Joint Chiefs Chairman Calls out special ops veterans in anti-Obama video

Obama dishonors the uniform and he hasn't even served. When one claims credit for the work of our military, and when one puts political point scoring above national security by leaking details that should remain secret, then one leaves oneself open to criticism by those whose lives you have put at risk. These SpecOps Vets speak because those who are still serving cannot. Good for them.

They do not speak for anyone but themselves.

I know a lot of active duty that they are speaking for. :eusa_whistle:

You know some active duty who happen to agree with them. You do not know ALL active duty agree with them.

Speaking as a retired military person myself, I think the whole thing is stupid. I know damn well that if this happened on Bush's watch, he and the GOP partisans behind this ad would be strutting like cocks of the walk. Not one of these people would be telling Bush he didn't kill OBL.

It is one thing to hate Obama, as I do. It is quite another to be so deranged as to not give credit where credit is due.

This ad is just being assholes for the sake of being assholes. It's cheap.

Uh, he shouldn't say squat about Vets doing this or that, it is none of his concern and authority.

In fact, he has tainted his office playing politics speaking out FOR Obamination and should be relieved of command. His job is to stay out of politics, not defend Obamination from critics upholding their right to Freedom of Speech.

He has a right to freedom of speech also and he is saying what they are doing is eroding the trust between the military and the American people. Those retired or in uniform, should not use the uniform to erode that trust.

So in your book its okay for the vets in this video to speak out and not for the general who is trying to be neutral by not commenting on the validity of their charges. Gotcha'.

BTW, your and others' responses here about the general are exactly what he's talking about. Now you don't like him or trust him as a military leader--exactly what he was getting at. Pitting the citizens against factions in the military is not a good idea!
You would muzzle all people that have worn a uniform in service to this country?

What a foolish thing to do!

He is violating his position picking sides. He should just remain quiet.

He has no authority telling Vet Joe Schmoe that they can't oppose Obamination or support Obamination.

If I went out in uniform to counter anti-military nuts like you protesting outside the base during OIF, I'd be big trouble. Being a 4-star doesn't mean he can do it from behind a TV camera, in fact he is worse doing it from his position.

Uh, he shouldn't say squat about Vets doing this or that, it is none of his concern and authority.

In fact, he has tainted his office playing politics speaking out FOR Obamination and should be relieved of command. His job is to stay out of politics, not defend Obamination from critics upholding their right to Freedom of Speech.

He has a right to freedom of speech also and he is saying what they are doing is eroding the trust between the military and the American people. Those retired or in uniform, should not use the uniform to erode that trust.

So in your book its okay for the vets in this video to speak out and not for the general who is trying to be neutral by not commenting on the validity of their charges. Gotcha'.

BTW, your and others' responses here about the general are exactly what he's talking about. Now you don't like him or trust him as a military leader--exactly what he was getting at. Pitting the citizens against factions in the military is not a good idea!

This thread is a good example of how lies and distortions start. The general didn't tell anyone they can't oppose Obama. He said it wasn't a good idea and he wasn't in favor of it.

You know some active duty who happen to agree with them. You do not know ALL active duty agree with them.

Speaking as a retired military person myself, I think the whole thing is stupid. I know damn well that if this happened on Bush's watch, he and the GOP partisans behind this ad would be strutting like cocks of the walk. Not one of these people would be telling Bush he didn't kill OBL.

It is one thing to hate Obama, as I do. It is quite another to be so deranged as to not give credit where credit is due.

I never said they spoke for ALL vets. I said I know a lot that they do speak for.

Don't try to twist my words. :eusa_hand:

If some Wing Commander (a Colonel) went to the main gate to tell Vets to quit protesting Obamination, he would be gone the next day.

Oh, but being the POTUS' 4-star lap dog makes it all ok to liberals if he does it on TV addressing every American with TV access.

Insane...

Bush would never have taken credit away from the brave men that actually did the killing, doofus!

Obama would have shit his pants had he actually been in the fire fight.

You Obama worshipers take the fuckin' cake when it comes false praise for your boy!

Joint Chiefs Chairman Gen. Martin Dempsey called out a group of special operations veterans for wading into politics with a video claiming President Barack Obama has taken too much credit for the killing of Osama bin Laden. “If someone uses the uniform, whatever uniform it is, for partisan politics, I’m disappointed by that, because I think it does erode that bond of trust that we have with the American people,”

:clap2::clap2:

LINK

Comical.....Once again when the situation gets turned back at the source......

Double standards are deployed................

It is none of his business what civilians outside the military say about Obamination, period.

He tarnishes his position and the uniform believing he can comment on what is good or bad in regards to politics.

Imagine if he said "that TV commercial blaming Romney for a woman's cancer was wrong." I doubt you'd be here kissing his ass.....

He is violating his position picking sides. He should just remain quiet.

He has no authority telling Vet Joe Schmoe that they can't oppose Obamination or support Obamination.

If I went out in uniform to counter anti-military nuts like you protesting outside the base during OIF, I'd be big trouble. Being a 4-star doesn't mean he can do it from behind a TV camera, in fact he is worse doing it from his position.

This thread is a good example of how lies and distortions start. The general didn't tell anyone they can't oppose Obama. He said it wasn't a good idea and he wasn't in favor of it.

Last edited:

lol, BS and tough shit... a lot of the Amercian people agree with the vets..
so here's for his whining..waaa:eusa_boohoo:

It is none of his business what civilians outside the military say about Obamination, period.

He tarnishes his position and the uniform believing he can comment on what is good or bad in regards to politics.

Imagine if he said "that TV commercial blaming Romney for a woman's cancer was wrong." I doubt you'd be here kissing his ass.....

This is correct, the sitting General has no place to critisize vets for practicing free speech.

My guess is that the Hussein had him say this. The libs would love to suppress the vote of veterans.

Bush would never have taken credit away from the brave men that actually did the killing, doofus!

You Obama worshipers take the fuckin' cake when it comes false praise for your boy!

I see the point and the fact I detest Obama sailed right past your blinded eyes.

See my next post.

You would muzzle all people that have worn a uniform in service to this country?

What a foolish thing to do!

No, I wouldn't -- free speech and all, but like the general I would discourage it and speak out against it. It's one thing to speak out but another to do a biased/partisan political ad and use the uniform as your credentials. That said, they have a right to do it albiet a very partisan right.

And Obama has repeatedly given credit to the SEALS and others:

The dress rehearsal

The plan to raid the compound in Abbottabad developed rapidly and by April 21, 2011, Admiral Mullen attended a dress rehearsal in the Nevada desert.

“When I actually went to the rehearsal and watched it at night at a place where they built a compound just like Abbottabad and watched it in execution, that just gave me great confidence that they could execute this,” Mullen said.

He met every member of the SEAL Team Six that would ultimately carry out the mission.

“I got to look each of them in the eye. They showed me in their execution of rehearsal and also in that steely-eyed glare that they give you that they were ready to go,” Mullen said.

Some of the men weren’t yet aware who they were preparing to attack, but Mullen’s presence signaled that they were going after a high-value target.

“They knew certainly how critical this was. They knew who they were and who they were working with,” he said. “They may not even have known it was bin Laden at that point, but I'm sure they suspected it.”

I never said they spoke for ALL vets. I said I know a lot that they do speak for.

Don't try to twist my words. :eusa_hand:

You replied to a post I addressed to someone who was implying they speak for "those who are still serving".

They do not speak for those who are still serving.

To illustrate, I will remind all of you that during the protests against the Iraq war, some protestors would march carrying a bunch of black coffins, each one representing one of our war dead.

Did they speak "for those who are still serving"? Did they speak for our war dead?

Hell no, they did not.

So if some bozo came along and said they knew a lot of active duty or war dead those protestors were speaking for, you would be quick to point out that does not validate the protestors, I'm sure.

If you surveyed the families of the war dead, I am sure you would find many who were angry to see their dead sons and husbands and fathers deaths used symbolically in an anti-war protest.

Just so with the ex-military people behind this ad. They speak only for themselves. That there happens to be other people who agree with them does not change that fact.

Joint Chiefs Chairman Gen. Martin Dempsey called out a group of special operations veterans for wading into politics with a video claiming President Barack Obama has taken too much credit for the killing of Osama bin Laden. “If someone uses the uniform, whatever uniform it is, for partisan politics, I’m disappointed by that, because I think it does erode that bond of trust that we have with the American people,”

LINK

LMAO Of course he called em out.

Demsey is still serving and Barry is his CIC.

Wonder what he'll say when he's retired??

The only time the CJCS should give his opinion:

Discussing military strategy with the media/public and political/military leaders.
Discussing military budget issues with media/public and political/military leaders.
Discussing foreign/military affairs with the media/public and political/military leaders.

You are so far off track that you are lost. The only things eroding the trust between the military and their Commander in Chief, are the actions of the Commander in Chief.

Leaking classified data, for the purposes of political advantage, that puts military lives in danger is a definite trust erosion factor.

BTW, What was your opinion of John Kerry's "Winter Warrier" testimony to the congress? Did you believe that eroded trust between the military and citizens? Did you vote for John Kerry?

Obama dishonors the uniform and he hasn't even served. When one claims credit for the work of our military, and when one puts political point scoring above national security by leaking details that should remain secret, then one leaves oneself open to criticism by those whose lives you have put at risk. These SpecOps Vets speak because those who are still serving cannot. Good for them.

really?

how about this insult to the uniform?

Bush_codpiece_debbc.jpg

hypocrite much?

A flight suit is disgraceful? And hypocritical of the Commander in Chief?

Remind us how many times Bush used military operations for political gain? The hypocrite here is you and Obama. His White House leaked details of classified information putting friends of our Government that spy for us in jeopardy, all so he could get reelected. And you are fine with that? Remind us How BUSH was responsible for every detail and thing that happened while he was President BUT Obama has no control over his own staff.

LINK

Funny how America couldn't get the job done when Bush was in charge, or not so funny depending on how you look at it.

That would be like landing on a carrier in uniform and standing in front of a banner that said “Mission Accomplished” while there were still thousands yet to die, no wait Bush did that, what the hell are you talking about?

Last edited:

LINK

Funny how America couldn't get the job done when Bush was in charge, or not so funny depending on how you look at it.

Funny that you fail to recognize that the same people who couldn't get the job done while Bush was in charge, did get the job done later. First, you have to locate the asshole before you can do him in. It took years to locate him, and when they did locate him, they did him in. Why do you want to give Obama the credit for all those years of hard work?

Forum List

Back