CDZ Joining a political party

Everyone who is very left wing seems to commonly only see themselves as being only slightly left.

That’s because you right wingers are binary thinkers.

And that means you’re either 1000% right wing conservative or you’re a communist.

There is no middle ground.

The doctrines of conservatives are based on individualism, free markets, and limited constitutional government.

This is the basis on which America was founded.

Back over here in Reality, this country was founded on the basis of Liberalism. The Conservatives of their time wanted to be loyal subjects of King George. But none of this is the topic.

Oh and when that happened, we had no political parties at all. So there's that.

I have never joined a political party.

Although I would class myself as slightly left of centre my beliefs veer from very left wing to centrist to dont give a shit. On certain technical issues I have some sympathy with the right. But not many.

I have yet to find a party that would encompass all of those views.

I do have a decent choice of parties to vote for but rarely vote for the same party twice.

Nobody could possibly agree with everything that a party stands for so why would you sign up to that ?

That's been my biggest problem with Democrats in the last several years. They are no longer a counterbalance to Republicans. They now live in Bizzaro World, where no matter how outrageous a position someone introduces the majority on the left nod in bovine agreement, and no matter how reasonable a position conservatives take , very few if any liberals are like "hey , let's work with the right here"

Take the matter of border security, as a perfect example. Five years ago the very same people who now believe "walls are immoral" voted FOR The damn fence and there are videos galore of folks saying "I support a physical barrier on the border" everywhere, but very damn few of them will just come out and say "on THIS issue I disagree with my party" on this , or any other issue.

Obviously Republicans can do this at times too, but not to nearly the extent.

Everyone who is very left wing seems to commonly only see themselves as being only slightly left.

That’s because you right wingers are binary thinkers.

And that means you’re either 1000% right wing conservative or you’re a communist.

There is no middle ground.

The doctrines of conservatives are based on individualism, free markets, and limited constitutional government.

This is the basis on which America was founded.

Back over here in Reality, this country was founded on the basis of Liberalism. The Conservatives of their time wanted to be loyal subjects of King George. But none of this is the topic.

Oh and when that happened, we had no political parties at all. So there's that.

Liberalism of the 18th century bore no relation to liberalism today.

Forum List

Back