were made public but even if there were, isn't the safety of defenseless children worth that?

We should demand that all child predators' records be made public. As it is now, the molesters have rights to privacy but the children do not have the right to be safe.

You are missing the fact that most of what he did was ill intent in his own heart and both children were from the same parents not a neighbor girl

TrinityPower

What does that even mean?

Its true that four of his victims were his own sisters but I have no clue what your statement means. Are you saying that somehow that makes it excusable?

It means

The Duggars, where boy Duggars are men, and girl Duggars are nervous.

Since so many threads have been created about this issue, I thought I'd create a new one with a new perspective.

Of the many aspects of this scandal that have been debated, very few have touched on the fact that Josh Duggar knew what he did was wrong, repented of it, and asked forgiveness. He then walked free from his sins. It seems the gospel of Christ has been presented so often that we become jaded to it, but this serves as an opportunity to emphasize that what Josh Duggar did is available to anyone.....just for the asking.

Why is this in the politics section and not the religion section? Because those who with the greatest passion heap scorn and ridicule on Josh Duggar need to hear this message, that the Bible tells us clearly that all have sinned, every person incurring a dept that he or she cannot possibly repay. While we pat ourselves on the back because "at least" we didn't molest several underage girls when we were teenagers, it can easily be lost on us the sobering reality that EVERY SIN IS EQUAL IN ITS CAPACITY TO SEPARATE US ETERNALLY FROM THE LOVE OF GOD.

And though it might not seem fair for somebody else to pay in our stead the debt we amassed and by all rights should be made to pay for by ourselves, Jesus Christ offered up his life in atonement for the sins of humanity.

light_over_cross_2.jpg

Josh Duggar has experienced this incredible and free gift. So have I. And it's something that cannot be bought, earned, or worked for, it can only be received by asking. And those on this board so quick to condemn ought to consider that they themselves are guilty of sin, but also that they themselves can receive complete absolution for all their sins, just as so many have, by opening their heart to the mercy of God in the Lord Jesus Christ.

Just imagine how incredible it feels to have every terrible thing you ever did completely wiped clean, so that with unsullied hearts and minds, we can freely and without shame approach the glorious throne of God and look forward to the day we spend eternity with the joy of his friendship. Although I'm very rancorous on this forum in political debates, this is a time for me to be sincere and urge you with all my heart to give your lives to Christ and become a New Creation.

So, if I track someone down I don't like very much from online, say a website...And kill him, as long as I ask forgiveness I can go about my merry way?

No. It would not be cool. You would be committing a terrible sin of the worst sort because there would be no way to take it back or make it right. But yes, if you hate what you did, care about your victim, feel true remorse, you will change and become a different person than what you were--a person different from the vindictive sociopath that could kill somebody just because you didn't like him. And you can be forgiven for your sin.

You will no doubt have to suffer the legal consequences for your action, but you will be living a different life even if you are in prison. Perhaps you will make what amends you can by working with others to help them learn how to deal with anger without resorting to violence. The repentent and forgiven sinners are often the most effective people in helping others overcome their own demons and become changed people.

Once you have repented--meaning you have become a changed person--what benefit to you or me or anybody is there for me to judge or hate you? That can only be destructive to us both.

light_over_cross_2.jpg

No. It would not be cool. You would be committing a terrible sin of the worst sort because there would be no way to take it back or make it right. But yes, if you hate what you did, care about your victim, feel true remorse, you will change and become a different person than what you were--a person different from the vindictive sociopath that could kill somebody just because you didn't like him. And you can be forgiven for your sin.

You will no doubt have to suffer the legal consequences for your action, but you will be living a different life even if you are in prison. Perhaps you will make what amends you can by working with others to help them learn how to deal with anger without resorting to violence. The repentent and forgiven sinners are often the most effective people in helping others overcome their own demons and become changed people.

Once you have repented--meaning you have become a changed person--what benefit to you or me or anybody is there for me to judge or hate you? That can only be destructive to us both.

No one is obligated to accept Christianity's repentance strategy. Why are you trying to impose your religion on others?

light_over_cross_2.jpg

No one is obligated to accept Christianity's repentance strategy. Why are you trying to impose your religion on others?

Hmm. I don't see where I mentioned Christianity or religion anywhere in my post. Why are you accusing me of something I didn't do?

Josh Duggar changed. He made mistakes. He sought help. He submitted to the authorities. He paid to heal those he hurt. Why then should we treat him harshly? Especially when his victims don't.

what about the victims of his political agenda who recognize the hypocrisy of his grandstanding which treats them harshly??

Read this earlier and the more I reflected on it the more it disturbed me.

Why? Because it demonstrates that you and Carla aren't at all concerned about the victims. You don't even care about the accusations.

You just want him silenced because of politics.

light_over_cross_2.jpg

You don't understand Christian repentance. If you did you would realize it is the only strategy there is to overcome sin.

Funny how readily theists say this theist is forgiven and can go on with their life, but that theist wont be forgiven and should be prosecuted.

makes you wonder...........

if molesting children then pontificating against others as a danger to children isn't "evil" -- ?

then what is..??

oh right, those who rebuke his agenda, of course... :cuckoo:
Well. I was always taught that Jesus especially frowned on those that harmeD innocents.

'cept if you say you're a believer. Thump that bible and you can diddle all the little girls you want.

Anyone else notice that not one of our "christian" thumpers has addressed the fact that this cult says the victims are to blame?

Is that because they also blame the little girls are to blame?

I looked up the history of the Duggar family church and it is a cult, Luddly. I already posted this on another thread and I also said that I believed the parents were responsible for not protecting their own children and for joining that cult (Bill Gothard the one whose teachings they followed was accused of sexual crimes and was a false teacher - Rick Santorum was in fellowship with that Quiver full ministry too I have learned and he was friends with the Duggar family. As I said before, it is a cult.

When you submit yourselves under the teachings of a cult you're opening the door to very bad things. With that said, once Josh's parents found out what he had done - they should have reported it to the police department. (not a friend inside the police dept.)

What he did is no different then if he had taken a knife and went on a bloody rampage. He committed a very serious crime against his sisters. His sisters are the victims. They should never have been blamed for anything! There is a difference between "treatment" / "counseling" and punishment. While his sisters were most definitely entitled to treatment and counseling - Josh Duggars treatment should have been an arrest, incarceration determined by a Judge who takes molestation very seriously, and a permanent record of his crimes. This would have established to his entire family and the community that what he had done was a very serious crime. I believe that there should be no statute of limitations on crimes against children. They should be able to press charges when they are older and have their day in court and they should be believed.

When nothing happens to the offenders and they are permitted to go on with their lives with no consequences - it gives the victim the belief that they do not matter. That they are expendable and that they don't count. Because they are girls. It's an awful message to send to any child who has suffered such atrocities. Consequences should not go out the window because someone says, I'm sorry.

The parents had no business turning their family into a business enterprise - a television show - to begin with in my belief. Children are to be raised in a home where they feel nurtured and protected and where they can be themselves. You cannot do that when you have a camera on you and the world is watching. It's just not right to merchandise your children. I hope they will stop exploiting their children for profit and turn off the TV cameras because nothing is more important than giving children a safe environment to grow up in. Children are not "actors". They are children.

So, Christian experts, is molesting a child a mortal or venial sin?

Jesus never taught anything about a mortal or venial sin. He said if you even lust in your heart after a woman you see, it is the sin of adultery - you've done it. He said if you are even angry in your own house and call someone "fool" (Racca) that you are in danger of hell! Does that sound venial to you? When God said, The pure in heart shall see God - He meant it! No one with a filthy heart will see God. We must be pure in our thoughts and in all our ways before Him.

The teaching of venial and mortal sin is a man made teaching that is found nowhere in the bible. When Adam sinned by one act of disobedience - the consequences were devastating. Sin is sin. If you belong to a church that teaches "mortal and venial sins"? GET OUT OF THERE! They are making an excuse for sinning and you can be sure it is a cult and you'll find every sort of evil going on within!

Forum List

Back