Jon Stewart and Bill O’Reilly Duke it out in Washington

paperview

Life is Good
Jul 27, 2009
the road less traveled
Did anyone happen to catch this?

281x211.jpg

It was billed as the 'Rumble in the Air-Conditioned Auditorium' - a 90-minute debate at the George Washington University in Washington, D.C.

It was structured presidential debate style, moderated by E.D. Hill - both behind a podium for the 1st hour (John on an electric lift he used on occasion to play with his height differential) and a half an hour seated.
The two went at it on everything from the national debt, the war on Christmas , health care reform, Middle East policy, the U.S. consulate attack in Benghazi, the candidates, and much more.

Here is the promo:
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O-WHP5FsMKQ"]The Rumble 2012 - Promo - YouTube[/ame]

And the full event:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A051B-uPopM"]The Rumble 2012: Bill O'Reilly vs Jon Stewart (Full) - YouTube[/ame]

All in all it was pretty darn good, in my opinion - and I was impressed two powerful voices from either side of the political spectrum were able to come together in this manner - without it being on either one's home turf, so to speak. A good moderator helped keep it focused (though she did give them quite a bit of reign.)

It was all for a good cause - Wounded Warrior Project, Doctors Without Borders, the USO and the NYC Coalition for the Homeless.

Kudo's to both Stewart and O'Reilly for knowing how to argue fiercely their deep-seated political convictions, with some first rate laughter thrown in - and still walk away shaking hands.

Would that we all could do so.

They really do have good chemistry together. Bill O'Reilly is actually very funny when he's with Stewart.

I have to say, as much as I disagree with him on pretty much everything, my respect for Bill-O has increased dramatically since him and Stewart have started going at it all the time.

281x211.jpg

It was billed as the 'Rumble in the Air-Conditioned Auditorium' - a 90-minute debate at the George Washington University in Washington, D.C.

It was structured presidential debate style, moderated by E.D. Hill - both behind a podium for the 1st hour (John on an electric lift he used on occasion to play with his height differential) and a half an hour seated.
The two went at it on everything from the national debt, the war on Christmas , health care reform, Middle East policy, the U.S. consulate attack in Benghazi, the candidates, and much more.

Here is the promo:
The Rumble 2012 - Promo - YouTube

And the full event:

The Rumble 2012: Bill O'Reilly vs Jon Stewart (Full) - YouTube

All in all it was pretty darn good, in my opinion - and I was impressed two powerful voices from either side of the political spectrum were able to come together in this manner - without it being on either one's home turf, so to speak. A good moderator helped keep it focused (though she did give them quite a bit of reign.)

It was all for a good cause - Wounded Warrior Project, Doctors Without Borders, the USO and the NYC Coalition for the Homeless.

Kudo's to both Stewart and O'Reilly for knowing how to argue fiercely their deep-seated political convictions, with some first rate laughter thrown in - and still walk away shaking hands.

If you missed it ,it is on youtube right now

They really do have good chemistry together. Bill O'Reilly is actually very funny when he's with Stewart.

I have to say, as much as I disagree with him on pretty much everything, my respect for Bill-O has increased dramatically since him and Stewart have started going at it all the time.
Same here.

It was always though, on one or the other's territory - that's what made this so much better.

Moderated, neutral zone.

This should be in the media section. Both of them are phony idiots.

Too bad more of us around here can't find a way to disagree without being disagreeable.

The very first thing the liberal did was to tell the conservative "he's full of shit" yeah right. he's not being disagreeable. Bullshit.

The left suddenly find O'Reily somewhat respectable ?

He's the same Bill O., he's always been. Nothing's changed. He's still arrogant and his show is still a very good one.

What is missing is Keith Olbermann's stupid rants on MSNBC that the left slobber over.

Glad to see you folks finally are figuring out what we've alwasy known.

You won't find me calling Sean Hannity or Rush Limbaugh respectable....not by a long shot.

O'Reilly had the nads to do it up there, - on neutral territory, and facing one of his detractors.

That's a hellofa lot more than the pussies Limbaugh, Hannity or most of the smashmouth talkers on the right would ever do.

The only time they risk opposition is when they control the button.

Yeah. O'Reilly gets credit for this. And credit for holding his own.

Last edited:
One nice moment of agreement between the two:

They both admired Robert Kennedy as one of the top American's to admire, though Abraham Lincoln took top place for Billo..

281x211.jpg

Here is the promo:
The Rumble 2012 - Promo - YouTube

And the full event:

The Rumble 2012: Bill O'Reilly vs Jon Stewart (Full) - YouTube

Why would you be surprised? It helps their brands; which means millions of dollars.

Forum List

Back