please excuse me, I gotsta get my tree fed
:puke3:

WeToddEdd said:
I got peas on my head, but don't call me a pea head
Bees on my head, but don't call me a bee head
Bruce Lees on my head, but don't call me a Lee head
please excuse me, I gotsta get my tree fed
:puke3:

If post 2 follows on the lines of post 1, you are out of here my dear.

Kathianne said:
If post 2 follows on the lines of post 1, you are out of here my dear.
say what?????? :eek2:

You wear name brands and I make my own clothing.
I hang out with an apple who loves self-loathing.
“I hate myself.”

Pancake on my face makes me extra happy.
I like shampoo bottles that sit on my lappy.
Cause it’s my show you can’t tell me what to do.
When life hands me lemons I make beef stew.

So yo I gotta go, it’s time for me to rock it.
I put baloney in my left pocket.
Smear some cream cheese in my gold locket .
Cause it’s my show I’m Andy Milonakis.
It’s my show I’m Shmandy Shmila-Shmakis.
It’s my show I’m Andy Milonakis.
kis.
:finger3:

WeToddEdd said:

“I hate myself.”

kis.

Awww, Gabby, I see u still got it.

WeToddEdd said:

“I hate myself.”

kis.

LOL. Your point? Oh I just read the last stanza, so You are right, It's time for you to go. 24, but if you rethink, you will be welcomed.

ok....i have watched him for three days.....i have watched every moment.....

....he will be a fair, intlligent and thoughtfull supreme court justice......he will piss of 50% of the peole 100% of the time but he will do the correct thing every time even though many will think that he is not right.....

I thought he really put Ted Kennedy in his place and made it clear he was on to the way Kennedy operates.

This guy is A-OK! I predict he will have a profound impact on the Supreme Court, and that was Bush's intention when he nominated him.

Taking a Grandstand

Day two of the Roberts hearing is full of speechifying senators--with a question or two thrown in for good measure.

YESTERDAY I predicted that the Roberts hearings might turn out to be a free televised seminar in constitutional theory. Boy was I wrong. Tuesday's question and answer session revealed that members of the Senate Judiciary Committee currently suffer from a severe bout of jobidenitis--the inability to ask a serious question without first delivering a two- to three-minute self-indulgent preamble. Monday was for opening statements, and committee members will deliver closing remarks probably sometime next week, providing senators the opportunity to announce their positions on Hurricane Katrina (they're against), equality, constitutional law, and so forth. But Tuesday and Wednesday were supposed to be about the nominee. Tuesday and Wednesday were supposed to be about his judicial philosophy and temperament. Instead, we found out that Sen. Biden wrote the Violence Against Women Act, that Sen. DeWine thinks the First Amendment is important, and that Sen. Schumer is deeply worried about a few professors at the University of Chicago Law School.

Now it's true that, again and again, Roberts declined to answer questions regarding unsettled law and cases soon to appear on the Supreme Court's docket. On this, for the most part, committee Democrats--Sens. Herb Kohl and Diane Feinstein in particular--were deferential. They respected Roberts's right to decline to answer a question. But Roberts did offer more than a few opinions on what he thought was settled law--Marbury v. Madison, to name the most elementary example, but also Brown v. Board of Education, Griswold v. Connecticut, even Roe v. Wade and Planned Parenthood v. Casey.
And he also offered his opinions about the role of judges in a democratic polity, about his work experience, and about the appellate process in general. So there was definitely room for reasoned discussion on a variety of topics.

But what transpired wasn't a discussion. It was a series of speeches with a few questions thrown in here and there. Biden went on for eight minutes before asking his first question: "Do you agree that there is a right to privacy to be found in the liberty clause of the Fourteenth Amendment?" (Roberts agrees.) According to the day's New York Times transcript, DeWine spoke for 15 paragraphs before asking Roberts to "just talk in general about when you see fact-findings by Congress, when we have held hearings, when we have established the record, how do you approach it, what are the tools that you use, Judge, based on the precedents and based on what you think the role of the judge is?" Roberts's answer also lasted awhile, but in the end it was easier to understand than the original question. "The courts need to be very careful," he said, ". . . to make sure that they're interpreting the law and not making it." Alabama Republican senator Jeff Sessions was polite and well-spoken, but he spent the first several minutes of his time simply repeating what he had told the audience yesterday. Later Sessions spent five minutes reading aloud from a recent Atlantic Monthly article by Benjamin Wittes. The Wittes piece is worth reading, but Sessions failed to mention what it had to with John Roberts. At one point South Carolina Republican senator Lindsey Graham broke out into a jeremiad against associate justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg, which morphed into an encomium of Roberts, which further morphed into a question three minutes later.

http://www.weeklystandard.com/Content/Public/Articles/000/000/006/076zvglz.asp

theim said:
My very first reaction was the same as the election of Benedict XVI. I like him just because he makes the right people go apeshit.

I had to rep you for such an on-target comment. :thup:
If Pelosi, Biden, Kennedy and Schumer are against him, he's got to be my kind if guy.

I have a similar test on issues: if the is ACLU is against it, I'm probably for it. And vice versa.

Abbey Normal said:
I had to rep you for such an on-target comment. :thup:
If Pelosi, Biden, Kennedy and Schumer are against him, he's got to be my kind if guy.

I have a similar test on issues: if the is ACLU is against it, I'm probably for it. And vice versa.

That is the new measurement standard :D

Forum List

Back