Johnny Manziel Is The Best Player Period

mudwhistle

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Jul 21, 2009
Headmaster's Office, Hogwarts
johnny-manziel-111012-jpeg.jpg

Texas A&M is set to challenge for the National Championship next year because of one player. Heisman Trophy winner Johnny Manziel.

Imagine a kid that throws like Montana but can run circles around RG3. That's Johnny Manziel.

I expect he will be the first player to win the Heisman more than once since Archie Griffin. He is the best QB prospect since Andrew Luck. Teams will try to lose games just to be able to select him number 1 in the NFL draft. He is the most talked about athlete in the country today and he is just a freshman.

He beat Alabama easily this year and I'd be willing to bet nobody wants to play his team next year. Even Notre Dame. I saw the Oregon Ducks play and they look weak compared to the way A&M looked last week under Johnny Football. What is even more amazing is Football is his 3rd best sport.

Texas A&M is set to challenge for the National Championship next year because of one player. Heisman Trophy winner Johnny Manziel.

Imagine a kid that throws like Montana but can run circles around RG3. That's Johnny Manziel.

I expect he will be the first player to win the Heisman more than once since Archie Griffin. He is the best QB prospect since Andrew Luck. Teams will try to lose games just to be able to select him number 1 in the NFL draft. He is the most talked about athlete in the country today and he is just a freshman.

He beat Alabama easily this year and I'd be willing to bet nobody wants to play his team next year. Even Notre Dame. I saw the Oregon Ducks play and they look weak compared to the way A&M looked last week under Johnny Football. What is even more amazing is Football is his 3rd best sport.

As a Baylor fan for many many years it is hard for me to admit he is the best I have ever seen. The game against Oklahoma was the 1st time I saw him play this year and I must admit I was not expecting that much from him. With what I saw I do not think it was a one game fluke. What I was most impressed with was his ability to keep from getting a hard hit which is something that always bothered me about RGIII even when he played college ball.

I've seen RG3 play in college and he didn't look as impactful as JM or Andrew Luck.

The scary part is JM has 3 more years to learn. Barring injury, which is a good possibility because of his elusiveness and the fact that nobody comes close to putting a solid lick on him I figure he will have very productive NFL career. It depends on his ability to read defenses and how good the organization is he lands with. If he is lucky enough to be drafted by a team that plays on turf like the Cowboys watch out.

I've seen RG3 play in college and he didn't look as impactful as JM or Andrew Luck.

The scary part is JM has 3 more years to learn. Barring injury, which is a good possibility because of his elusiveness and the fact that nobody comes close to putting a solid lick on him I figure he will have very productive NFL career. It depends on his ability to read defenses and how good the organization is he lands with. If he is lucky enough to be drafted by a team that plays on turf like the Cowboys watch out.

Barring injury.....

If he continues to run in for 4 TD's every game, then this would seem to be an inevitable probability.

JM has said that he would examine his options at the end of 2013. He said he is open to the prospect of going pro before his senior year. 2013 could be his last year at A&M.

Barring injury.....

If he continues to run in for 4 TD's every game, then this would seem to be an inevitable probability.

He doesn't run an option based offense. He runs a pro style offense and runs when needed. It's just that when he does run you realize just how special he is.

Barring injury.....

He doesn't run an option based offense. He runs a pro style offense and runs when needed. It's just that when he does run you realize just how special he is.

Yes.

And how does this effect the probability of being injured vs not running as often?

Frankly I hope you're right and he survives college ball unscathed.

What is even MORE amazing is that he is a WHITE guy. :D

I don't think there is, or can be, a 'best player', period. Every position demands quite different skills and abilities.

But Johnny Football in for a few games as, oh, and inside lineback, and let's see how he does.

Barring injury.....

Yes.

And how does this effect the probability of being injured vs not running as often?

He runs bootleg plays but every time he takes off he's running for the sidelines, not just to go up field. This frustrates defenders because they almost never get close to him. He ran for 229 yds in the Cotton Bowl and most of the runs were out of bounds. They very rarely tackled him. He's the fastest player on the field, he has huge hands and wears a size 15 shoe. He's still growing. He's more solidly built than RG3 but about as fast.

Barring injury.....

Yes.

As I said the boy seems to have a great ability to not take a hard hit. Fran Tarkinton (excuse spelling if I missed it) seemed to have that ability and he lasted many years with Minnestoa Vikings.

Yes.

He runs bootleg plays but every time he takes off he's running for the sidelines, not just to go up field. This frustrates defenders because they almost never get close to him. He ran for 229 yds in the Cotton Bowl and most of the runs were out of bounds. They very rarely tackled him. He's the fastest player on the field, he has huge hands and wears a size 15 shoe. He's still growing. He's more solidly built than RG3 but about as fast.

He is not as fast as RG III but I do admit he is probably better at the college level; especially as a freshman.

I don't think there is, or can be, a 'best player', period. Every position demands quite different skills and abilities.

But Johnny Football in for a few games as, oh, and inside lineback, and let's see how he does.

The best player on the field isn't usually the QB in college. Maybe in high school, but not college.

Johnny Football literally carries the team on his back. Not many players can do that. And you could tell that the Oklahoma players were totally outclassed. They weren't playing hard in the second half because they felt is was futile.

The best player on the field isn't usually the QB in college. Maybe in high school, but not college.

Johnny Football literally carries the team on his back. Not many players can do that. And you could tell that the Oklahoma players were totally outclassed. They weren't playing hard in the second half because they felt is was futile.

No, I don't think so. I've watched them every game this season (married to an Aggie), and I don't think you're giving enough credit to the other talented players on the team, esp his OL without which he'd be nowhere.

I'd really like to see them play the Ducks, and see how the Aggies respond to an entirely faster team.

Forum List

Back