Jon Stewart Slams Media for Missing ACORN Story

Zoom-boing

Platinum Member
Oct 30, 2008
East Japip
Last night, Jon Stewart featured video clips of ACORN employees advising undercover journalists posing as a pimp and a prostitute how to hide the nature of their business in their tax forms.

The video clips debuted on biggovernment.com and were featured by FOX News commentator Glenn Beck. Since then the clips have circulated widely on conservative blogs and news sites and sparked a vote in the Senate to de-fund the organization.

"The bad news is that ACORN appears to be a criminal organization that aids and abets criminals and get millions of dollars in taxpayer money!" Stewart said, after highlighting the clips on his show.

Stewart joined conservatives in their criticism of the media, wondering why major media outlets failed to investigate ACORN or report on the investigative videos.

“Where were the real reporters on this story…Where the hell were you?" Stewart screamed into the camera,

"You’re telling me that two kids from the cast of High School Musical 3 can break this story with a video camera and their grandmother’s chinchilla coat, and you’ve got nothin’?" he asked.

"I’m a fake journalist, and I’m embarrassed these guys scooped me," he added, "Let's get to work people!"

Watch the full clip below:

Jon Stewart slams media for missing ACORN story: 'Where the hell were you!?' | Washington Examiner

It's alright though, I'm sure Conservatives will be back to bashing Jon Stewart in earnest real soon.

Too bad the fringe media, er the MSM, has it's eyes and ears closed. They're missing some big scoops.

Side note: Jon Stewart is one funny guy.

That's why I love John Stewart! :thup:

Those who don't like him probably don't watch him too much, he rails against and makes fun of everyone, left, right and lunatics.

"Genital contractor"
"Used vagina salesman"

LOLOLOLOLOL! Stewart is fab, that's all. He just is, always has been.

He's funny as hell but inaccurate, they didn't miss it they buried it; all except Fox.. the number one station in the world if you want the actual news! but stewart was funneeeeee.

Can't wait to watch all of Obama's involvement with ACORN unfold and see him tapdance around the fact that he was once an employee of this group of fine law abiding citizens (sic). If they do in fact investigate ACORN, they are going to find a lot of politicians with their thumb in the ACORN pie. Let's hope they all go to jail, including our fine President.

Can't wait to watch all of Obama's involvement with ACORN unfold and see him tapdance around the fact that he was once an employee of this group of fine law abiding citizens (sic). If they do in fact investigate ACORN, they are going to find a lot of politicians with their thumb in the ACORN pie. Let's hope they all go to jail, including our fine President.

well he's on record for giving them about 800,000 dollars during the campaign and he's on record telling them they had a place at the table in his administration. so it will be hard to divorce himself from them.

"Obama? ACORN? Never heard of them" -- LMSM

I wonder why two kids had to break this story and the MSM couldn't? "I'm a fake journalist, and I'm embarrassed these guys scooped me." John Stewart.

I was watching Olbermann last night. I watch various shows in small snippets (it's all my stomach can handle) just to see what they're saying. Anyway he was bitching with some other guy about the Tea Party over the weekend. Piss and moan, nothing of substance, blah, blah, blah. They showed a clip of Fox and Friends. Gretchen was on the screen and the banner under her read 'ACORN under fire; MSM continues to fail in reporting scandal' (or something similar to this). :lol: The MSM - really? main stream media, is that what they think they are? - has it's eyes and ears closed. No wonder Fox slams on cable.

P2+ Total Day
FNC – 1,640,000 viewers
CNN – 610,000 viewers
MSNBC –462,000 viewers
CNBC – 186,000 viewers
HLN – 321,000 viewers

P2+ Prime Time
FNC – 3,426,000viewers
CNN— 1,044,000 viewers
MSNBC –1,164,000 viewers
CNBC – a scratch w/113,000 viewers
HLN – 643,000viewers

Cable News Ratings for Tuesday September 15, 2009: Fox News 25-54 Primetime Demo Nearly Equals Combined Competition’s - TV Ratings, Nielsen Ratings, Television Show Ratings | TVbytheNumbers.com

Forum List

Back