Jon Huntsman, Linda McMahon

That's two R that found fault with Huntsman. Why? What is wrong with this statement.

"I will not be attending this year's convention, nor any Republican convention in the future, until the party focuses on a bigger, bolder, more confident future for the United States—a future based on problem solving, inclusiveness, and a willingness to address the trust deficit, which is every bit as corrosive as our fiscal and economic deficits,"
The deal is this, BDBoop: if Huntsman had won, would he not be attending this year's convention?

His theatrical fanfare tells me he is thinking "my way or the highway," so he took the highway outta there, because he did not do well in his bid for President. I'm sorry, but he just didn't win, and now, he's being a truly bad sport about the whole deal, smearing his own supporters in the process.

How proud do you think we would be if a President, not getting his way, decided to ignore all members of the opposition party in such thespian fashion?

I'm not supporting any drama kings from any party.

That's two R that found fault with Huntsman. Why? What is wrong with this statement.

"I will not be attending this year's convention, nor any Republican convention in the future, until the party focuses on a bigger, bolder, more confident future for the United States—a future based on problem solving, inclusiveness, and a willingness to address the trust deficit, which is every bit as corrosive as our fiscal and economic deficits,"
The deal is this, BDBoop: if Huntsman had won, would he not be attending this year's convention?

His theatrical fanfare tells me he is thinking "my way or the highway," so he took the highway outta there, because he did not do well in his bid for President. I'm sorry, but he just didn't win, and now, he's being a truly bad sport about the whole deal, smearing his own supporters in the process.

How proud do you think we would be if a President, not getting his way, decided to ignore all members of the opposition party in such thespian fashion?

I'm sorry, but you don't know that anymore than I know my perceptions to be true.

To what office are either of those losers elected?

So far, not attending the DNC:

Rep. Bill Owens, NY.
Rep. Kathy Hochul, NY.
Rep. Nick Rahall, WV.
Rep. Mark Critz, PA.
Rep. Jim Matheson, UT.
Sen. Joe Manchin, WV.
Sen. Jon Tester, MT.
Sen. Claire McCaskill, MO.
Sec o' State Hillary Clinton.

Y'all keep on whistling past the graveyard...:lol:

WOW, Hillary isnt going? Thats news to me. What was her reason?
Prolly has a dump truck load of sand scheduled for delivery in Chappaqua that week. :lol:

Nothing is wrong with that statement. Its the motive behind the statement that is suspect.

And what if it's not. What if he just means what he says and says what he means. What if he's actually an honest man? Or can that not be, since he's a politician.

Im sure he means what he says but throwing a tantrum is not the way to change things. You change things from within and you cant do that if you exclude yourself from the process.

Jon Huntsman, Linda McMahon among Republicans planning to skip GOP convention

Jon Huntsman, Linda McMahon among Republicans planning to skip GOP convention | The Ticket - Yahoo! News

I like Huntsman, of course; he was my pick.

And of course if he were the nominee he wouldn't be your pick.

Would it matter? Wouldn't you RATHER have somebody like Huntsman in the race right now, than Mittens?

The fact is, Obama could lose. I'd be much happier seeing him lose to someone like Huntsman than Romney.
The postman always rings twice, BDBoop. If Huntsman did that to his own Party, what do you think he'd do to America on the international level if people didn't just kiss his royal behiney?

I don't even want to go there.

I'm sorry, but you don't know that anymore than I know my perceptions to be true.
Yes I do.

My father was a coach. I learned the difference between a good sport and a bad one from the cradle.

Huntsman has no sense of sportsmanship whatever and is wearing his loss on his shirtsleeve!

That is not a presidential trait I would care to see worn in the White House.

Obama's campaign jump-started with "Wah, Bush left me a bad deal" bs, which is a likely good enough reason for other voters who realize that after 4 years, Obama just couldn't deal with that "bad deal" he alleges against someone else.

Bush and the GOP created the most disastrous economy this nation has ever seen from their hard right policies. The american people had it with the GOP trash and served their hinds ends up on a silver platter in 06' taking back both houses just like they did in 08'. Face it, there was no way in hell any GOP candidate was going to win in 08'

Presidents who can't clean up a problem in 2 years, well, they can't clean it up in 8 years, either.

After the nightmare W and the GOP caused, it will take at least a decade to clean up. Using the excuse "Yeah we trashed it, but it's your fault for not fixing it right away!" is childish and the american people see this.

That's just an unspoken fact of the blame game. The American voters are more sophisticated than falling for that "Wah, mommie, it's all his fault" line.

You're right, the american people are smart enough and the polls still confirm that they stand behind the fact that W and the GOP led the nation into disaster, and that Obama isn't the one to blame for it like the right wing machine keeps trying to propagandize it to be.

It's not Republicans you should worry about, Black Label. You should worry about people in your party who aren't going to take the blame-game hype anymore.

Don't you worry. Sure the democrats are not pleased with Obama, but most of it is because he has chosen far too much to try and reach out the olive branch to the GOP thugs and bring unity, which they have thrown back in his face.
Obama has learned his lesson on the GOP trash, and will have his base voting for him, as well as most independents to send him over the top.

The GOP are sinking their own ship with their "extreme right or nothing" views that while it rallies their redneck base, sends everyone else running to Obama.

Last edited:

Jon Huntsman, Linda McMahon among Republicans planning to skip GOP convention | The Ticket - Yahoo! News

If that was the kind of candidate Republicans would nominate this would be a very different world.

He isn't as far left as Romney, and would have made a better contrast with Obama because he is more conservative. My guess is you were thinking exactly the opposite.

Would it matter? Wouldn't you RATHER have somebody like Huntsman in the race right now, than Mittens?

The fact is, Obama could lose. I'd be much happier seeing him lose to someone like Huntsman than Romney.

My pick of the major party candidates is still in the race, he is probably to far left for you though.

Forum List

Back