Johnny Depp pisses off the Christians!

ABikerSailor

Diamond Member
Aug 26, 2008
Newberry, SC
Johnny Depp has apparently started to ruffle the feathers of the Christians. Good for him!

A controversial song by the British indie band Babybird and Pirates of the Caribbean star Johnny Depp is triggering outrage with Christian groups.

The song, entitled “Jesus Stag Night Club,” features Depp contributing vocals to a tune about teens who hire a Jesus look-alike to organize a bachelor party. The song portrays Jesus as a booze-chugging man who also steals cars.

Some of the lyrics include, "I can't remember where I was last night/Think I was hanging naked off a church spire/Tied by my ankles to a weather vane/Felt like I was Jesus on fire.”

Lee Douglas, a spokesperson for The Christian Coalition, tells the British newspaper The Daily Star, "I'm sure he thinks he's being very funny but he's simply a disgrace. One day, Johnny Depp and his cronies will face the judgment of our Lord and they will burn in hell for this filth."

Stephen Jones, the lead singer of Babybird recently addressed the controversy when he tweeted, "Christians go to heaven. Sinners go to hell. This is their message of peace. Oh yes and gays can f**k off too. It's a beautiful world, Jesus."

Jones also spoke to E! News saying, "The Bible is the greatest fiction book of all time," adding, "I was in a Days Inn hotel room last year and in the bedside drawer was the Book of Mormon. But the second 'M' had been scraped off, so that immediately got my interest, and once I delved in, the lyrics for 'Jesus Stag Night' just flowed out of me as though the Lord himself has touched me in my secret place.”

Depp played guitar on a Babybird single last year and also directed one of the band's videos. Depp has not commented on the song controversy.

1250 AM WTMA: The Big Talker | News and Talk from Charleston, South Carolina

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i8cBns1iFbQ]Babybird feat. Johnny Depp Jesus Stag Night Club - YouTube[/ame]

And......here's the lyrics........

Saw a man in a bar with his hair like a lady
Bloody thorns 'round his ears like he was a crazy
He had holes in his hands and a cross for a spine
Crushed a berry in his Perrier and called it wine

He said, "There's great sadness in life, but don't sit there and blub:
Here's some tickets for your friends to the Jesus Stag Night Club!"

I can't remember where I was last night
Think I was hanging naked off a church spire
Tied by my ankles to a weathervane
Felt like I was Jesus on fire
Cuffed to the bumper of a big truck
I begged my dad (?) to take me to a strip bar
Drank kerosene slammers through my eyeballs
Drove myself home in a stolen car

Turn a bird upside down and it lies in your fingers like a dead man
When you throw it in the air it's resurrected from your hand
We went to a motel, he showed me his Bible
I said, "Tell me the truth," while he looked me in the eyeball

He said, "There's great happiness in life but don't just sit there in love:
Here's some tickets for your friends to the Jesus Stag Night Club!"

Think I was getting on a night bus
Lyin' on the laps of my good friends
Judas Priest and Lazarus
I'm getting married in the big bad morning
But it feels like I'm giving birth
I feel so happy I could scream
"This is my last few seconds on Earth"

Saw a man in the street lying on the floor beaten up
He had a fish finger sandwich and a yellow M coffee cup
I bent down drunk and tried to pick him up
But when I turned around I could see…it was Jesus…

Think I was hanging on a church spire
Tied by my ankles to a weathervane
Felt like I was Jesus on fire
Cuffed to the bumper of a big truck
I begged my dad to take me to a strip bar
Drank kerosene slammers through my eyeballs
Drove myself home in a stolen car

Think I was getting on a night bus
Lyin' on the laps of my good friends
Judas Priest and Lazarus
I'm getting married in the big bad morning
But it feels like I'm giving birth
I feel so happy I could scream
"This is my last few seconds on Earth!"

BABYBIRD LYRICS || Song: Jesus Stag Night Club

Discuss. Me personally? I think it's a great song. Especially the reasons that it was written.

Johnny Depp is a great actor....and a great ass-clown.
You seem to forget he called Americans "little puppies" speaking on our inability to understand complicated things. He said this in an interview in Europe...where he lived.
This is not the only disparaging remark he has said about America and Americans.

You seem to forget he called Americans "little puppies" speaking on our inability to understand complicated things. He said this in an interview in Europe...where he lived.
This is not the only disparaging remark he has said about America and Americans.

Considering how ill informed most of the US is nowadays, I'd say his comment was pretty much spot on. How many people on these boards are incapable of understanding anything other than partisan rhetoric?

Considering how ill informed most of the US is nowadays, I'd say his comment was pretty much spot on. How many people on these boards are incapable of understanding anything other than partisan rhetoric?

Go look in the mirror :fu:

As compared to who?
You think Europeans understand complicated matters better?
You don't think Europe is as filled with clowns as anywhere else?
European snobs and Euro-wannabes like Depp loooove to go on about Americans like we're a bunch of little pigeons...shit...Europe is as filled with clowns and idiots as America is.

As compared to who?
You think Europeans understand complicated matters better?
You don't think Europe is as filled with clowns as anywhere else?
European snobs and Euro-wannabes like Depp loooove to go on about Americans like we're a bunch of little pigeons...shit...Europe is as filled with clowns and idiots as America is.

As a US Navy man who has spent around 1/2 of my career overseas, yeah.......I do think that Europeans are a bit more informed than the US. Why? Because they are interested in what is going on around them.

But........nice derail. What do you think about the Babybird song?

Well how cute, so he's being applauded for pissing off Christians.

what do you think we would be hearing if it had been.................MUSLIMS?

He's too chickenshit for that one.

Depp just played the guitar, it was the other guy that actually wrote the song.

Interestingly enough, one of the main motivations for writing the song was that if Jesus came back today, He'd try to stay a bit incognito, as He wouldn't want to start another religious war.

Interestingly enough, one of the main motivations for writing the song was that if Jesus came back today, He'd try to stay a bit incognito, as He wouldn't want to start another religious war.

I think that was the point.
Why not include Mohammed in that song?
Why not Buddhism and other Chinese religions....like Christianity has the market on wars started over religion. :doubt:
Nah...it is the only one you can make fun of and look cool doing it.

I think that was the point.
Why not include Mohammed in that song?
Why not Buddhism and other Chinese religions....like Christianity has the market on wars started over religion. :doubt:
Nah...it is the only one you can make fun of and look cool doing it.

Because it was a song about Jesus. And.........fwiw.........the only other religion that gets more pissed than Christians is Muslims, but both fanatical fringes kinda react the same.

Besides.........how are you going to make a song about Chinese religions? They're more of a philosophy than anything.

"If you meet the Buddha, kill the Buddha".

Well if Depp thinks it's a good move to piss off Christians, more power to him.

but I hope he remembers, Christians also go to movies, so more power to them.

He's ONLY a actor and a wannabe musician. so big deal

Hmmm.............when the GOP says something ugly about the Dems, it's just a joke.

When an actor sings a satirical song, it's an attack.

Gotcha.

Incidentally, Depp is an excellent guitarist. Ask his friends.

Hmmm.............when the GOP says something ugly about the Dems, it's just a joke.

When an actor sings a satirical song, it's an attack.

Gotcha.

Incidentally, Depp is an excellent guitarist. Ask his friends.

LOL, I would change the subject too. It's YOUR TITLE dear

Interesting view you have of Christians.

You fucking hypocrite.

Forum List

Back