Joint Defense Agreement

Penelope

Diamond Member
Jul 15, 2014
Beyond possible illegality, the defense agreement is ethically dubious and likely invalid, according to Mimi Rocah, a former federal prosecutor for the Southern District of New York who put scores of Cosa Nostra mobsters behind bars in the early 2000s.

“I saw this conduct in Mafia cases,” Rocah tweeted. “At a minimum, it’s unethical and not normal.”

Joint defense agreements can only exist between people who have common legal interests and are subjects of the same criminal investigation — like drug cartels and mob families.

Therefore, experts said the agreement between Trump and Manafort ceased to be valid once Manafort agreed to cooperate with the special counsel’s office, as his legal interest were by then no longer aligned with Trump, who is a subject of Mueller’s investigation. The attorney-client privilege protections that were ensured by the agreement would thereby also have been annulled and Mueller could now try to demand testimony about the discussions.

“By reporting to Trump what Mueller was asking about, Manafort was hurting Mueller, not helping him, even though he agreed to assist Mueller under the agreement,” Mariotti said. “By any standard, what Manafort and his attorney did was deceptive and highly improper.”

President Trump's joint defense agreement with Paul Manafort could amount to obstruction, experts say - NY Daily News
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Trump needs to be impeached and Manafort and Trumps attorneys disbarred. Also Corsi's attorney, both Manafort and Corsi went undercover in Mueller's domain and reported back to Trump. Talk about obstruction of justice.
One does not need to be an attorney to see this set up as underhanded and illegal.

Trump needs to be impeached and indicted. Also he is stating he has not made a decision whether to pardon Manafort or not is telling him a pardon is coming if he sticks to his lies.

Beyond possible illegality, the defense agreement is ethically dubious and likely invalid, according to Mimi Rocah, a former federal prosecutor for the Southern District of New York who put scores of Cosa Nostra mobsters behind bars in the early 2000s.

“I saw this conduct in Mafia cases,” Rocah tweeted. “At a minimum, it’s unethical and not normal.”

Joint defense agreements can only exist between people who have common legal interests and are subjects of the same criminal investigation — like drug cartels and mob families.

Therefore, experts said the agreement between Trump and Manafort ceased to be valid once Manafort agreed to cooperate with the special counsel’s office, as his legal interest were by then no longer aligned with Trump, who is a subject of Mueller’s investigation. The attorney-client privilege protections that were ensured by the agreement would thereby also have been annulled and Mueller could now try to demand testimony about the discussions.

“By reporting to Trump what Mueller was asking about, Manafort was hurting Mueller, not helping him, even though he agreed to assist Mueller under the agreement,” Mariotti said. “By any standard, what Manafort and his attorney did was deceptive and highly improper.”

President Trump's joint defense agreement with Paul Manafort could amount to obstruction, experts say - NY Daily News
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Trump needs to be impeached and Manafort and Trumps attorneys disbarred. Also Corsi's attorney, both Manafort and Corsi went undercover in Mueller's domain and reported back to Trump. Talk about obstruction of justice.
One does not need to be an attorney to see this set up as underhanded and illegal.

Trump needs to be impeached and indicted. Also he is stating he has not made a decision whether to pardon Manafort or not is telling him a pardon is coming if he sticks to his lies.

They are hitting them hard, Mueller is in trouble here...

This is not a walk in the park ..

Yes Mueller is in trouble with all the liars, I never wanted to impeach Trump, just let him leave Washington with his head hung low, but now I do want him impeached. He is worst than Nixon and is a threat to the US, since he has deep respect for Manafort and calls him a good man, so a good man is one who money launders and conspires to lie and cheat. Two peas in a pod are they and most of the rest of his admin.

Yes Mueller is in trouble with all the liars, I never wanted to impeach Trump, just let him leave Washington with his head hung low, but now I do want him impeached. He is worst than Nixon and is a threat to the US, since he has deep respect for Manafort and calls him a good man, so a good man is one who money launders and conspires to lie and cheat. Two peas in a pod are they and most of the rest of his admin.

It's been like this for a few years and it's getting worse and worse, after that meme I seen Trump tweeted..

Mueller and the democrats can't win..

Because there is so much dirt on both sides.

Mueller is smarter than Giuliani and Manafort's attorney, just two more he needs to put under oath.

It’s hilarious that so many still worship the idol of big government; even when this idol goes to such great lengths to intimidate people from defending themselves from it...

It’s hilarious that so many still worship the idol of big government; even when this idol goes to such great lengths to intimidate people from defending themselves from it...

You mean chronic liars and cheats??

While I agree with your analysis of Trump and Manafort, what bothers me is that you don't see Hillary, Obama, Bush, or any folks that run the establishment in the same way. Hell, the entire 2008 meltdown would not have occurred if it hadn't been for the fact that they are all crooks and thieves. Liars too. Including the corporate media.

I don't give a shit about any of them, why do you insist on believing one side is better than the other?

I love how Trump and Manafort are exposing their hypocrisy to those intelligent enough to get it. The elites just never expected the rank and file voter wouldn't be able to use the internet, and then on top of that, just would not care about Trump's bullshit.

It takes a criminal to bring down other criminals. It GD anarchy is what it is. :21:

A friend of mine that is as progressive as you, posted this video to their feed, he is a big comic book fan;

I told him that it was actually the Alt-Right that made that video, and that I thought he was actually starting to understand why the nation voted for Trump.

He told me this;

"And what neither you or the creator of the vid get is the dark night joker was the real hero of the story. It almost makes this all the more sad or poignant. It really does work for the clip though."

I told him, no, I totally get it. I think the creator did too. I just don't think he understands how corrupt the nation and the world have become. It's hard to see the propaganda as just that. Or believe these folks are as corrupt as they are.

But the thing is, the creator DOES UNDERSTAND, and although I didn't vote for Trump, I do understand. He is corrupt, he is a piece of shit, but he doesn't hide the fact. All the politicians, the "normal" ones, the legacy bullshit media pushed on you, the ones that decade after decade screw us? Most normal folks know that they use the law to continue their corruption.

I know it is REALLY hard to do honest research into this Mueller fella, he is a piece of work, a real evil bastard that has been destroying our representative democracy from the inside for decades. All the search engines these days make it that way, but you have to really try.

He's are modern day equivalent to J. Edgar Hoover. All these folks telling you, "there is no Deep State?" They don't know their head from a hole in the ground. This is just a taste of the evil truth. If you don't read it, then don't EVER comment on this USMB again about the "justice" what you believe is going on. YOU DON'T KNOW. Today it is Trump, but there will be no hope for justice if a criminal can't out do these criminals. If you honestly think the children and spouses of elites have earned their way into positions of leadership, we are no better than the aristocracies of old.

The only thing that is going on is that you are being lied to every time you turn on the TV or read the corporate news.

Exposed: The Naked Truth About Robert Mueller
By Louis Buller Gohmert Jr.

What did Hillary and Obama do again. Enlighten me on their crimes. I am not going to read anything by Gohmet.

What did Hillary and Obama do again. Enlighten me on their crimes. I am not going to read anything by Gohmet.
If you want an echo chamber, stay on FB or go to the Democratic Underground.

Better than the likes of Dorn & Ayers, IMO. While certainly not ideal, at least we're past bombers and murderers now.

I don't care what the machine says, classified information on your home computer is a crime for the other 99.9% of employees of DoD. I used to manage a group of 30 employees, a 50/50 mixed bag of DoD civil service and DoD contractors. (4) of them had TS clearances and many others were 'read' into a specific T&E program. Again, I can ensure you I have seen the consequences of others who have done what Hillary did. And the results for them were not pleasant

So please save the uneducated opinions of what constitutes a crime irregardless (I know, that's not a word) what the machine concludes is not a crime when it comes to the elite

-Geaux

I mean anyone they target...

Forum List

Back