Jon Stewart Rips President Obama For Debt Ceiling 'Dealageddon' (VIDEO)

Stewart has been tearing into Obama for awhile now. Here is Stewart's segment Respect My Authoritah which highlights Obama's executive abuse of power. (You'll have to google it since I can't post links).

Its pretty funny to see Republicans surprised that a liberal would speak up against Obama. Dissenting against their party when their party strays from their values is a foreign concept to many on the right.

Stewart has been tearing into Obama for awhile now. Here is Stewart's segment Respect My Authoritah which highlights Obama's executive abuse of power. (You'll have to google it since I can't post links).

Its pretty funny to see Republicans surprised that a liberal would speak up against Obama. Dissenting against their party when their party strays from their values is a foreign concept to many on the right.

If he actually held a political position of power you might be right. But since he doesn't its meaningless to all but the sheep that mindlessly follow him.

On a related note I guess you just didn't see the tea party stand up to the speaker for the last two weeks? Such a shame you had your head in the sand cause you missed what "real" conviction is.

Last edited:
Like Obama your side seems to hang on his every word.

My side? I don't have a side, I am a registered independent. And you know what? Comedian or not, he very often makes more sense than the "real" politicos do on either side. The right is just pissy that they get caught the most in the crosshairs. And I didn't say he was off limits for critique nor did I defend him previously... I was just asking for YOU guys to prove what you posted.

"im an entertainer" as an excuse to bloviate.

Again, please show proof of bloviation. Do you know what that means?

It's easy to "make sense" when there are no consequences for your words. That's the luxury of hiding behind "im a comedian first". And of course I know what bloviating means. We do it every day on here.

At 3:43 he admits my very point and then goes on to give further excuses.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RwyUdBp-cck&feature=youtube_gdata_player]‪Jon Stewart vs. Chris Wallace on Fox News Sunday - Aired 6/19/2011‬‏ - YouTube[/ame]

That is a great clip for those who really want to understand the dynamics. It was a cordial interchange and quite revealing. When those on the right are partisan, they are being activist. When those on the left are partisan, they are not doing it out of activism. :) A rather convenient argument. But Stewart was very clear in his opinion that Fox was activist but nobody else, though most are more liberal than not, is. I found that absolutely fascinating because I think Stewart was being absolutely sincere.

We can't move on though without providing at least something in rebuttal to Stewart's claim that EVERY POLL shows Fox viewers to be the least informed:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v1zr5f1yqTw]‪FOX VIEWERS BEST INFORMED 110622‬‏ - YouTube[/ame]

Yeah, well; we don't have Faux doing all our thinking for us. Free thought means being able to see and own when somebody done fucked up.

If he actually held a political position of power you might be right. But since he doesn't its meaningless to all but the sheep that mindlessly follow him.

It is irrelevant if Stewart holds a political office or not.

On a related note I guess you just didn't see the tea party stand up to the speaker for the last two weeks? Such a shame you had your head in the sand cause you missed what "real" conviction is.

How did that "real conviction" work out for ya'? It looks like the leaders of your own party ignored you.

Jon Stewart Rips President Obama For Debt Ceiling 'Dealageddon' (VIDEO)

The deal, consisting of trillions of dollars in spending cuts but no revenue increases, will raise the debt ceiling until 2013 but has Stewart wondering why President Obama gave up on his demands. What about all that talk about how important it is to have a balanced debt reduction plan including higher taxes on the rich? Stewart was even more confused when the President thanked the American people for tweeting and contacting their Congressmen and women to garner support for his plan, even though hardly any of it made it into the final deal:

"Let me just stop you right there -- you're not pinning this turd on us. Last time I checked, the buck stops with you, not the Twitterverse."

Watch the full clip below to hear the rest of Stewart's reaction (including how he realized a certain bow-tied National Journal reporter is the only one who knows what will happen next) and watch the second segment below to hear his take on the Tea Party's reaction.
Nobody says is like Jon Stewart, thanks.

It is irrelevant if Stewart holds a political office or not.

How did that "real conviction" work out for ya'? It looks like the leaders of your own party ignored you.

It looks like you completely ignored the point of my post and opted to play semantics instead. Thanks for playing...

It looks like you completely ignored the point of my post and opted to play semantics instead. Thanks for playing...

The irony is strong with this one. You are the one who originally threw down a red herring, claiming that people who speak up when their party goes astray only matters if they hold a political position of power.

Then I pointed out that your tea party "conviction" does not matter, when even the leaders of your own party ignore you.

If you are going to make up the rules, then I would expect you to at least follow them. Thanks for playing.

Those who jammed their noses up the Hopey Changey One's butt-hole,deserve to be farted on. This whining is pretty funny.

The irony is strong with this one. You are the one who originally threw down a red herring, claiming that people who speak up when their party goes astray only matters if they hold a political position of power.

Then I pointed out that your tea party "conviction" does not matter, when even the leaders of your own party ignore you.

If you are going to make up the rules, then I would expect you to at least follow them. Thanks for playing.

If were playing by my rules then why not respond to my op instead of picking one or two sentences out of my last one? Nice try but my op is valid.

And on a related not an elected officials pov is very important to those of us wishing to have an informed vote. Not surprised you don't find it relevant.

Ps. I'm done with you so you may have the last word/insult if you like.

Daily Show: Dealageddon! - A Heartbreaking Work of Staggering Compromise - Tea Party No-Win - The Daily Show with Jon Stewart - 08/01/11 - Video Clip | Comedy Central

The Tea Party has revealed just how desperately dogmatic they are. They were willing to throw the US economy under the bus for Grover. Simple as that...They have overreached and shown everyone they do not believe in Democracy or reasonable debate. They mission is to bow to their unelected, priviledged lead, Grover....(wasn't he on Sesame Street?)

Stewart is right...

Obama doesn't have the balls to hold out against the Republicans

How many times is he going to fold?

Forum List

Back