Jon Stewart's show last night, guns and Stanley McCrystal

So there aren't tighter restrictions now at airports than there were pre 9/11? Those laws didn't target muslims, but targeted all people who chose to fly.

Why can't there be tighter gun restrictions? It's not targeting individual gun owners but all people who wish to possess a gun.

This is absolutely f---ing precious...............The laws SHOULD have targeted muslims, and new gun legislation should target the mentally challenged.......................

That would mean posts like this would prevent you from getting a gun and not others. You're ok with that?

Liberals..........Like arguing with eight year old girls

It really burns your side when Stewart does a substantial interview unlike any you'd see on Faux or the Main Stream Media either.

Mad Magazine and Jon Stewart have long been the level of intellectual inquiry the left is capable of.

When you grow up a wee bit more, National Lampoon will be another source of "news" for you.

It really burns your side when Stewart does a substantial interview unlike any you'd see on Faux or the Main Stream Media either.

Mad Magazine and Jon Stewart have long been the level of intellectual inquiry the left is capable of.

When you grow up a wee bit more, National Lampoon will be another source of "news" for you.

lol, I'd be ashamed to post something that Stewart says...Like everyone follows the idiot

Tell us about where you get your news from...

lol, I'd be ashamed to post something that Stewart says...Like everyone follows the idiot

On the contrary...your posts on this site would tell us that nothing makes you ashamed.

England did away with their guns - all of them - in a slow incideous process that took about 80 years. The whole time they were in that process they denied that they were going to romove all the guns.
Now they are moving to ban long kitchen knives because their violent crime rate is higher than that of the USA. I wonder if they will eventually ban cricket bats.

The Britts have proven that the keyword is VIOLENCE not guns.
The violent crime rate in England is HIGHER than it is in the USA and they have no guns. Their SUBJECTS (not citizens) have no way to protect themselves from crime. Crime continues to rise in England while the crime in the USA is going down.
We need to enforce the laws we already have (over 2000 gun laws) because gun crimes prosecution is at an all-time low. If we don't enforce the laws we have then why make new laws that only affect the lawful citizens? Why keep a type of gun out of the hands of law abiding citzens if the criminals still get them? How does that reduce crime? IT DOESN'T - IT CAN'T! What it does is to empower the criminal. If they have the upper hand then there is less deterrent to the commission of a crime.
In the video, Jon Stewart mentioned 30000 gun deaths a year but that has nothing to do with the number of gun crimes which total 17000 a year. There are more than twice that many times a year that private citizens protect themselves, their property and others against crime in the USA with the use of a gun.
There are more people killed each year with rocks, bats and knives than with guns. Why is the focus on guns and not on crime?

January 08, 2013 - Stanley McChrystal - The Daily Show With Jon Stewart - Full Episode Video | Comedy Central

Although not suitable viewing for anyone with a slammed shut mind, it was, as always, excellent.

What he says about the constant mass murders and the crazy gun nutters who think they're gonna take on the government makes excellent points and pokes huge holes in the total lack of logic we've been seeing.

Like I said, not suitable for closed minds and you know who you are. :tongue:

You know those bigots who see something bad committed by some Muslims and their confirmation bias causes them to demand we do something about ALL Muslims to monitor and control all Muslims more closely to prevent further attacks? You know how that is patently ridiculous and a threat to our liberties?

Yeah. You and gun owners. Same thing. You want to monitor and control all of them because of the actions of a few.

So there aren't tighter restrictions now at airports than there were pre 9/11? Those laws didn't target muslims, but targeted all people who chose to fly.

Why can't there be tighter gun restrictions? It's not targeting individual gun owners but all people who wish to possess a gun.

Exactly the point he makes.

January 08, 2013 - Stanley McChrystal - The Daily Show With Jon Stewart - Full Episode Video | Comedy Central

Although not suitable viewing for anyone with a slammed shut mind, it was, as always, excellent.

What he says about the constant mass murders and the crazy gun nutters who think they're gonna take on the government makes excellent points and pokes huge holes in the total lack of logic we've been seeing.

Like I said, not suitable for closed minds and you know who you are. :tongue:

If it's not suitable for closed minds, how did you watch it?

In 1995 Eric holder made a speech. Brainwash kids that guns are not cool.

Brainwash. yet he was in charge of fast and furious.

The report found that Holder was not informed of the controversial ATF operation until 2011, after Border Patrol Agent Brian Terry was killed. In a written statement on the findings, Holder said the inspector-general's report upholds "what I, and other Justice Department officials, have said for many months now" -- that the tactics used pre-dated the Obama administration and that Justice Department leaders didn't try to hide the facts from lawmakers.

"It is unfortunate that some were so quick to make baseless accusations before they possessed the facts about these operations -- accusations that turned out to be without foundation and that have caused a great deal of unnecessary harm and confusion," Holder said. "I hope today's report acts as a reminder of the dangers of adopting as fact unsubstantiated conclusions before an investigation of the circumstances is completed."

'Fast and Furious' report slaps 14 at Justice, ATF - CNN.com

If there's one thing we consistently see from the right its that there is no place for FACTS in any conversation.

OTOH, lots of childish name calling is not just acceptable. Its actually all they have.

IOW, you either didn't watch it or its W-A-Y over your head.

And here I thought Jon Stewart was a comedian. Silly me.

Where do you get your news from exactly?

I read three newspapers (liberal, moderate and conservative), read historical novels, watch Charles Krauthammer (buzz through the rest), and read political blogs.

So you thought the interview with the General was comedy?

Forum List

Back