Jon Stewart is a Genius

DiogenesDog

Zen Bonobo
May 1, 2006
Wady-Peytona Sector
Thursday, September 20, 2007
Jon Stewart is a Genius
Jon Stewart asks Alan Greenspan an excellent question:

"Why do we have a Fed? Why do we have someone adjusting the rates if we’re a free-market society?"

Alan's answer is not satisfying, but I don't blame him: The economics profession does not have a good answer.

Where in which we find Greg's straight as a string, 130 MPH service return to his opponents totally unprepared court position.

To which I have summarized all fluffy argumentation into . . .

Lantern Bearer said...

Because it is abundantly clear that in an up market, everybody is a genius and in a down market, somebody is at fault but, "It is not I".

So having a counter balance installed on the great engine of the "free market" is a necessary evil, which one may condemn until we all die and go to heaven with our interests intact and miraculously converted back to God's original intent, gold and schlepped around by a special race of staff angels? (He completed breathless.)

What did I miss?
6:13 PM

I AM

I still waiting for some example of the so called 'free market' that isn't 200 years old and wasn't free even then.

"All modern markets are the creation of government institutions which provide media of exchange, transparency guarantees, stable real estate and intellectual property, corporate law, courts, etc. Markets are the creatures of government: whining about "intervention" while overlooking "creation" is not seeing the forest for the trees." Mike Huben

http://world.std.com/~mhuben/libindex.html

I still waiting for some example of the so called 'free market' that isn't 200 years old and wasn't free even then.

"All modern markets are the creation of government institutions which provide media of exchange, transparency guarantees, stable real estate and intellectual property, corporate law, courts, etc. Markets are the creatures of government: whining about "intervention" while overlooking "creation" is not seeing the forest for the trees." Mike Huben

I am a sales capitalist of the actual free market school. When I can not sell my product at any price, then that product is dead and I will find a new product.

I AM

put a shot across my bow on this.

I do have to admit that Mankiw's piece is masterful in its position of being becalmed under sail.

I have gone to a great deal of trouble to present this piece for the benefit of the "privyteers" (intentional) to exert some excretion.

Is this a check and mate or am I hamartia?

I do know that

I AM

Maybe it's just for the "privyteers" as you say to "exert some excretion."

put a shot across my bow on this.

I do have to admit that Mankiw's piece is masterful in its position of being becalmed under sail.

I have gone to a great deal of trouble to present this piece for the benefit of the "privyteers" (intentional) to exert some excretion.

Is this a check and mate or am I hamartia?

I do know that

I AM

Think about it.

"I am a sales capitalist of the actual free market school. When I can not sell my product at any price, then that product is dead and I will find a new product.

I AM"

Not sure what that is supposed to mean?

I can only guess that the free marketeers have nothing to say. I further assume they are wrong and they know they're wrong but that needs a thread all of it's own, doesn't it?

“When the missionaries came to Africa they had the Bible and we had the land. They said, 'Let us pray.' We closed our eyes. When we opened them we had the Bible and they had the land.” - Desmond Tutu

America’s white Injuns got a far better deal. They got the Bible and all sorts of baubles and beads, like B grade movies and celebrities, Game Boys, and Blackberries.

Subsequently they STILL haven’t opened their eyes to the carpet-bagging going on around them. :eusa_drool: :eusa_drool:

Are you saying that we would have been better with baubles and beads?

America’s white Injuns got a far better deal. They got the Bible and all sorts of baubles and beads, like B grade movies and celebrities, Game Boys, and Blackberries.

Subsequently they STILL haven’t opened their eyes to the carpet-bagging going on around them. :eusa_drool: :eusa_drool:

Maybe the celebrities, Game Boys and Blackberries got us all confused? No question about it. The Bible has most everyone confused.

Forum List

Back