Joining the distingished company here ...

... is someone who is a bit of a political odd-ball. On the far far Left in my foolish youth, now further Right in my foolish old age, and distrustful of any all-explaining all-embracing Ideology.

Likes: science, reason, the Enlightenment, intelligence, progress (economic growth, advances in technology and science).
Dislikes: political correctness, murderous nationalism/tribalism, demagogy, stupidity.

Political method: Popperian. Show me the evidence. If you believe something, maybe I can be convinced to agree with you, but first tell me ... what evidence would make you change your beliefs? If there could be none, then you have a religious belief, not a rational one. I never argue religion, but I'm open to persuasion about other things. I can't possibly be 100% correct in everything I believe.

Current interests: preparing young people for the Mathematics Challenge (leading on the Mathematical Olympiads), Cuba (learning about it), trying to housetrain a puppy.
welcometoasylum1_zpschgicyo0.jpg

... is someone who is a bit of a political odd-ball. On the far far Left in my foolish youth, now further Right in my foolish old age, and distrustful of any all-explaining all-embracing Ideology.

Likes: science, reason, the Enlightenment, intelligence, progress (economic growth, advances in technology and science).
Dislikes: political correctness, murderous nationalism/tribalism, demagogy, stupidity.

Political method: Popperian. Show me the evidence. If you believe something, maybe I can be convinced to agree with you, but first tell me ... what evidence would make you change your beliefs? If there could be none, then you have a religious belief, not a rational one. I never argue religion, but I'm open to persuasion about other things. I can't possibly be 100% correct in everything I believe.

Current interests: preparing young people for the Mathematics Challenge (leading on the Mathematical Olympiads), Cuba (learning about it), trying to housetrain a puppy.
Welcome!

Oh, oh, you don't sound like the typical right-winger, since you like science.......but we'll have to wait and see......but, WELCOME.....we need civil debaters, hope you're one of them.

Hey everyone! My name is SLAX. I'm under 50. I have been both a Republican and a Democrat in my lifetime.

I'm glad to be here.

Saddened by the death of David Bowie. Bummer.

Hey everyone! My name is SLAX. I'm under 50. I have been both a Republican and a Democrat in my lifetime.

I'm glad to be here.

mirrors.jpg

(Keep the lifesaver handy, you may need it)

I'm glad to be here.

Hello SLAX, I'm under a roof.........

Welcome...... :D

I'm glad to be here.

Welcome to you too.....
welcome-BLUE.jpg

Forum List

Back