Jon Stewart and the Sheer Hypocrisy of Fox News on Teachers

Flaylo

Handsome Devil
Feb 10, 2010
In some grass near you
Jim Wallis: Jon Stewart and the Sheer Hypocrisy of Fox News on Teachers

Teachers are rich, Fox says, making upwards of $50,000 per year and, adding excessive and undeserved benefits gained by coercive and budget-busting benefits, their packages can go up to $75,000 in some cases! But then Stewart showed some other Fox clips, often from the very same talking heads during the tax cut debate. They were defending those who make over $250,000 per year, saying that they should continue to get the Bush tax cuts. "$250,000 is not rich!" said the same Fox talking heads. These people have families to feed!

One FOX commentator then pointed out the difference between bankers and teachers, by saying the latter get public taxpayer money and the bankers and CEO's make their own private money. But Stewart pointed out a little thing called the bank bailouts of billions of dollars of tax payer money to these people. Whoops. And what did the bankers do with our money? They used it to make themselves even richer during this economic crisis, while most middle-class people (including teachers) are really struggling. Then Stewart showed more clips, again, of the same FOX commentators who are now screaming about teachers, saying just a few months ago that it was even wrong to put salary caps on the CEO's of banks and corporations that we bail out with tax payer dollars. We will lose them! Their companies won't be competitive unless we keep paying those outrageous salaries! At that point, I lost it, and thought of words in my head that preachers are not supposed to say. Good thing I was at home watching Comedy Central and the kids were in bed.

Foxnews fuck themselves with their hypocrisy.

The entire debate over the teacher issue is hypocrisy. It's okay for people to fight to gain more income, just as long as it's not teachers or people who work for the government. They have an obligation to be poor. Except, of course, for people who are elected to Congress or the Presidency, or appointed to the federal bench.

Or the CEOs who took the peoples bailout money and rebonused themselves.

Teachers are rich, Fox says, making upwards of $50,000 per year and, adding excessive and undeserved benefits gained by coercive and budget-busting benefits, their packages can go up to $75,000 in some cases! But then Stewart showed some other Fox clips, often from the very same talking heads during the tax cut debate. They were defending those who make over $250,000 per year, saying that they should continue to get the Bush tax cuts. "$250,000 is not rich!" said the same Fox talking heads. These people have families to feed!

One FOX commentator then pointed out the difference between bankers and teachers, by saying the latter get public taxpayer money and the bankers and CEO's make their own private money. But Stewart pointed out a little thing called the bank bailouts of billions of dollars of tax payer money to these people. Whoops. And what did the bankers do with our money? They used it to make themselves even richer during this economic crisis, while most middle-class people (including teachers) are really struggling. Then Stewart showed more clips, again, of the same FOX commentators who are now screaming about teachers, saying just a few months ago that it was even wrong to put salary caps on the CEO's of banks and corporations that we bail out with tax payer dollars. We will lose them! Their companies won't be competitive unless we keep paying those outrageous salaries! At that point, I lost it, and thought of words in my head that preachers are not supposed to say. Good thing I was at home watching Comedy Central and the kids were in bed.

Of course convincing the willfully ignorant that Faux News is anything other than a propaganda machine is impossible. They 'think' Faux news actually reports news; 'think' NPR & PBS are purveyors of liberal propaganda.

All of which explains why some are willfully ignorant (they are dishonest) and why some are not (they're ignorant because they are stupid).

The entire debate over the teacher issue is hypocrisy. It's okay for people to fight to gain more income, just as long as it's not teachers or people who work for the government. They have an obligation to be poor. Except, of course, for people who are elected to Congress or the Presidency, or appointed to the federal bench.

Nuff' said:eusa_hand:

Hyperbole at it's best. The OP is trying to say that Fox supports the rich and yet they claim that teachers are rich.

This is incorrect. Fox pointed out the great benefits that teachers in Wisconsin have, and that these benefits are causing the state to go broke. Now if you want Wisconsin to go broke, go ahead and back the teachers. If you want unions to run America, go ahead and back the teachers.

And if you want to listen to entertainers pass out fantasy as fact, then go ahead and base your arguments off of a comedy show that acts like they're giving you the news.

Last edited:
LOL, so now they are posting things from Comedians as serious shit.

And they talk about Conservatives and Talk radio.

Just for the record, Stewart doesn't know what the hell he is talking about on this subject.
He should do a little research instead of just regurgitating what he hears from the Lamestream media and the Unions.

Why do libtards get so much of their news from the Daily Show? It's hilarious to say the least.

because comedians tell them what they want to hear.. speaking of hearing did you hear that fat assed MM say the US wasn't broke?? He's a communist through and through.. :lol:

I was just watching this. It's ridiculous and so many people out there are talking about it.

Why do libtards get so much of their news from the Daily Show? It's hilarious to say the least.

That's funny coming from someone who defends FOX - the liars of the news world. Anyway, I don't get my news from Jon Stewart. But he does make a good point. Intelligent, reasoned arguments aren't limited to "real" news anchors.

That's funny coming from someone who defends FOX - the liars of the news world. Anyway, I don't get my news from Jon Stewart. But he does make a good point. Intelligent, reasoned arguments aren't limited to "real" news anchors.

who do you get your "news" from? pray tell?

Fox News needs NO DEFENSE>. they are the NUMBER ONE NEws source in AMERICA.. la tttte da da na

Stewart has become another lame lefty leaning comedian with a show that needs to get ratings by jumping on the "attack Fox news"

a real yawner.

so now 50k is Poor? Grow the fuck up, nobody wants public Sector Union Teachers to be Poor. We simply want them not to be paid considerably more than Private sector counterparts and have amazingly good benefits private sector workers can only dream off. All paid for by the people doing the dreaming.

Dumb asses.

even small tiny weenies appear on Fox NEWS.. to lie.. and lie and lie.. laaaaa teeeee da na na.

The left wing whackaloon's reality is Jon Stewart... and Colbert.

Very telling.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

who do you get your "news" from? pray tell?

I'd bet, PMSnbc. the News station for all the truth all the time.:lol::lol:

It's just occurred to me that since Fox NEWS LIES,, all those leftwingers they bring on must be giant fat assed or tiny weeenie liars.... What a revalation

But then again, this is the same bunch that put a 46 yo man with a resume of ZERO into the white house based on the chants of "hope and change".

Forum List

Back