Johnny Carson - RIP

Oh no. This can't be happening. This is devastating to american tv culture.

Mr. P said:
Damn..this guy was a big part of a troubled time in my life..I just don't have the words...

I'm really affected as well. This is truly the end of an era. To us the host of the tonight show will always be Carson, not leno. We are dated, my friends.

rtwngAvngr said:
I'm really affected as well. This is truly the end of an era. To us the host of the tonight show will always be Carson, not leno. We are dated, my friends.

He was a real class act. Sad news.

rtwngAvngr said:
Oh no. This can't be happening. This is devastating to american tv culture.
Sarcastic..condescending? Yeah...
Sure bud.....:finger:

Mr. P said:
Sarcastic..condescending? Yeah...

Sure bud.....:finger:

You just insist on holding a grudge. Don't you? Let's try to be a bit more enlightened, shall we?

rtwngAvngr said:
You just insist on holding a grudge. Don't you? Let's try to be a bit more enlightened, shall we?

I took it you were serious. Not sure why P is being an ass.

I saw this earlier on the news. I was so sorry to hear this. Late night TV has never been the same since he left.

I wasn't even a twinkle in my mothers eye when he went on the air and was in the Air Force when he retired. Nobody has made that many generations not only sneak out of bed as a child but made them stay up late as an adult. Odd thing is, I didn't see a thing about it on television until 5pm today.

RIP,Johnny. I used to watch him a lot when I was a teenager. The Tonight Show hasn't been nearly as good since he left. :(

Forum List

Back