John stewart = village idiot

"How could a president... answer to the American people if... after the bloodbath of an invasion of Japan, it became known that a weapon sufficient to end the war had been available by midsummer and was not used?" David McCullough; Truman biographer

"On the 60th anniversary of the destruction of Hiroshima, new questions are being asked about whether it was necessary to drop the atomic bomb - and whether the bomb was really responsible for the Japanese surrender.

Would more lives would been lost if the bombings hadn't happened? Historians will never fully agree on the answers.

And the children born of fathers who might otherwise have been sent to invade Japan in 1945 often wonder if they should not be grateful that the bomb was used, first on Hiroshima on 6 August and then against Nagasaki.

Churchill likened the explosions at the time to the "Second Coming in wrath".

US President Harry Truman also recognised their significance.

When he was told of the successful test of the atomic bomb - and then took the decision to use it with no warning - he wrote in his diary: "We have discovered the most terrible bomb in the history of the world. It may be the fire destruction prophesied in the Euphrates Valley Era, after Noah and his fabulous Ark.""

BBC NEWS | World | Asia-Pacific | Hiroshima arguments rage 60 years on

Hiroshima, Nagasaki & Christian morality

History News Network

Plunge Pontificates: Atomic Bomb Section 4 Why did this have to happen, wasn’t Japan Trying to Surrender?

awwwwwwwwwwww.... poor baby. strike a nerve, did I?

my law school was a private school ... thanks. ;)

Thanks for copying my line from yesterday, it shows you may be developing good taste. About time.

The law school creds indicate that there is a mind in there, but its the indocrination that you suffered in your public school years that you are unable to rise above.

I don't want to hijack this thread, but at some future time I'd like to explain to you the damage done by the infliction of a public school education.

As you pointed out yesterday, you arranged your schedule to have more time with your child. I think that after carefully considering current public school philosophy, you might even want to reschedule further.

Last edited:
Nobody with a brain takes John Stewart seriously. He's meant to be laughed at. He's a comedian.

I only wish that you were right.

"A new study has confirmed surveys that suggest an increasing number of young adults are using late-night comedy and talk shows as their primary vehicle for getting their news. "
Young Americans get their news from 'The Daily Show' | Article from Chicago Sun-Times | HighBeam Research

Between the daytime indocrination in schools and universities, and nighttime indocrination on cable 'comedy' shows, the result is an Obama Administration.

Well, I did say they needed to have a brain. :lol:

Nobody with a brain takes John Stewart seriously. He's meant to be laughed at. He's a comedian.

I only wish that you were right.

"A new study has confirmed surveys that suggest an increasing number of young adults are using late-night comedy and talk shows as their primary vehicle for getting their news. "
Young Americans get their news from 'The Daily Show' | Article from Chicago Sun-Times | HighBeam Research

Between the daytime indocrination in schools and universities, and nighttime indocrination on cable 'comedy' shows, the result is an Obama Administration.

<SNIP>I found out about the tarp funds on the Daily Show......

How come we don't find this information on Fox or MSNBC?<SNIP>

If you'd been paying attention to FNC (not a Fox Entertainment Channel) you would have learned all you needed to know about TARP. It was reported thoroughly by Shep Smith on the regular evening news, as well as it being reported by Brit Hume on his evening program "The Special Report" and then discussed at the end of the show by the panel consisting of Easton, Liasson, Krauthammer, Barnes, Birnbaum.

Also Neil Cavuto analyzed it on his program "Your World" on Fox , and went into it at length on repeated programs. These were not single one time events, but they were ongoing discussions including the political issues involved.

I can'T speak to MSNBC.

Even though he wasn't alive, John Stewart said Harry Truman should have been tried for war crimes. LOL. Tell that to the millions of lives that were saved by Truman ending the war in rapid fashion.

Stewart said we should have dropped the first bomb in the ocean and Japan would have surrendered. That way we would have prevented Japanese loss of life and suffering. Here's the problem: Japan didn't surrender after we dropped the first bomb on Hiroshima. That's why we had to go back and drop the second on Nagasaki three days later. The radical left's insatiable anger shouldn't be directed at Truman, it should be directed at the Japanese government for not listening. They are the ones responsible their own people's deaths.

Comedians like Stewart and Janine Garafolo need to start thinking about what is best for America and not wat is best for their own careers.

They are the worst types . . . They paint themselves in a corner with all their torture talk . . . They make outlandish statements on a daily basis and then run and hide behind, "I'm a comic, that's what I do."

No.......That's what people call a coward. They wonder Americans don't take them seriously

You're right. That's why the Republicans have kicked ass in the last two elections.

:cuckoo:

Even though he wasn't alive, John Stewart said Harry Truman should have been tried for war crimes. LOL. Tell that to the millions of lives that were saved by Truman ending the war in rapid fashion.

Stewart said we should have dropped the first bomb in the ocean and Japan would have surrendered. That way we would have prevented Japanese loss of life and suffering. Here's the problem: Japan didn't surrender after we dropped the first bomb on Hiroshima. That's why we had to go back and drop the second on Nagasaki three days later. The radical left's insatiable anger shouldn't be directed at Truman, it should be directed at the Japanese government for not listening. They are the ones responsible their own people's deaths.

Comedians like Stewart and Janine Garafolo need to start thinking about what is best for America and not wat is best for their own careers.

They are the worst types . . . They paint themselves in a corner with all their torture talk . . . They make outlandish statements on a daily basis and then run and hide behind, "I'm a comic, that's what I do."

No.......That's what people call a coward. They wonder Americans don't take them seriously

Some believe that Japan did surrender after the first bomb was dropped, but we wanted to test out our new bombs, so we dropped the second one anyways.

Some also believe Saddam tried to surrender/make a deal before we invaded Iraq, but Cheney/Bush wanted to invade, NO MATTER WHAT.

And Afganistan may have tried to turn over Bin Ladin, but again, Bush didn't want to make a deal. He was hell bent on invasion.

I don't know if these things are true, but you sure as hell don't know for sure that they are false either.

So stop telling us the official history that we all fucking learned in grade school. Have you ever considered you are brainwashed with nationalism?

Some still believe the earth is flat. Doesn't make them right.

Jon Stewart apologized and said it was a mistake.

could be worse... someone could take Anne Coulter or Rush Limbaugh seriously. :eusa_whistle:

And the poster child for public school education, thanks for checking in.

Yes, please enlighten us all on how my daughter, who goes to a public school, and the students I teach, in a public school, are going to downgrade society even more.

I'm just going to jump in here. Truth of the matter is that some home schooling parents are big on evangelical agenda, then again, many public schooling parents are opposite minded, pushing for ever more pc agenda, via planned parenthood or ACLU agenda.

Then there are the 'mainstreamers' in both. Homeschooling folks that push for information from all sides, whether the subject is math, history, reading, what have you. They expose their children to the plethora of sides out here. Some schools do the same, (I try to).

There are also public schools that buck the trend and try to present all sides. It would be easier, but truth is 'standards based' will prohibit.

Standards based has lots to argue in favor of, basically I do, but there's a problem when one side has more 'input' than another, creating 'standards' that are biased. Once again, what goes around comes around.

And the poster child for public school education, thanks for checking in.

Yes, please enlighten us all on how my daughter, who goes to a public school, and the students I teach, in a public school, are going to downgrade society even more.

I'm just going to jump in here. Truth of the matter is that some home schooling parents are big on evangelical agenda, then again, many public schooling parents are opposite minded, pushing for ever more pc agenda, via planned parenthood or ACLU agenda.

Then there are the 'mainstreamers' in both. Homeschooling folks that push for information from all sides, whether the subject is math, history, reading, what have you. They expose their children to the plethora of sides out here. Some schools do the same, (I try to).

There are also public schools that buck the trend and try to present all sides. It would be easier, but truth is 'standards based' will prohibit.

Standards based has lots to argue in favor of, basically I do, but there's a problem when one side has more 'input' than another, creating 'standards' that are biased. Once again, what goes around comes around.

I understand all about Standards Based teaching. We follow a pacing guideline, I like it because it helps me keep track of where I am supposed to be for the year, since I teach 3 grade levels.

As for religion based teaching, that is what religious private schools and home school is for. Thus the separation of church and state. Isn't that why private schools don't have to worry about being on probation or shut down if they don't meet the Federal No Child Left Behind guidelines?

I am not against anyone's CHOICE of how to teach their children Annie, and you know that, I've said it many times.

What gets me every time on here is the label some posters put on public schools, their students and the educators. Yes, their are some bad apples in the bunch, but most are doing the best they can, be it student or teacher.

Forum List

Back