Jon Stewart just gained another clip: Fox News continues to have Problems with Clips

Modbert

Daydream Believer
Sep 2, 2008
Think Progress » Fox News displays old campaign footage to claim Palin is getting ‘huge crowds’ at her book signings.

Take a look at — these are some of the pictures just coming into us.” But the pictures that the network chose to display on-air appeared to be old file footage of Palin rallies from the 2008 presidential campaign. Individuals in the crowd are seen holding McCain/Palin signs, and others are holding pom-poms and cheering wildly. “There’s a crowd of folks,” an enthused Jarrett observed, referring to the old footage. Watch it:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=luNheD4DGr8&feature=player_embedded]YouTube - Fox News' misleading Palin crowd shot[/ame]

Oops?

Ironically, Sean Hannity is mentioned as the clip is played. And remember, this is suppose to be there "non-commentary" news.

This stuff just helps out the palin camp. Wouldn't be surprised if murdoch's sig is attached to the chain that drops JS his salary.

This stuff just helps out the palin camp. Wouldn't be surprised if murdoch's sig is attached to the chain that drops JS his salary.

Not really. And it definitely doesn't help Fox News. People are going to be paying attention to their videos even more now to point out lies.

Sean Hannity always makes me laugh nervously for a very long time.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z_QdNE5DwU0]YouTube - Family Guy - Peter's Long, Retarded Laugh[/ame]

that looks fake...there is a cut right in the beginning of the video...

and please....as if this was on purpose if true....you guys are such hacks you think a mistake is propaganda....then all news is propaganda...

Last edited:

and please....as if this was on purpose if true....you guys are such hacks you think a mistake is propaganda....then all news is propaganda...

Yawn, Fox continues to make this mistake. Either they're doing it on purpose or they're an incompetent news organization. Choose now.

As for it being valid or not, it's real:

Fox uses old Palin crowd footage - Michael Calderone - POLITICO.com

UPDATE: Fox responded to the matter via The Swamp.

"This was a production error in which the copy editor changed a script and didn't alert the control room to update the video,'' Michael Clemente, senior vice president of news at FOX, sad this evening. "There will be an on-air explanation during Happening Now on Thursday."

Nice trying to defend Fox though. :eusa_whistle:

You aren't seriously trying ti claim fox doesn't have a specific agenda are you?

Not really. And it definitely doesn't help Fox News. People are going to be paying attention to their videos even more now to point out lies.
Don't be silly. The FAUX fans are loyal. No dishonesty committed by FAUX is too much.

Fox is a laser beam aimed at Nationalists so their base audience doesn't give a fuck about accuracy or honesty. All this stuff does is martyr fox and palin. I'm actually surprised some palin freak fan hasn't already responded to the op with "this is evidence palin scares the shit out of liberals!"

Don't be silly. The FAUX fans are loyal. No dishonesty committed by FAUX is too much.

I believe Fox's news like I believe Sammy Sosa didn't lighten his skin color.

Point is, once a bold faced liar, always a bold faced liar.

I'm always amazed at people who don't get the difference between what Fox is doing and what every other channel is doing.

Sure their might be some bias on CNN and yes MSNBC is liberal, except for Joe Scarbarough, but they aren't making up the news. Their reporting on it. Sure from a left, but they aren't lying or creating stories to push an agenda.

I'm always amazed at people who don't get the difference between what Fox is doing and what every other channel is doing.

Sure their might be some bias on CNN and yes MSNBC is liberal, except for Joe Scarbarough, but they aren't making up the news. Their reporting on it. Sure from a left, but they aren't lying or creating stories to push an agenda.

The msm is no less guilty of agendas than fox but it's simply unbelievably pro government. The "left/right" thing is bullshit designed to keep us, as a whole, believing we can rely on the shit msm puts out. Fox legitimizes cnn and vice versa but really they both suck unbelievably bad.

Nitpicking a trivial mistake only makes you Fox haters look desperate.

Mr. OP, may I present you with exhibit A.

(on a side note, I was unaware of the lexicon change making "trivial" synonymous with "holy shit that's a crystal clear fucking pattern!")

The msm is no less guilty of agendas than fox but it's simply unbelievably pro government. The "left/right" thing is bullshit designed to keep us, as a whole, believing we can rely on the shit msm puts out. Fox legitimizes cnn and vice versa but really they both suck unbelievably bad.

I disagree. I don't mind Fox, as long as there is an MSNBC to counter their spin. YOU mind now that there is an MSNBC. I don't remember MSNBC being this way in 2000. Only lately have they given us Rachel and Ed. Before it was basically Keith Olbermann vs the rest of the news. He was the only true lefty. Hardly fair.

Watch closer. MSNBC is not bullshit like Fox. It might be left wing and you don't like liberal facts, but it isn't lies and propoganda.

You know how the right lies? United. Notice Lieberman, Rush, O'reilly, Bush, Rove, Delay all agree, on every story and every issue? Isn't that something? So the Iraq invasion was wrong to do, but they all went along. Stop polluting/global warming, they toed the right wing line. To regulate or not regulate? Stop healthcare reform, check. Tax breaks to the rich, they all agreed. Abortion rights, check. Hussain, madrasa's, nafta, birth certificates, acorn.

I guess if I didn't disagree with Fox/Conservatives on EVERYTHING they say, I might agree that its just the right version of MSNBC, but it isn't. It's all lies and propoganda.

Right or wrong, they toed the line.

And why didn't these tea baggers complain when the GOP were bankrupting the country between 2000 and 2006? They aren't genuine. They are just right wingers playing politics.

And why didn't these tea baggers complain when the GOP were bankrupting the country between 2000 and 2006? They aren't genuine. They are just right wingers playing politics.

no. the original this-era tea party people were ron paul supporters. the gop orginally hated them, but then jumped on with them when obama took over. the gop is full of hypocrites, but the original tea parties were anti-repubican, anti-democrat, anti-anything big government and still are.

Forum List

Back