John Prine... To go or not to go?

Ridgerunner

'Ole Wise One'
Apr 20, 2016
Honolulu, Hawaii
My go to songs when I feel like belting out a tune are as follows...

Dear Abby - John Prine

Reason to Believe - Rod Stewart

My late great father's songs were...

You are my Sunshine - Gene Autry cover

Oklahoma Hills - Hank Thompson cover

This is my dilemma... John Prine is going to be in town in March... I have never seen Mr. Prine perform… I am a long time fan... Have I mentioned I hate crowds... I don't like going to the grocery store... Last live performance I attended was 20 years ago... I had a wonderful time but, it was an exceptional venue and would be nothing like where Mr. Prine will be performing... There is a part of me that really wants to go, and then there is this nagging feeling that after I got there I would say what the hell am I doing here... Second to last concert I was at I walked out half way through and I still feel guilty... I mean who in the hell walks out on Jerry Garcia? This was the early 90's and I didn't like crowds then...
I know this seems silly especially when there are folks out there with hell of a lot bigger problems than this... Has anyone seen John Prine in concert recently? Good show? Bad show?

Wow!!! I had just had a thought... I should write "Dear Abby"...

Prine is one of the greatest song writers of all time. GO!
Prine's health has not been good. He may not last too much longer. GO!
If you go, and the crowds start to bother you, focus on the music. GO!

Dear Abby is great. So are Paradise, Sam Stone, Donald and Lydia, and so many more.

If you go, you may feel uncomfortable for part of the time. I've seen him twice. The crowds were not rowdy.

If you leave early, you will have seen him. If you don't go, you will regret it forever.

WinterBorn thanks for your response... I'm going to do some research on the venue and see how they treat broken-down old men like myself... I would not last long if I was sitting on the floor or standing up for very long... I will do the research and make my decision... I really do want to go...

Thanks again...

Well WinterBorn the decision has been made... I'm not going... My Son, DIL and 3 granddaughters are arriving for a 2 week stay on the very day Mr. Prine decided to sing his songs... Maybe next year and in a better venue...

Well WinterBorn the decision has been made... I'm not going... My Son, DIL and 3 granddaughters are arriving for a 2 week stay on the very day Mr. Prine decided to sing his songs... Maybe next year and in a better venue...

I hate to hear that. But family comes first, for sure. Hope you get to see him someday.

Forum List

Back