Johnson Beheading Now On Video

freeandfun1 said:
you still don't make sense. if showing those videos would hurt them financially, why don't the videos of dead Iraqis? Again, your argument holds no water as far as I am concerned. The government doesn't show the videos as that is not their job. If the government were to show them, even I would scream foul as it would be a blatant act of propaganda as far as I am concerned. You are hiding under the umbrella of capitalism in saying that the showing of the videos would hurt the NEWS broadcasters financially. Anyway, I thought CNN cared about showing the truth and not just money. What happened to your favorite liberal news network?

It is a blatant example of MEDIA censorship.

you confuse me with one of the 'anybody but bush' liberals.

The videos of the dead iraqis, while they do raise the ire of a select few, would never raise the furor from the average american public like the pearl or berg beheadings would. You are trying to apply a logical basis to two events, while basically the same, are not envisioned that way by the least logical audience....that of the american public. I'm explaining basic human culture and thought processes of middle america, If that doesn't hold water for you, thats not my issue. You can either trust my word on that or be wrong about it. Its not a negative reflection on you, it just shows that you're applying the wrong argument to the wrong audience.

DKSuddeth said:

The videos of the dead iraqis, while they do raise the ire of a select few, would never raise the furor from the average american public like the pearl or berg beheadings would. You are trying to apply a logical basis to two events, while basically the same, are not envisioned that way by the least logical audience....that of the american public. I'm explaining basic human culture and thought processes of middle america, If that doesn't hold water for you, thats not my issue. You can either trust my word on that or be wrong about it. Its not a negative reflection on you, it just shows that you're applying the wrong argument to the wrong audience.

actually, it shows that you are making the wrong argument. your false assumption is just that - false and therefore, you resort to the typical - "well, I am right and you are wrong" argument.

Let's just agree to disagree as it is plainly evident to me why the media won't show the videos.

Would you support the broadcast of the execution of a death row inmate? To support your argument you will likely (this time) say no. But I bet that if this were a thread on the rights and wrongs of the death penalty, you would probably argue that they should be broadcast to show Americans how cruel it is. See, some people only want to show images that breed distrust and ire towards OUR government but not towards others.

freeandfun1 said:
actually, it shows that you are making the wrong argument. your false assumption is just that - false and therefore, you resort to the typical - "well, I am right and you are wrong" argument.

Let's just agree to disagree as it is plainly evident to me why the media won't show the videos.

Would you support the broadcast of the execution of a death row inmate? To support your argument you will likely (this time) say no. But I bet that if this were a thread on the rights and wrongs of the death penalty, you would probably argue that they should be broadcast to show Americans how cruel it is. See, some people only want to show images that breed distrust and ire towards OUR government but not towards others.

again, you confuse me with the far left liberals. I'm an advocate of capital punishment. I also think broadcasting an execution may indeed deter some criminals.

I will agree to disagree with you, but I believe that part of our disagreement stems from the misunderstanding that you think I'm trying to defend the media when in fact, i'm really not.

DKSuddeth said:

:clap: :clap: :clap:

And for what you say later about the capital punishment! You are one of my fav. Liberals!

Kathianne said:
:clap: :clap: :clap:

And for what you say later about the capital punishment! You are one of my fav. Liberals!

you wouldn't feel that way about me, had you been one of my teachers. :laugh:

I was more than a handful for them. :thanks: :slap: :thanks:

DKSuddeth said:
you wouldn't feel that way about me, had you been one of my teachers. :laugh:

I was more than a handful for them. :thanks: :slap: :thanks:

WAS? :funnyface

Forum List

Back