John Wayne obscure interview quote: I don't feel guilty that 10 generations ago people were slaves

I'm proud of the United States for leading the way in banning slavery. The United States has led the world in freeing more people than anyone in the history of civilization.
We were one of the last “civilized” nation to do so and it took 600,000 lives to end slavery
Other nations just ended it and moved on
We did it. White men gave their lives to end it and fought under the stars and stripes. When black people take a knee for our National Anthem they are showing their ignorance. Give credit for that.

I'm proud of the United States for leading the way in banning slavery. The United States has led the world in freeing more people than anyone in the history of civilization.
We were one of the last “civilized” nation to do so and it took 600,000 lives to end slavery
We did it. White men gave their lives to end it and fought under the stars and stripes. When black people take a knee for our National Anthem they are showing their ignorance. Give credit for that.
So you agree the confederate flag should not be honored?

What is this "we" business ?

What did you do ? You BS Filter. You

What ships, roads and skycrapers and tunnels have you built ?

Please tell everyone in USMB about this.

John Wayne was a conservative icon

He supported Vietnam, but avoided service in WWII

He had a screen image of supporting liberty and freedom, yet he was indifferent to Americans being denied their civil rights

We citizens. Asshole.

We citizens. Asshole.
Right. So black people are included in that as well when you say "we" ? So then you agree that black ppl built roads, ships and skyscrapers in the USA. Yes. That's your logic buddy if "we" means all citizens

We citizens. Asshole.
Right. So black people are included in that as well when you say "we" ? So then you agree that black ppl built roads, ships and skyscrapers in the USA. Yes. That's your logic buddy if "we" means all citizens
He wasn't talking about black people. He said "slaves" built this nation. Take a reading comprehension class, idiot. "Citizens" means every American, black, white, red, yellow, etc. Idiot.

He didn't feel guilty for being a drunk and beating up women and children.

Bonus for RWNJs, he was a draft dodger too.

This makes him the perfect poster child for RWNJs.

BS.

People of color have dome as much if not more than whites.

Sick of you traitors hating the constitution. And especially despise that you don't even know what you're saying/doing.

BS.

People of color have dome as much if not more than whites.

Sick of you traitors hating the constitution. And especially despise that you don't even know what you're saying/doing.
We're all people of color you racist pig.

Next thread youll be back to saying that "we" enslaved you.

So, the slaves picked cotton for fvcking 240 years? LOFL ..........
Okay, Einstein. Tell us what the slaves were doing to build the nation. Go ahead.

economic impact of slavery in the US - Google Search

You really should try & get out more; expose yourself to FACTS instead of the fairy tales in your tiny head
You're an idiot. Slaves didn't build the ships, the railroads, the cities, the tunnels, the bridges, the skyscrapers, the war machines, etc. Slaves picked cotton. Idiot.

Any successful nation is built from a successful economy, period.
What is one of the best ways to build a thriving economy? CHEAP LABOR.
The slaves in the new world aka AmerKKKa had a HUGE economic impact on the growing & thriving economy.
The profits from the tobacco, sugar, rice, hemp, cotton, and other agribusiness that utilized slaves were a HUGE factor in building the economic engine of the US.
The MILLIONS upon MILLIONS of slaves in the US for nearly 250 most certainly had a huge impact on building the economy of the US aka building a nation.

YOU seem to be stuck on the word 'build' but that is merely an indication of a kindergarten level mentality.
That is the indication of someone that sees a literal translation, or understanding of a subject.
It reminds me of one of those evangelicals that BELIEVES their 'God' made the universe in SIX days, about 7,000 years ago.
Last I checked the consensus is our spinning rock is about 4 BILLION years old.
It also reminds me of the typical mentality of a Trump voter; very 'black & white' thinking aka barely thinking.

Now, who is the idiot? Go look in a mirror.
What the hell are you smoking? There were less than 4 million slaves in 1860. Idiot.

And your point? Oh, that's right; you DON'T have a point.

John Wayne (Marion Morrison) was bald and gay.

In Frank Zappa’s autobiography, he recalls a brief encounter with John Wayne in early 1966: Zappa says that while hanging out at the entrance to a nightclub in Hollywood, a drunk Wayne came shambling out. He stopped and stared goggle-eyed at Zappa and shouted “I remember you from Egypt, and you blew me!!” Wayne had a lifestyle on his boat in Newport Harbor which was known among the neighbors.

John Wayne wore high heels. Even though he was over 6 feet tall. He wanted to look taller so all his cowboy boots had 3 inch heels and he stole his iconic walk from the great stuntman, Yakima Canutt.

Also he fought in ALL the wars, except the real ones.

He wore a hundred military uniforms but never served a day in his life.

Other white Hollywood actors like Jimmy Stewart, Henry Fonda, Clark Gable and Tyrone Power signed up and risked their lives fighting in WW2. Wayne did everything he could to avoid serving the country that made him a rich and successful person. Jimmy Stewart in particular, done 20 combat missions in B-24s over Europe, a combat tour he had to repeatedly request, and his 3 Flying Crosses.

Jimmy Stewart was about that life.

The lengths Wayne went to avoid military service and the stories that he and the studios told to cover it up are pretty astounding given his persona.

So the bottom line is John Wayne is America’s favorite Draft Dodger, before Dodging the Draft was cool. He set the stage for so many Republican Chickenhawks (Trump)

Also his 3rd wife (Pilar Pillet) was not even white

I knew there was some kind of reason I never liked John Wayne.

:desk: Oh! I know why! He was borneded white! :coffee:

Jane Fonda was more of a Patriot than John Wayne

Forum List

Back