Jon Stewart to Nancy Pelosi: Why didn’t Dems pass a budget when they had the chance?

One can cite and support individual statements by people one does not in general support. More importantly one can use mouth pieces for the left that attack the left to show them for the fools liars and hypocrites they are.

I think it's evidence that Stewart isn't the biased wanna-be news reporter that many on the right have claimed him to be over the years, since we're on the topic of liars and hypocrites.

:eusa_whistle:

I think Jon is a liberal that questions his ideology. I think he understands that now that Obama and the Dems were in absolute power that maybe the Tea Party was on to something. Jon wanted strait and simple answers and couldn't get them, anyone can see he was frustrated.

I honestly don't think he was fooled by the current ranking Democrats to begin with, he's a pretty bright individual. He's doing now what he was doing when W's administration became the problem that it was. This isn't the first time he's been critical of Democrats, not by a long shot. I'd bet he's aware that most of this is a game of a BS, but he still has to play nice on his corporate sponsored show.

Aren't the Pelosi sicophants always screeching about those "Do-Nothing Congresses?' Not passing a Budget? What do her sicophants call that? This woman should be run out of Congress. She's incredibly corrupt.

Postponing even talking about a budget until after the 2010 election because you didn't want your constituents to see what you'd have to cut to be fiscally responsible was cravenly.

The dems would have disillusioned some of their deluded constituents and would have lost bigger. They knew it. So no budget.

Made me so mad but whatcha gonna do?

Last edited:
I think it's evidence that Stewart isn't the biased wanna-be news reporter that many on the right have claimed him to be over the years, since we're on the topic of liars and hypocrites.

:eusa_whistle:

I think Jon is a liberal that questions his ideology. I think he understands that now that Obama and the Dems were in absolute power that maybe the Tea Party was on to something. Jon wanted strait and simple answers and couldn't get them, anyone can see he was frustrated.

I honestly don't think he was fooled by the current ranking Democrats to begin with, he's a pretty bright individual. He's doing now what he was doing when W's administration became the problem that it was. This isn't the first time he's been critical of Democrats, not by a long shot. I'd bet he's aware that most of this is a game of a BS, but he still has to play nice on his corporate sponsored show.

This. His show is supposed to a comedy show, but when he has someone of high standing on his show (such as Pelosi)-he asks them tough questions regardless of who they are. The irony is he asks tougher questions than most "news" organizations do.

He pokes fun of both Democrats and Republicans. When the Solyandra scandal broke he showed clips of Obama (and Biden), and showed them in a very bad light.

But yes, ultimately ALL news channels are going to be biased, and are going to censor their speakers. If they don't watch what they say after all-they'll be let go.

Also, did you know Republicans “don’t believe in” Social Security, Medicare, Medicaid, clean air, clean water, food safety, public safety and public education? I surely didn’t. Honestly, I’m not even sure what it means to not believe in them — to not acknowledge their existence? To not desire them? If what she’s trying to say is Republicans don’t believe in Big Government, then sure: They’ve seen the inefficacy, the inefficiency, the clumsiness of programs that often do the opposite of what they’re intended to do — and they’d rather empower people to take personal responsibility than to continue to perpetuate dependency. But that’s rather different than not believing in programs that, like it or not, have become part of the political landscape and have to be addressed one way or another.

The conservative position is that folks should kick their "dependency" on clean air, clean water, and non-toxic food?

This reminds me of the Calvin and Hobbes where he's startled away in class and starts blurting out random possible answers, "1632! Lexington and Concord! Gettysburg Address! i before e!!"

New Topics

Forum List

Back