Jonathan Strange and Mr Norrell.

New 7 part series just started on Sunday nights. Based on the novel by Susanna Clarke. I was mesmerised.

BBC drama at it's best. And scheduled for BBC America in June.

Really? BBC America is actually going to run a British show? I'll be darned.

No need for that.

Wolf Hall was on PBS.

yes I know I've been watching it online. why does BBCamerica run so much crap? I'm guessing it's a money thing.

Graham Norton is crap? I don't think so.
not to mention Doc.Who and Ripper Street.....Copper was good too.....

Copper and Ripper Street are so similar (not necessarily in a bad way) that I couldn't keep track of which characters were on which show.

yes I know I've been watching it online. why does BBCamerica run so much crap? I'm guessing it's a money thing.

There are other British shows on cable. Midsummer Murders, for example.

Canada has few good ones too....not on the BBC though...

Does Canada have Coronation Street?

Some Coronation St might be on free Hulu, or Amazon Prime, I can't keep those two straight because I watch stuff on both.

No need for that.

Wolf Hall was on PBS.

There are other British shows on cable. Midsummer Murders, for example.

Some Inspector George Gently is on Hulu, more on Youtube.

New 7 part series just started on Sunday nights. Based on the novel by Susanna Clarke. I was mesmerised.

No need for that.

Wolf Hall was on PBS.

I'm just referring to how much of BBCA isn't BBC. Primetime tonight for example: Terminator 3. Twice! WTF?`

No need for that.

Wolf Hall was on PBS.

I'm just referring to how much of BBCA isn't BBC. Primetime tonight for example: Terminator 3. Twice! WTF?`

Yes but, BBC UK shows that kind of stuff too.

UK television only imports and screens the best of US TV. No one gets to see the dross available when one is actually in America.

No need for that.

Wolf Hall was on PBS.

So you have no interest in discussing the show itself?

What? Wolf Hall? It's an amazing show. Amazing because it's mindboggling that anyone could tackle the well worn Henry VIII story and come up with something so brilliantly entertaining.

That's BBC at it's best. The attention to detail in historical dramas.

Wolf Hall location scenes were filmed at Tudor residences; still standing after all these years.

No need for that.

Wolf Hall was on PBS.

UK television only imports and screens the best of US TV. No one gets to see the dross available when one is actually in America.

I think much of what BBCAmerica puts on is geared to appeal to what they think Americans want to watch. Hulu's British section is better than BBCAmerica by far. As is Amazon Prime's. lol, I wish there was a channel devoted to just running past Masterpiece Theatres 24 hours a day.

No need for that.

Wolf Hall was on PBS.

I think much of what BBCAmerica puts on is geared to appeal to what they think Americans want to watch. Hulu's British section is better than BBCAmerica by far. As is Amazon Prime's. lol, I wish there was a channel devoted to just running past Masterpiece Theatres 24 hours a day.

I love Saturday mornings on BBC America. Eastenders(hopelessly out of date), Graham Norton. Dr Who.

I grant you it is poor, compared to BBC pure.

Forum List

Back