John Stossel and PLYMCO_PILGRIM agree on Christmas

He said that it's up to the business to decide if they want employees to say "Merry Christmas" or not.

And he's right....Again.

He also said that businesses have a right to tell their employees they can't say Merry Christmas even though that's why they're selling the stuff.

He obviously believes as some of you do, that employees should have NO rights. He even said that if the employers wanted them to they should stand on their heads.....good grief....this country is getting worse day by day.

Yes businesses do have that right. The customers are the businesses clientele not the clerks. If they tell you to smile and say good morning, you are expected to do so.
If they tell you to sneer and say "Fuck You", you are expected to do that.
If you don't like it you are free to seek employment elsewhere

He said that it's up to the business to decide if they want employees to say "Merry Christmas" or not.

And he's right....Again.

He also said that businesses have a right to tell their employees they can't say Merry Christmas even though that's why they're selling the stuff.

He obviously believes as some of you do, that employees should have NO rights. He even said that if the employers wanted them to they should stand on their heads.....good grief....this country is getting worse day by day.

Damned employers!!! Mine expects me to use good hygiene and wear business casual. Jerk!

And he's right....Again.

Yes businesses do have that right. The customers are the businesses clientele not the clerks. If they tell you to smile and say good morning, you are expected to do so.
If they tell you to sneer and say "Fuck You", you are expected to do that.
If you don't like it you are free to seek employment elsewhere

Easy to say, not so easy to do....

I think the key to a greeting is you are trying to please the other person not yourself. If you know the person celibrates Christmas, Merry Christmas is in order. If you know they celibrate Chanuka or Kwanza or whatever you should acknowledge their holiday and let them reciprocate by acknowledging yours.

If you have no idea....A generic Happy Holidays doesn't hurt

Exactly.

Every year it's the same much ado about nothing.

"Once again, we come to the Holiday Season, a deeply religious time that each of us observes, in his own way, by going to the mall of his choice." ~Author Unknown

Every year it's the same much ado about nothing.

"Once again, we come to the Holiday Season, a deeply religious time that each of us observes, in his own way, by going to the mall of his choice." ~Author Unknown

:lol: I barely shop for christmas, i like to make and do things for people instead.

although i'm slacking on buying christmas cards

Forum List

Back