Jon Kyl: Ratifying START treaty "disrespects" senators because it's almost Christmas

Modbert

Daydream Believer
Sep 2, 2008
Joe Biden: 'I understand Christmas' - Jennifer Epstein - POLITICO.com

Biden noted there are 10 shopping days until Christmas. "I hope I don't get in the way of your Christmas shopping, but this is the nation's business," he said. "This is the national security that's at stake. Act."

Sen. Jon Kyl (R-Ariz.) said Tuesday that getting START through the Senate would "disrespect" senators, staffers and their families by working up until Christmas. Sen. Jim DeMint (R-S.C.) on Wednesday told POLITICO that a vote as late as Christmas Eve was "sacrilegious."

Man the fuck up you entitled privileged whiners. So worried about being home for Christmas while having ignored getting things in the past like body armor for our troops overseas who don't get to spend time with their families for months at a time, including on Christmas Eve and Day.

Though maybe if both parties stopped dicking around on a daily basis in a game of partisanship onemanship then maybe they wouldn't have to be working until Christmas Eve to pass bills that are of great importance to our national security.

i think these guys work about 100 days a year.

Roughly 135 I last checked. I wish I could work 135 days a year (27 work weeks) and make $174,000 a year to do completely nothing.

Source for $174,000: Answers.com - How much money do senators and representatives make

On top of making $174,000, there's all the nice benefits they get for basically free that millions of hardworking Americans (who work on Christmas Eve and day) go without. Fuck them for crying that they're working "too much."

Forum List

Back