Jon Stewart Backs Ron Paul up?

Avorysuds

Gold Member
Jul 4, 2010
Eugene Oregon
So after seeing this video of Jon Stewart standing up for Ron Paul it seems the Media is having to pull their foot out of their collative mouth. When I first saw the clip I showed my GF and we both thought it was very funny and true, of course we both asked ourselves if Jon Stewart is a closet Ron Paul supporter but that is yet to been seen in our opinions.

At first I didn’t think anything of it but apparently it is true, the media is reacting to Jon Stewarts clip about Ron Paul. Normally I would assume if I heard someone talking as I am now that they are just trying to make up some sort of hype, but taking a closer looks seems to show a real “well fuck me” moment for much of the media.

Jon Stewart Clip: [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qlhFZFrR8DQ]Jon Stewart Defends Ron Paul From Ridiculous Media Coverup - YouTube[/ame]

The Media:
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yy8EL3t4MEk]"Ron Paul Is Getting A Tremendous Amount Of Coverage For Someone That's Never Going To Be President" - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QUnEXL-m3DQ]Fox News Doing a Little Damage Control on Ron Paul Blackout - YouTube[/ame]

I’m wondering other people feeling on this, could this be a moment for Ron Paul? Jon reaches millions of people so this attention and reaction might be a big lift for Ron Paul IMO.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah I noticed that "coincidentally" after Stewart's segment the media is back to mentioning Paul once again. Cafferty even did one of his segments on Ron Paul, though in all honesty I think Cafferty might be a Ron Paul supporter. I think it was yesterday when they cut to him on the Situation Room that out of nowhere he mentioned that "We should also remember that Ron Paul came in second in the Ames Straw Poll, a very close second.

It looks like Stewart support Paul more than the Republican commentators did. Fox gave him coverage, but it was focusing on how he was un-electable, instead of debating his views.

Jon Stewart: "There goes crazy uncle Ron, babbling about the unsustainability of multiple wars....:cuckoo:"

It is amazing that this is what "limited government republicans" don't like about him. They give lip service to limited government while they preach an empire.

Stewart and the other libtards pray Paul or Bachmann win the nomination. Those two guarantee Obama wins by a landslide.

Economic geniuses like Romney, Cain and Perry would mop the floor with Obama!

Paul has no shot he always does good in these things, because he has nutjob, but highly active supporters!

Stewart and the other libtards pray Paul or Bachmann win the nomination. Those two guarantee Obama wins by a landslide.

Paul has no shot he always does good in these things, because he has nutjob, but highly active supporters!

I don't care if RP lost to Obama in the GE if he makes it that far, it's the message... Neocons and Progressives need to go or we will all be paying for it.

If anything I hope RP destroys the Republican parties chances of winning in the GE if he does not win. Why would I want someone like Mitt over Obama... Really?

The best part is you can love Cain/Mitt/Rick all you like, but there is a very good chance RP fuckes them big time in the GE and I'll be loling all the way =D

Last edited:

Yeah, real economic geniuses there. :rolleyes:

The polls indicate that only Mitt Romney stacks up against Obama better than Paul, so you're wrong there.

I don't care if RP lost to Obama in the GE if he makes it that far, it's the message... Neocons and Progressives need to go or we will all be paying for it.

If anything I hope RP destroys the Republican parties chances of winning in the GE if he does not win. Why would I want someone like Mitt over Obama... Really?

The best part is you can love Cain/Mitt/Rick all you like, but there is a very good chance RP fuckes them big time in the GE and I'll be loling all the way =D

I will admit Radical Paul is getting a raw deal in the mainstream media, along with talk radio, liberal and conservative bloggers and the liberal newspapers! It's not fair or good journalism, but I personally think he is the worst of the candidates, including Obama so I am not overly upset by it. I mean Ron Paul is the ONLY candidate who could make me cast a vote for Obama. My man Herman Cain gets screwed over by the media just the same. He is an idea man and he gets much less airtime and questions in every debate!

It isn't the media's god damned job to determine if a candidate can win. It is their job to report the news and let the voters decide.

Apparently that is Fox's excuse for their shameful coverage, well he can't win. Bullshit.

The Republicans have a bunch of bat shit crazies running for president.

It certainly is entertaining.

I will admit Radical Paul is getting a raw deal in the mainstream media, along with talk radio, liberal and conservative bloggers and the liberal newspapers! It's not fair or good journalism, but I personally think he is the worst of the candidates, including Obama so I am not overly upset by it. I mean Ron Paul is the ONLY candidate who could make me cast a vote for Obama. My man Herman Cain gets screwed over by the media just the same. He is an idea man and he gets much less airtime and questions in every debate!

K... Fair enough... But you do realize that Cain is an "idea man" that usually has no idea what he is talking about on the topic until he later reads up on it yes? Then he comes to a very basic solution because he JUST learned about it...
Cain has a 2 point or 6 point plan for everything that is about as vague as it gets… Cain usually just ends up describing the problem to us and says “we need to stop 1,2,3,4,5,6” of that problem… No fucking shit! Now how does he PLAN on getting a BILL through CONGRESS.

In the end that's how I feel about HC and you're allowed to like him and vote for him... But it gets old listening to people like you rip into RP while you support someone who has literally 1/10th Ron Paul's support.

Last edited:
Stewart just likes to call out what he sees is the Obvious Elephant in the Media Room.

It doesn't mean he's a Ron Paul supporter. He just (rather ironically) has a touch more of journalism cred than MSM.

It isn't the media's god damned job to determine if a candidate can win. It is their job to report the news and let the voters decide.

Apparently that is Fox's excuse for their shameful coverage, well he can't win. Bullshit.

Seriously, that was a disgusting display of news coverage. They wouldn't even tell the public why he was gaining popularity, nevermind why they disagreed with him. They just said, "He is unelectable, so that is why we dismissed him....yaddy, yaddy, ya. We rather focus on Romney, Perry, Bachmann."

Forum List

Back