John McEnroe vs. Serena Williams

who would win?

Johnny Mac says he can beat her.
Is this another Bobby Riggs vs. Billie Jean King in the making?

Love Mac growing up watching tennis. I thought his tantrums were great (my husband thinks he's a jerk) -

That's almost worth buying a TV for.

I was more of a Borg fan. At least as far as men's tennis -- women's was always way better.

Curious: Bobby Riggs bets on his own match, gets a legacy forever. Pete Rose bets on other people's baseball games, gets banned forever.

who would win?

Love Mac growing up watching tennis. I thought his tantrums were great (my husband thinks he's a jerk) -

I was more of a Borg fan. At least as far as men's tennis -- women's was always way better.

Curious: Bobby Riggs bets on his own match, gets a legacy forever. Pete Rose bets on other people's baseball games, gets banned forever.

Borg as always so cool..... never cared for Connors or Lendl
Hated Capriati and Chrissy
But I don't hate cute women tennis players because I had a total "girl crush" on Gabriella Sabatini, and, I also liked Kim Clijsters..... and currently like Ana Ivanovic.

who would win?

But I don't hate cute women tennis players because I had a total "girl crush" on Gabriella Sabatini, and, I also liked Kim Clijsters..... and currently like Ana Ivanovic.

I was a devoted Martina fan.

And of course Monica Seles for sound effects --- way underrated here:

who would win?

Martina was THE woman! Way above anyone else, amazing work ethic and passion! Agree!
I don't mind any of the grunts of any of the women EXCEPT for Azarenka..... she sounds like a warbling bird.... HATE IT!

who would win?

Martina was THE woman! Way above anyone else, amazing work ethic and passion! Agree!
I don't mind any of the grunts of any of the women EXCEPT for Azarenka..... she sounds like a warbling bird.... HATE IT!

The top three in that video just sound like loud birds to me. There's much more to a good grunt than decibels. When Monica did it you could feel it in your groin. Well, I could.

who would win?

Women's tennis was better? Than what, watching pain dry?

who would win?

Not "was" -- IS. Women are far more graceful. Men's tennis tends to be all power, no finesse.
I think Borg had more finesse. But that's the exception.

Besides -- the legs.

"Watching pain dry" ---- I gotta find a way to use that.... ;)

Connors, Borg, McEnroe & Nastase, it went downhill after that and I didn't bother watching

who would win?

Not "was" -- IS. Women are far more graceful. Men's tennis tends to be all power, no style.

I haven't watched a tennis match in decades, can't imagine a bigger waste of time

who would win?

Not "was" -- IS. Women are far more graceful. Men's tennis tends to be all power, no style.

I haven't watched a tennis match in decades, can't imagine a bigger waste of time

Then why are you here?

who would win?

betting on baseball is strictly forbidden and he knew it.
He could have beaten his wife, drink and drive, get in fights, have women on the side, do drugs..etc.and probably got away with it..but the rules strictly forbid players from betting...and he did it anyway.

That said, I admired his scrappy nature and he always played hard.

who would win?

I watched that match. The pregame antics were funny as hell.

who would win?

He could have beaten his wife, drink and drive, get in fights, have women on the side, do drugs..etc.and probably got away with it..but the rules strictly forbid players from betting...and he did it anyway.

I'm aware of all that. I'm just making the observation that it's taboo in Baseball Inc, whereas elsewhere nobody cares. That says something. About Baseball Inc.

who would win?

Then why are you here?

To add my pithy insight

who would win?

I'm aware of all that. I'm just making the observation that it's taboo in Baseball Inc, whereas elsewhere nobody cares. That says something. About Baseball Inc.

I'd imagine there is a rule in all pro sports forbidding players betting on teams in their own sport.
Makes perfect sense..there have been point shaving scandals in pretty much every pro sport at one time or another..

Forum List

Back