John Stossel and PLYMCO_PILGRIM agree on Christmas

Again, I never said there was, I simply said that you would allow it if it agreed with your political outlook or agenda, not caring a whim for anyone's 'rights', you only care for rights whenever it happens to agree with your bent outlook.

Who is the ugly chick in your avie?

Are you a racist?

Male/female is gender........not race......so I guess I'm a sexist. :muahaha:

Last edited:
He sounds about exactly how I think in regards to the whole Merry Christmas/Happy holidays thing in public.

Skip up to 1:45 if you want to see exactly how I feel. He also gives the situation in which I personally say Merry Christams to a retail associate instead of Happy Holidays

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WeI5CraQfU0

:clap2: For John Stossel's common sense :clap2:

Full Transcript (Excerpt i'm referring to below)

STOSSEL: Except sometimes they do say, "Merry Christmas," but some customers complain that it wasn't being said enough.

O'REILLY: Enough.

STOSSEL: But that's the beauty of the free market. If you don't like their presentation — some of these companies are more sensitive about wanting to appeal to non-Christians — the market will sort it out. If you don't like it, you won't go there. If enough people don't like it, they'll lose business and probably change their policy.

O'REILLY: Now, as a libertarian, you don't really care whether people say, "Merry Christmas."

STOSSEL: I do not care.

O'REILLY: So you walk in and somebody goes, "Happy Holidays," that doesn't bother you at all?

STOSSEL: Doesn't bother me.

O'REILLY: Do you say, "Happy Holidays" back, or do you say "Merry Christmas"?

STOSSEL: Sometimes I say "Merry Christmas," just to — if I think they're being politically correct, I say, "Merry Christmas"...

O'REILLY: Just to annoy them.

STOSSEL: ...just to annoy them.

O'REILLY: OK, that's the kind of guy you are.

STOSSEL: Yes.
I worked five Christmas's at Kmart, we don't give a shit what you say back.
And if you make a big deal about it we think you are an idiot not because we are trying to be PC but because you one of many who make similar stupid comments.
Instead of giving a sale's clerk who has had to deal with stupid ass people all day long a bad time, why don't you just buy your shit say Merry Christmas or whatever the fuck you want and leave. For one most of the time when you are a checker you are in the zone and are not really listening to the moron in your line anyways.

Who is the ugly chick in your avie?

Are you a racist?

Why would you ask that question when he asked who the ugly chick in your avatar is?

If he can't figure out who is in my avatar and why, then he has my sympathies because he's stupid. Either that, or he's trying to insult the wildly awesome football player in my avatar, so I will jump to the conclusion that it must be because of race. After all, practically every Obama lover on here calls you a racist if you insult or question our current president because he's black. I'm just being like them. :eusa_angel:

He sounds about exactly how I think in regards to the whole Merry Christmas/Happy holidays thing in public.

Skip up to 1:45 if you want to see exactly how I feel. He also gives the situation in which I personally say Merry Christams to a retail associate instead of Happy Holidays

STOSSEL: Except sometimes they do say, "Merry Christmas," but some customers complain that it wasn't being said enough.

STOSSEL: But that's the beauty of the free market. If you don't like their presentation — some of these companies are more sensitive about wanting to appeal to non-Christians — the market will sort it out. If you don't like it, you won't go there. If enough people don't like it, they'll lose business and probably change their policy.

O'REILLY: Now, as a libertarian, you don't really care whether people say, "Merry Christmas."

O'REILLY: So you walk in and somebody goes, "Happy Holidays," that doesn't bother you at all?

STOSSEL: Sometimes I say "Merry Christmas," just to — if I think they're being politically correct, I say, "Merry Christmas"...

And if you make a big deal about it we think you are an idiot not because we are trying to be PC but because you one of many who make similar stupid comments.
Instead of giving a sale's clerk who has had to deal with stupid ass people all day long a bad time, why don't you just buy your shit say Merry Christmas or whatever the fuck you want and leave. For one most of the time when you are a checker you are in the zone and are not really listening to the moron in your line anyways.

Yeah its always great for a rich guy of a certain level of fame like Stossel to go out of his way to annoy somebody working the cash register at a place like k mart.

Yeah its always great for a rich guy of a certain level of fame like Stossel to go out of his way to annoy somebody working the cash register at a place like k mart.

I doubt Stossel goes anywhere near a K Mart.

My posts are here for all to see, read, and comprehend. It's really not that hard.

and everyone can see how you weaseled out of your original sentiment.

What was my original sentiment?

some crap about people wanting to stop others from saying Merry Christmas, now spin away making a case that that was not what you were saying and that you just added a random post in this war on Christmas thread.:lol:

Pretty much!
When I worked there if he would have come through my line and said some stupid comment I would have smiled and said whatever we were suppose to say and when he was gone I would probably say to myself, " what a stupid asshole".
Now if he would have said, " I am just going to go to Walmart next time." I would have probably killed him.:lol:

and everyone can see how you weaseled out of your original sentiment.

What was my original sentiment?

some crap about people wanting to stop others from saying Merry Christmas, now spin away making a case that that was not what you were saying and that you just added a random post in this war on Christmas thread.:lol:

Well, you could use the quote function and show exactly what I said to make your point? :razz: I don't believe I said any such thing.

I doubt Stossel goes anywhere near a K Mart.
you would be surprised how many rich people are cheap bastards. One of the members of ZZtop came into the Kmart I was working at while they were in town to buy a cd.
Where I worked I would see the pooriest dirtiest people and than in line right behind him would be some rich person buying Martha Stewart towels.

Are you a racist?

Why would you ask that question when he asked who the ugly chick in your avatar is?

If he can't figure out who is in my avatar and why, then he has my sympathies because he's stupid. Either that, or he's trying to insult the wildly awesome football player in my avatar, so I will jump to the conclusion that it must be because of race. After all, practically every Obama lover on here calls you a racist if you insult or question our current president because he's black. I'm just being like them. :eusa_angel:

Lighten up Francis.

Lighten up Francis.

What are you, a lowly Pats fan, Benals, Ratbirds?? :lol:

You have made me feel bad. :( I think what you are saying is kind of what bothers me these days. I realize that it is tough on cashiers. Hard work, fairly long hours, low pay, for many it is a second job etc. etc. etc. I know all that, but that is what is wrong with this country now. We don't want to be bothered anymore.

But what you say, is kind of what bothers me now.

First, I don't give them a hard time. I always try to be "of good cheer".

Second, I said this earlier in the thread, what bothers me is that so many cashiers don't even smile anymore. I try to be polite. Typically I will wish them "Happy Holidays" because it tends to cover the gambit of religions and if they are not religious most realize you are not trying to be rude, just friendly. If they are wearing something that indicates Christmas, ie red and green colors tend to set it off, I will say Merry Christmas.

Three, what I miss though is just the friendly holiday cheer. I'm not blaming the cashiers themselves, but it just seems that the stress has taken over. A good cashiers... meaning one that is friendly (regardless of the time of the year) can bring customers back to the store. All that it takes is a smile and a "Thank you" or a "Happy Holidays".

Since I moved to Florida 16 years ago, that seems to have disappeared. Is it just Florida? The PC Crowd? The companies themselves? Fear of offending the customer? Me getting old?... no not that! I don't know what it is, but, in California there was Christmas music in the stores, smiles on cashier's faces and a hearty Merry Christmas to just about every customer. Here it is "What the hell are you here for? Get the hell out of my store and don't come back."

When did it become a crime to be joyous? I am getting old! I miss the good ole days.

Immie

You have made me feel bad. :( I think what you are saying is kind of what bothers me these days. I realize that it is tough on cashiers. Hard work, fairly long hours, low pay, for many it is a second job etc. etc. etc. I know all that, but that is what is wrong with this country now. We don't want to be bothered anymore.

But what you say, is kind of what bothers me now.

First, I don't give them a hard time. I always try to be "of good cheer".

Second, I said this earlier in the thread, what bothers me is that so many cashiers don't even smile anymore. I try to be polite. Typically I will wish them "Happy Holidays" because it tends to cover the gambit of religions and if they are not religious most realize you are not trying to be rude, just friendly. If they are wearing something that indicates Christmas, ie red and green colors tend to set it off, I will say Merry Christmas.

Three, what I miss though is just the friendly holiday cheer. I'm not blaming the cashiers themselves, but it just seems that the stress has taken over. A good cashiers... meaning one that is friendly (regardless of the time of the year) can bring customers back to the store. All that it takes is a smile and a "Thank you" or a "Happy Holidays".

Since I moved to Florida 16 years ago, that seems to have disappeared. Is it just Florida? The PC Crowd? The companies themselves? Fear of offending the customer? Me getting old?... no not that! I don't know what it is, but, in California there was Christmas music in the stores, smiles on cashier's faces and a hearty Merry Christmas to just about every customer. Here it is "What the hell are you here for? Get the hell out of my store and don't come back."

When did it become a crime to be joyous? I am getting old! I miss the good ole days.

Immie

What the heck part of Florida are you in? Miami?

Forum List

Back