Johnny Galecki hopes to inspire conversations about faith with 'Living Biblically'

shockedcanadian

Diamond Member
Aug 6, 2012
Uh oh, a show about the bible. Will the left now support the NRA and arm themselves in fear of the spread of religion!?

'Big Bang Theory' star Johnny Galecki hopes to inspire conversations about faith with 'Living Biblically'

PASADENA, Calif. – “Big Bang Theory” star Johnny Galecki is taking a leap of faith with his new show “Living Biblically.”

The actor, who plays physicist Leonard Hofstadter on the CBS hit comedy series “The Big Bang Theory,” has taken his talents behind the camera for his new series, serving as the executive producer for the show about a man named Chip Curry (Jay R. Ferguson) who decides to change his life and live strictly by the Bible.

Galecki, 42, said it was crucial to do a show that follows someone of faith, a demographic he said is underrepresented on TV.

“When I started my production company, it was No. 1 at the top of the list to try to do a comedy about religion,” he told journalists at the panel at the Television Critics Association’s Winter Press Tour. “I recognized that these conversations [about religion] weren’t being had despite the fact that … 80 percent of people in the world subscribe their lives to some sort of spiritual belief.”

As a result, he set out to create a show that could “inspire a conversation around the watercooler” about the Bible.

It's going to be mocking and filled with ridicule.

Who knows? I am guessing it will be him living strictly, and there being an antagonist who will ask "why this, or that?" People will laugh at the fact he is strict, but they will also understand why, and respect his decisions.

If it's designed to just mock Christianity, it doesn't need to exist, that's done constantly in media.

Forum List

Back