Jon Stewart to Nancy Pelosi: Why didn’t Dems pass a budget when they had the chance?

Also, did you know Republicans “don’t believe in” Social Security, Medicare, Medicaid, clean air, clean water, food safety, public safety and public education? I surely didn’t. Honestly, I’m not even sure what it means to not believe in them — to not acknowledge their existence? To not desire them? If what she’s trying to say is Republicans don’t believe in Big Government, then sure: They’ve seen the inefficacy, the inefficiency, the clumsiness of programs that often do the opposite of what they’re intended to do — and they’d rather empower people to take personal responsibility than to continue to perpetuate dependency. But that’s rather different than not believing in programs that, like it or not, have become part of the political landscape and have to be addressed one way or another.

The conservative position is that folks should kick their "dependency" on clean air, clean water, and non-toxic food?

And that has what to do with Democrat Congress not passing a budget?

I think it's evidence that Stewart isn't the biased wanna-be news reporter that many on the right have claimed him to be over the years, since we're on the topic of liars and hypocrites.

:eusa_whistle:

News Reporter? Last I checked he is a comedian. And he most definitely slants his show to the left.

He has more journalistic integrity than FOX News and MSNBC combined.

Slanted? Yeah, maybe a little bit...but questions like this one prove he isn't a typical political talking head.

He gave Obama a pretty good grilling last year too. And it is not journalism, but comedy.

Also, did you know Republicans “don’t believe in” Social Security, Medicare, Medicaid, clean air, clean water, food safety, public safety and public education? I surely didn’t. Honestly, I’m not even sure what it means to not believe in them — to not acknowledge their existence? To not desire them? If what she’s trying to say is Republicans don’t believe in Big Government, then sure: They’ve seen the inefficacy, the inefficiency, the clumsiness of programs that often do the opposite of what they’re intended to do — and they’d rather empower people to take personal responsibility than to continue to perpetuate dependency. But that’s rather different than not believing in programs that, like it or not, have become part of the political landscape and have to be addressed one way or another.

The conservative position is that folks should kick their "dependency" on clean air, clean water, and non-toxic food?

I think that righties like clean air, water, and germ-free food as much as the next guy. The problem is over bearing regulations that stiffle the free market and damage the economy.

I think that righties like clean air, water, and germ-free food as much as the next guy. The problem is over bearing regulations that stiffle the free market and damage the economy.
Precisely my point so many hours ago...REP coming...

None whatsoever. But GreenTeeth should be lauded by his masters whom pay him to be here for his efforts to skew the discussion. Maybe a bonus of dinner at McDonald's and an Angus burger for his efforts?

None whatsoever. But GreenTeeth should be lauded by his masters whom pay him to be here for his efforts to skew the discussion. Maybe a bonus of dinner at McDonald's and an Angus burger for his efforts?

No I think Plouffe pays greenbeard real money to get the party line out here on USMB

Last edited:
News Reporter? Last I checked he is a comedian. And he most definitely slants his show to the left.

He has more journalistic integrity than FOX News and MSNBC combined.

Slanted? Yeah, maybe a little bit...but questions like this one prove he isn't a typical political talking head.

He gave Obama a pretty good grilling last year too. And it is not journalism, but comedy.

It's really a matter of perspective, I find most "news" channels to be rather comedic.

Pelosi and truthmangler are exactly the same . . lying partisan hacks.

The pwnage of truthmangler in this thread? Epic.

:lol:

Precisely my point so many hours ago...REP coming...

Didn't mean to say the same as you but sometimes I skip over pages of blather and go right to the point. Thanks.

There were a few dems who were siding with the republicans at the time.

Pretending they were not is merely lying.

Now when all the republicans butter up a few conservadems so that they side with them in keeping anything from getting done how is that the democrats faulT?

The GOP has sent 15 Bills to the senate, and Reid wont even put them up for a vote. It's not the GOP stopping bills, it's the Democrats not wanting to put there vote on record before 2012.
And what conservadems are you talking about? Was it the same ones who helped ram through the healthcare law that noone wanted? I bet it is which makes them in no way shape or form conservadems, it just makes them pieces of shit who will be without a job in a year.

Some of them lost their jobs for it

They didn't lose there jobs for inactions, they lost there jobs for voting the party line and following along obamas agenda. Make no mistake, these elections ARE a referendum on Obama and his policies that these democrats also supported. You dont see the real bluedog democrats losing there jobs do you? No you dont.

The republican party did so little oversite when they had control that they had so few investigations on anything they broke congressional records for it.

They will go down in history as one of the least active congresses.
The democrats have failed to pass a budget in over 900 days, and that is not the most inactive in history? You have to remember, even when the democrats had complete control of both chambers from 2008 to 2010 they still did not pass a budget and to this day the senate has not even bothered to offer one up.

Then they lost the majority and are trying to keep anything from being done.

The Democrats are the only ones blocking bills that will help this economy. If you are talking about the GOP blocking job killing legislation then you are correct, and we support them for it.

This is why you never hire people to run government who hate governemnt.
No, this is why you pay more attention to who you elect into office, for starters you have to make sure they have a voting record that supports the constitution and liberty, something you hope and change believers should have looked for before voting this monstrosity into office.

They say government doesnt work and then they try to prove it
Government works for the people, not the other way around, and it will only work as efficiently if we as the people put in place officials who follow the constitution and are not beholden to special interest groups.

And so goes the right wing spin.

The democrats FIGHT to get things done and the republicans do everything thehy can to keep anything from getting done.

The Democrats fight to socialize America "With help from rinos" and the conservative base of the GOP try to prevent it from happening. I think this would be a more accurate way of putting it truthjustdoesntmatter.

give us a particular year in congress and lets discuss that years particulars and I will show you exactly what is happening.

head_up_ass_butt_democrat_think_tank_mousepad-p144425213955773365trak_400.jpg

There were a few dems who were siding with the republicans at the time.

Pretending they were not is merely lying.

Now when all the republicans butter up a few conservadems so that they side with them in keeping anything from getting done how is that the democrats faulT?

It doesn't really matter if there were a few Dems siding with the GOP, the fact is that they didn't even try to get a budget passed. This is the inherent weakness of the Democratic party. They simply refuse to fight too often. They should have come up with a reasonable budget, given it a vote, and allowed political pressure to mount on those voting against it, and gotten the budget passed through. The Democrats allow themselves to get man handled each and every step of the way, and then they complain that the GOP isn't being "fair." They need to develop more of a backbone, and they need to start by getting rid of Pelosi.

After 2012, we wont have to worry very much about pelosi and reid, they may still be in office but they will be reduced to the back corner of the room.

What's most ironic about this is how quickly Stewart has fallen into favor with the Conservatives posting on this thread. Was it this particular situation that removed him from association with the dreaded left?

One can cite and support individual statements by people one does not in general support. More importantly one can use mouth pieces for the left that attack the left to show them for the fools liars and hypocrites they are.

I think it's evidence that Stewart isn't the biased wanna-be news reporter that many on the right have claimed him to be over the years, since we're on the topic of liars and hypocrites.

:eusa_whistle:

I think Jon is a liberal that questions his ideology. I think he understands that now that Obama and the Dems were in absolute power that maybe the Tea Party was on to something. Jon wanted strait and simple answers and couldn't get them, anyone can see he was frustrated.

Forum List

Back