John Q

shintao

Take Down ~ Tap Out
Aug 27, 2010
All you repubcons need to watch this movie, John Q, about a guy who's little boy needs an "elective" heart transplant, and how he can't get any monetary help to cover it.

Now I put it here, because you all are opposed to any kind of health insurances for Americans, and think somehow your own insurance has you covered if your dad or or your daughter needs an "elective" transplant.

Well try and rent the video somewhere and laugh your way through it. Because we are talking about real humans, Americans, who your asshole representatives would like to forget exist, so they can pad their own fucking greedy pockets. Watch John Q. THINK!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Nearly 45,000 annual deaths are associated with lack of health insurance, according to a new study published online today by theAmerican Journal of Public Health. That figure is about two and a half times higher than an estimate from the Institute of Medicine (IOM) in 2002.

The study, conducted at Harvard Medical School and Cambridge Health Alliance, found that uninsured, working-age Americans have a 40 percent higher risk of death than their privately insured counterparts, up from a 25 percent excess death rate found in 1993.

“The uninsured have a higher risk of death when compared to the privately insured, even after taking into account socioeconomics, health behaviors, and baseline health,” said lead author Andrew Wilper, M.D., who currently teaches at the University of Washington School of Medicine.

“We doctors have many new ways to prevent deaths from hypertension, diabetes, and heart disease — but only if patients can get into our offices and afford their medications.”

The study, which analyzed data from national surveys carried out by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), assessed death rates after taking into account education, income, and many other factors, including smoking, drinking, and obesity. It estimated that lack of health insurance causes 44,789 excess deaths annually.

source

Hey, that's not so bad, is it?

Not having a sensible HC delivery system is only like inviting a 9-11 death rate to happen about every 3 weeks, every year, year after year, after year after year...

Oh dear God.

Not another rush of liberals basing their ideological views on a fictional movie.

Did the Inconvenient Truth fiction and resulting Global Warming movement blunder not teach you fools anything?

HOLLYWOOD is FAKE.

I remember the lib on this board outraged and spewing his anger on this board about the movie WS: Money Never Sleeps, and he was pointing out to notice the lavish paintings, the pure greed, the cars, and how selfish the rich people were. We had to tell him it was fiction.

Inconvenient Truth. John Q. WS Money Never Sleeps. Hey libs.....Hollywood can't alter reality into what you want it to be.

All you repubcons need to watch this movie, John Q, about a guy who's little boy needs an "elective" heart transplant, and how he can't get any monatary help to cover it.

Now I put it here, because you all are opposed to any kind of health insurances for Americans, and think somehow your own insurance has you covered if your dad or or your daughter needs an "elective" transplant.

Well try and rent the video somewhere and laugh your way through it. Because we are talking about real humans, Americans, who your asshole representatives would like to forget exist, so they can pad their own fucking greedy pockets. Watch John Q. THINK!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=csTHqbHIhtM

What is John Q gonna do when he looks at his bank account, realized he can't afford health insurance still, and then the IRS agenst come knocking to collect the "fine" (aka tax) that he owes Obama now b/c he doesn't have insurance. :cuckoo:

Hey libs.....if the people who don't have insurance cant afford it..........HOW WILL THEY AFFORD THE FINE FOR NOT HAVING IT???

If the people who don't have insurance CAN afford it....then what did we need Obamacare for?

You lefties are so stupid sometimes that I think you may be a danger to yourselves.

All you repubcons need to watch this movie, John Q, about a guy who's little boy needs an "elective" heart transplant, and how he can't get any monatary help to cover it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=csTHqbHIhtM

What is John Q gonna do when he looks at his bank account, realized he can't afford health insurance still, and then the IRS agenst come knocking to collect the "fine" (aka tax) that he owes Obama now b/c he doesn't have insurance. :cuckoo:

Hey libs.....if the people who don't have insurance cant afford it..........HOW WILL THEY AFFORD THE FINE FOR NOT HAVING IT???

If the people who don't have insurance CAN afford it....then what did we need Obamacare for?

You lefties are so stupid sometimes that I think you may be a danger to yourselves.

I guess you have no response. Next.................

Oh dear God.

Not another rush of liberals basing their ideological views on a fictional movie.

Did the Inconvenient Truth fiction and resulting Global Warming movement blunder not teach you fools anything?

HOLLYWOOD is FAKE.

I remember the lib on this board outraged and spewing his anger on this board about the movie WS: Money Never Sleeps, and he was pointing out to notice the lavish paintings, the pure greed, the cars, and how selfish the rich people were. We had to tell him it was fiction.

Inconvenient Truth. John Q. WS Money Never Sleeps. Hey libs.....Hollywood can't alter reality into what you want it to be.

Fucking blind, or did your mind take the day off?

Nearly 45,000 annual deaths are associated with lack of health insurance, according to a new study published online today by theAmerican Journal of Public Health. That figure is about two and a half times higher than an estimate from the Institute of Medicine (IOM) in 2002.

The study, conducted at Harvard Medical School and Cambridge Health Alliance, found that uninsured, working-age Americans have a 40 percent higher risk of death than their privately insured counterparts, up from a 25 percent excess death rate found in 1993.

“The uninsured have a higher risk of death when compared to the privately insured, even after taking into account socioeconomics, health behaviors, and baseline health,” said lead author Andrew Wilper, M.D., who currently teaches at the University of Washington School of Medicine.

“We doctors have many new ways to prevent deaths from hypertension, diabetes, and heart disease — but only if patients can get into our offices and afford their medications.”

The study, which analyzed data from national surveys carried out by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), assessed death rates after taking into account education, income, and many other factors, including smoking, drinking, and obesity. It estimated that lack of health insurance causes 44,789 excess deaths annually.

Shintao..........I do have a response.

1- Don't shape your healthcare policy, or any policy, off a hollywood movie and how it made you feel. That never ends well. Ask Al Gore.

2- If 45,000 people couldn't afford health insurance, how are they gonna afford Obama's fine for not having health insurance?

And I'll add a third.............among those 45,000 who died because they didn't have insurance, you're doctor source listed hypertension, heart disease, diabetes, etc. Now lets be honest, a large % of that group is minority. Thats a fact.

How many of them ate horrible diets, smoked, drank alcohol, never exercised????????

And I'm sure that Obama fine for lack of insurance aint' gonna make their plight any easier.

But most of all............don't base policy off how a movie made you feel. Never ever ever ever.

I find it amusing that the charge made is that this thread's author has based his opinions on a movie when that movie is a ficationalized account of a problem that is so well documented by scholars familiar with the statistical reality.

Yeah just attacking the messangers, folks.

That'll help.

And I'll add a third.............among those 45,000 who died because they didn't have insurance, you're doctor source listed hypertension, heart disease, diabetes, etc. Now lets be honest, a large % of that group is minority. Thats a fact.

What in the wide world of sports are you talking about? A large % of that group is minority? whatever does that mean, and how is it relevant?

I find it amusing that the charge made is that this thread's author has based his opinions on a movie when that movie is a ficationalized account of a problem that is so well documented by scholars familiar with the statistical reality.

Yeah just attacking the messangers, folks.

That'll help.

The fact remains that it is a movie production designed to pull the heart strings.

Why not do a real documentary, with real people, with a real issue? That would really get tears flowing, for REAL people.
Could it be that under scrutiny there are generally reasons for the situation "John Q" is in that doesn't fit the commentary?

The OP wants us to be swayed by a fictional movie. If he wanted to be taken seriously about the subject he'd have posted facts and not relied on an emotional Hollywood movie.

This is why the OP is getting slammed, and deservedly so.

I know no one who is opposed to health insurance for Americans. On the other hand, I do know folks who are opposed to the federal government forcing Americans to buy a product, any product, or be penalized for failing to do so.

You are not asking us to think as you imply. You are asking us to feel, to have compassion. The government forcing others to pay for another's health care is not compassion. We should have a better non-government way of giving to others in such difficult health care situations.

If only people were more compassionate to the point of giving money of their own free will, and if only 100% of the money given went to the person in need.

Yeah, can't wait to see how many of those elective heart surgeries will be passed out when the only health care available is through the government.

They're already starting the push for more PREVENTIVE (read less TREATMENT) medicine.

All you repubcons need to watch this movie, John Q, about a guy who's little boy needs an "elective" heart transplant, and how he can't get any monetary help to cover it.

Yeah, since when is the right anti-insurance, again?

There should be some fairly objective, sensible ways of preventing those 45,000 deaths. Fine, let's deal with that. I just don't see how saving 45,000 lives requires 330,000,000 people to buy health insurance.

I still think left isn't saying what they really think. I think that because this whole debate is about how the cost of health care is getting too high. But the fact is there are always going to be people tha can't afford it, no matter how little it costs. I have asked this question in other threads now and no one seems to want to volunteer an answer;

What should the avg. life saving trip to the ER cost? Who is morally obligated to pay for that? How should it be paid for?

Now I put it here, because you all are opposed to any kind of health insurances for Americans
, and think somehow your own insurance has you covered if your dad or or your daughter needs an "elective" transplant.

It is not that repubs are opposed to any kind of health insurance, it is a difference as to how to do it. Government doing it or regulations and rules to the health care industry and other things that are involved.

Last edited by a moderator:

Forum List

Back