Joseph Smith and teenage girls?

Amelia

Rookie
Feb 14, 2011
Packerland!
Mormonism offends me because of the level of fraud involved. It was essentially a creepy guy making up a bullshit religion so he could have sex with teenage girls and scam less smart people out of their money.

Joe repeats that often ... about Joseph Smith making up a religion so he could have sex with teenage girls.

Every time I hear it, I'm reminded that Smith was a teenager when he started saying he had visions. So what was so wrong with him wanting to have sex with teenagers while he was dreaming up the things which culminated in the organization of the LDS church?

Also, if the info on Wiki is correct then his second wife was a teenager but not his 3rd through 12th or his 14th through 16th. (13th on the list has a question mark by the age)

It appears to have taken him a long time to get around to implementing the creepy plan which was the reason for him founding a religion.

:dunno:

• Thanks
Reactions: Jos
Mormonism offends me because of the level of fraud involved. It was essentially a creepy guy making up a bullshit religion so he could have sex with teenage girls and scam less smart people out of their money.

Joe repeats that often ... about Joseph Smith making up a religion so he could have sex with teenage girls.

Every time I hear it, I'm reminded that Smith was a teenager when he started saying he had visions. So what was so wrong with him wanting to have sex with teenagers while he was dreaming up the things which culminated in the organization of the LDS church?

Also, if the info on Wiki is correct then his second wife was a teenager but not his 3rd through 12th or his 14th through 16th. (13th on the list has a question mark by the age)

It appears to have taken him a long time to get around to implementing the creepy plan which was the reason for him founding a religion.

Joe is beginning to circle the drain. He is following his exact pattern as he normally does. He goofed under his other username (cammmpbell)already. He (cammmpbell/joe) claimed he was in a Baptist church doing hail marry s in 1940's . To funny. But to the Mormon thing. Joe has such a hard on for them that I assumed he was a past member of the church .

well there is another religion whose founder had a proclivity for young woman too.....its going to be interesting to see the dems work they around that.

well there is another religion whose founder had a proclivity for young woman too.....its going to be interesting to see the dems work they around that.

Joe isn't a dem, but nice try.

So I see by your post that you are both against Muslims and Mormons and Christians because of something that happened for reasons we can't be sure of many years ago?

How cool is that? I suppose I should be against Catholics because some priests are pedophiles.

So I see by your post that you are both against Muslims and Mormons and Christians because of something that happened for reasons we can't be sure of many years ago?

How cool is that? I suppose I should be against Catholics because some priests are pedophiles.

July 2002

WASHINGTON, (UPI) -- Sex between clergymen and boys is by no means a uniquely Catholic phenomenon, a noted American scholar said Wednesday -- it's been going on in Buddhist monasteries in Asia for centuries.

"Of course, this is against the Buddhist canon," Leonard Zwilling of the University of Wisconsin in Madison told United Press International, "but it has been common in Tibet, China, Japan and elsewhere."

"In fact, when the Jesuits arrived in China and Japan in the 16th century, they were horrified by the formalized relationships between Buddhist monks and novices who were still children. These relationships clearly broke the celibacy rule," said Zwilling, who has written extensively about this topic for more than three decades, and was one of the first to do so.

Zwilling, who holds a doctoral degree in Buddhist studies said in a telephone interview this practice continued until well into 20th century.

Buddhism's Pedophile Monks, by Uwe Siemon-Netto at American Buddha Online Library

All religions have there of sick fucks.

• Thanks

July 2002

WASHINGTON, (UPI) -- Sex between clergymen and boys is by no means a uniquely Catholic phenomenon, a noted American scholar said Wednesday -- it's been going on in Buddhist monasteries in Asia for centuries.

"Of course, this is against the Buddhist canon," Leonard Zwilling of the University of Wisconsin in Madison told United Press International, "but it has been common in Tibet, China, Japan and elsewhere."

"In fact, when the Jesuits arrived in China and Japan in the 16th century, they were horrified by the formalized relationships between Buddhist monks and novices who were still children. These relationships clearly broke the celibacy rule," said Zwilling, who has written extensively about this topic for more than three decades, and was one of the first to do so.

Zwilling, who holds a doctoral degree in Buddhist studies said in a telephone interview this practice continued until well into 20th century.

Buddhism's Pedophile Monks, by Uwe Siemon-Netto at American Buddha Online Library

All religions have there of sick fucks.

Exactly. You can say a lot of bad things about Mitten, and I have (aside from his lovely hair), but there is no evidence or even a whisper of evidence that he's a sick fuck.

And I really can't stand the guy.

In the years between 1830 and 1850 "teenagers" routinely married. As young as 14 and possibly younger. Society accepted it and in some cases encouraged it. The life expectancy was pretty low in the 1800's.

It was not considered sick, unusual or illegal. It was the norm.

• Thanks

wth are you talking about?

Unfortunately, the sealing power is never given a fair look by the critics of Joseph Smith. More than likely because they don't believe in it and to recognize the nuances of it would undermine their argument that Joseph Smith was a horrible person. And quite frankly, attacking the messenger is all they can do because they can't dispute the doctrines themselves.

When the sealing power was first being taught, there was alot of information that hadn't been fully reveal. Today we recognize the need for sealings to spouse and from children to parents. The early latter-day saints didn't fully understand the familial connection and would often seek to be sealed to General authorities, and especially to Joseph Smith. They would try to connect their familes to him in some way thinking it was better off for them somehow.

When the doctrines of plural marriage were taught, this was seen as a way to connect to Joseph. There are three types of marriages in the Church:

1) Marriages for time - the sealing power is not necessary for this one. Quite honestly I dont know if someone can be sealed to their partner for time. I've never thought of the issue in depth until this point. But I dont think the sealing power in involved in this. This is what most people would refer to as a typical marriage. You are man and wife until one of the partners dies. Upon death, your marriage is terminated and you wont be married in Eternity.

2) Then there is a marriage for Time and all Eternity. This marriage must be done through the sealing power. This type of marriage is one where you are married during mortality and this marriage continues after death so that there is no termination.

3) Then there is the far less typical and talked about marriage type. That's a marriage for Eternity only. In this marriage, there you are not married during mortality. You don't engage in any of the typical marital activities. But upon the death you are married forever in the Eternal world beyond. This usually only happens when one or both parties have already died. And usually only happens when they were already married during mortality. But it doesn't require that they were married during mortality.

From the research I've done personally on the subject, it looks like most, if not all, of Joseph Smith's plural marriages were the 3rd type. There is no evidence of any sexual relations with any of his wives besides Emma. No children from any marriage other than with Emma (Which has been confirmed by DNA tests). No cohabitation with the plural wives. And something that surprised me in my research, many of the sealings took place after Joseph was already dead. (Which again speaks to the practice of the early saints to seal themselves to Joseph in some way).

As for the age issue, we also need to keep in mind that marriages occured alot younger back in the 1800s. It wouldn't have been odd for the culture. There are still laws on the books in some states that allow marriage of 14 year olds with parental consent.

Personally, it wouldn't bother me if all the plural marriages were type 2 (Time and all eternity) marriages. Nor would it bother me if he lived with and fathered countless children with his wives. I don't think it's immoral to be with your wife, no matter how many you might have. In fact, I think it's far superior take care of multiple women and families then to impregnate and abandon like many men do nowadays without bothering to get married.

With that said, the commandent to all of us is one wife, unless the Lord commands and authorizes otherwise. And I highly doubt that's going to happen in this dispensation again. And personally, I wouldn't want it to if I had a choice. It's hard enough to take care of one wife and family let alone multiple ones. You'd either have to be insane or commanded of God to be willing to do that.

Needless to say the question has been sufficiently answered for my own sake and I hope I have explained alittle of how I view the question. It's not really something I cared about much after I thought it through on my own. Im sure critics will try to argue some of the conclusions Ive reached, but that's fine. Everyone has to do their own study.

I will saw one final thing. The main purpose of the attacks is to show that Joseph Smith is a flawed person and thus what he taught couldn't be correct. But those that attack forget something very obvious: Both Latter-day Saint and non-mormons agree that Joseph Smith was flawed. Even Joseph Smith agreed with that. In fact, a number of the revelations he recieved was chastising himself. There is only one person who has ever walked the earth that wasn't flawed. That person was Jesus Christ.

God works through imperfect people. Very imperfect people. In fact, if He didn't, He would have no one to work with. The healthy don't need to be healed, it's the sick that need healing. The Gospel was sent to us to make bad men good and good men better. Not because we were perfect and worthy, but because we weren't.

Attacking the messenger doesn't invalidate the message. A person failing to live the standards of the Gospel, even if he believes those standards with all their heart, doesn't invalidate the message. There is only one way to know the truth of the message. That is to exercise faith in Christ and act on the doctrines. Jesus said, "If any man will do his will, he shall know of the doctrine, whether it be of God, or whether I speak of myself." (John 7:17).

And what was the message of Joseph Smith? This:

And now, after the many testimonies which have been given of him, this is the testimony, last of all, which we give of him: That he lives!

For we saw him, even on the right hand of God; and we heard the voice bearing record that he is the Only Begotten of the Father—

That by him, and through him, and of him, the worlds are and were created, and the inhabitants thereof are begotten sons and daughters unto God. (D&C 76:22-24)

God can do amazing things through imperfect messengers. He can thrash the nations with the seemingly weak and foolish of the world.

• Thanks

Regardless of that if one has ever read the entire book of mormon they will quickly recogni e it as a poorly plageri ed copy of the old testament. I know he said the angel Mormon appeared to him and revealed golden tabloids( which conveniently disappeared) but how often is somebody supposed to believe a convicted con man and scam artist about anything.

Folks believe all religious tales because they need it to live their lives and because more times than not they are brainwashed as infants or small children.

Last edited:
  • Thanks

Regardless of that if one has ever read the entire book of mormon they will quickly recogni e it as a poorly plageri ed copy of the old testament. I know he said the angel Mormon appeared to him and revealed golden tabloids( which conveniently disappeared) but how often is somebody supposed to believe a convicted con man and scam artist about anything.

Folks believe all religious tales because they need it to live their lives and because more times than not they are brainwashed as infants or small children.

Joe, you are slipping bad. Remember to switch up the writing style man. Both your user persona's are to predictable and can be plotted in the exact same way's by the exact same comments you make through them.

Joe, you are slipping bad. Remember to switch up the writing style man. Both your user persona's are to predictable and can be plotted in the exact same way's by the exact same comments you make through them.

I will continue to make the same points using any method I can for as long as I'm here.

In the years between 1830 and 1850 "teenagers" routinely married. As young as 14 and possibly younger. Society accepted it and in some cases encouraged it. The life expectancy was pretty low in the 1800's.

It was not considered sick, unusual or illegal. It was the norm.

Post some evidence, gunny. You will be surprised what you research reveals to you.

I will continue to make the same points using any method I can for as long as I'm here.

doggy, you have been discredited here for a long time. Keep posting. We can all use the grin and chuckle you provide.

Ok so thats why the two accounts here then. Now can you explain why you were doing Hail Marys as a Baptist in a Baptist church ? That was a typical Joe flubb. Whats up with that ?

doggy, you have been discredited here for a long time. Keep posting. We can all use the grin and chuckle you provide.

Hell bud.....I made my bones when you were still a glimmer in your old man's eye. Don't go to putting any weight on me.....the very best has already tried.

Ok so thats why the two accounts here then. Now can you explain why you were doing Hail Marys as a Baptist in a Baptist church ? That was a typical Joe flubb. Whats up with that ?

lol ... did he really say that?!

Hell bud.....I made my bones when you were still a glimmer in your old man's eye. Don't go to putting any weight on me.....the very best has already tried.

Yeah, and non of dem dar Hail Mary's you said in dat dar Baptist church had anything to do with it huh Joe. None have tried they just banned you. You may have forgot, but tha story about your tome " in the guards" has already been posted under another one of your monikers, as well as where you got all the unit info and even the time period in which this persona used. You are a goofy turd and no longer even a challenge. I thought this would be fun.

lol ... did he really say that?!

Yes Cammmpbel did. Joe has gotten lazy, and is no longer fun sport. Notice the "bud" thing. That, as well as "guy" is a Joeism. Any time you apply heat you will be referred to as "Bud" or "Guy" depending on the moniker he is using at the time. Take a look at both there post, very simpler in rhetoric. It was when He commented in the Joseph Smith thread as Cammmpbell that I was 100% certain it was him. He not only has posted the exact same thing under Joe, he has posted the same on other boards.

Last edited:

Yeah, and non of dem dar Hail Mary's you said in dat dar Baptist church had anything to do with it huh Joe. None have tried they just banned you. You may have forgot, but tha story about your tome " in the guards" has already been posted under another one of your monikers, as well as where you got all the unit info and even the time period in which this persona used. You are a goofy turd and no longer even a challenge. I thought this would be fun.

So what are you doing....calling me a liar about my military service

All churches are a major load of horse shit. It really doesn't make any difference whether it's catholic, baptist, presbyterian etc. A load of horse shit from 2000 years ago. The Jews copied a story that was told twenty times in N. Africa and the middle east beginning about 3000 years before Jesus.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back