John McCain's sons

Yep. He's a perfect example of everythign wrong with the right right now. A total embarrassment.

I want to see a one-on-one, WOW vs Sealybobo debate.:banghead:

I want ring side seats, but I think McDirt should be included in that bout too!

I think the lives of Americans mean less than nothing to lefties. Whether they're American lefties or lefties from other countries. They think Americans deserve to die, they will do nothing to prevent it....and when our enemies target us, they make excuses for them.

Now AllieBaba, I want you to think long and hard about what you just posted. Show me anyone on here who you consider a "left winger" that has said American's deserve to die. Or anyone you know who has said that.

If you said it, it must be true, right?

Yep. He's a perfect example of everythign wrong with the right right now. A total embarrassment.

I want to see a one-on-one, WOW vs Sealybobo debate.:banghead:
The embarrassment I see here is that people like yourself think it's not being conservative to attack Obama in the same manner Bush has been butchered by the media and Democrats for the last 7 years. You seem to think equality is unfair to Liberals. You are brainwashed!

You will NEVER get Liberals to compromise unless you burn them with their own attacks, too think otherwise is gullible.

Example: When a Republican is busted for some sex scandal, Liberals say Republicans have no moral values, Republicans are hypocrites.
I bet you feel guilty and agree, right?
I'll wait for your response.

You must be young.

You will NEVER get Liberals to compromise unless you burn them with their own attacks, too think otherwise is gullible.
No need to explain. It's already assumed that you'd stoop to the same baseless and farfetched attacks as the extreme looney liberals after you posted a link to an al-Jazeera hit piece to criticize Obama. No one questions your MO, just your credibility.

No need to explain. It's already assumed that you'd stoop to the same baseless and farfetched attacks as the extreme looney liberals after you posted a link to an al-Jazeera hit piece to criticize Obama. No one questions your MO, just your credibility.

Actually a couple of us have question his motives. Because he seems so over the top, we can't help but wonder if he is not a Liberal pretending to be a Far right loon, to perpetuate stereotypes about Conservative and Republicans. :eusa_whistle:

Hmmmm ... I am curious. Now be honest Wow ..... did YOU serve in the military? :eusa_shifty:

Wow has been asked that question many times on here, but like many other questions she is asked, she has evaded the answers.

I think she was a girl scout once, they wear uniforms, does that count?

When will Obama's daughters serve in the Mideast?

By Stephen Foley in New York
Monday, 7 April 2008

MATT YORK/AP

John McCain has reacted angrily to media revelations about his youngest son,
Newspapers in the United States have revealed that John McCain's 19-year-old son, Jimmy, has been serving in Iraq, prompting a furious response from the Republican presidential contender's aides after months of effort to keep his son out of the public spotlight.

This kind of bs is usually dragged out by liberals -not Republicans. So it really surprises me to see a McCain supporter do it. These men are running for President -not their children.

I admire McCain's son's service, but what does it have to do with MCCAIN? It shouldn't even enter the equation in the determination of whether McCain himself is qualified to hold that office. Likewise, the fact that Obama's children aren't in the military shouldn't enter the equation either.

As someone pointed out, Obama's children are highly unlikely to be serving in the military anytime soon. Unlike other countries such as say Iran -we don't conscript 8 and 10 year old kids into the military in the first place.

This kind of bs is usually dragged out by liberals -not Republicans. So it really surprises me to see a McCain supporter do it. These men are running for President -not their children.

I admire McCain's son's service, but what does it have to do with MCCAIN? It shouldn't even enter the equation in the determination of whether McCain himself is qualified to hold that office. Likewise, the fact that Obama's children aren't in the military shouldn't enter the equation either.

As someone pointed out, Obama's children are highly unlikely to be serving in the military anytime soon. Unlike other countries such as say Iran -we don't conscript 8 and 10 year old kids into the military in the first place.

Well said, Who cares if their kids served or not. Stick to the facts about the candidates.

Come to think of it .... did the two of them serve in the military?
bush-twins_thumb.jpg

or how about the THREE of them?

image529204x.jpg

:cuckoo: Remind me again .. your point was?

It doesn't matter very much whether or not Obama served in the military.

It would be useful for him to have had that experience -- but on the other hand, it would be useful for Republicans to have done some community organizing, so that they could understand counter-insurgency techniques, which we will be needing in the kind of wars we will be fighting for the next twenty or thirty years.

Military service is sometimes taken as a proxy for character -- are you the kind of person who is willing to sacrifice for a higher cause? Everything else being equal, this is not a bad test, but, as anyone who has been in the military will know, there are at least some people who go into the military for purely personal reasons, some of whom are in fact of low character. (One of the good things about military service is that it can take people of marginal character and make them a lot better. But this does not always work.)

So far as I can tell, Obama and McCain are, for politicians, relatively honorable men. Both have faults and weaknesses. But we shouldn't be choosing a President on the basis of a character assessment, if in fact there are really great political differences between them. If there are such differences, then these should be key, assuming that neither candidate is a psychopath.

I think that there are big differences between them on domestic policy -- Democratic vs Republican differences -- but on foreign policy, I think that the differences in practice between the two men would be slight.

We are not going to do another Iraq. If we find ourselves in another Iraq anyway, McCain's instincts were and are far better than Bush's, with respect to things like troop numbers, and maintaining our world reputation for decency.

Obama's more leftwing supporters hope that he is secretly as anti-American as they are. But in fact, I believe that, if he becomes President, little will change in our foreign policy. We will slowly withdraw from Iraq, more or less within the constraints laid down by the elected government of that country. So would we under President McCain. We cannot stay if the Iraqis ask us to leave. And we will not precipitately leave, if they ask us to stay, provided progress towards a stable Iraq is evident. We will stay in Afghanistan, and maybe step up our presence there. And more challenges from the radical Islamists will come along, which will have to be met in various ways, one of which involves killing people. Sorry about that, CodePink.

In fact, ever since WWII -- and prematurely under the Democratic President Wilson -- the consensus among those who steer our country has been that we must be a major active player on the world stage. We cannot be indifferent to the kind of regimes that exist in potentially powerful countries. The only true alternative to this sort of foreign policy was advanced by Ron Paul, and is not going to fly.

So, under Obama or McCain, regardless of differences of nuance, the United States will be attempting to restrain, and if possible, to replace, undemocratic regimes in the Middle East. We will not be doing this by invading them, probably. And we will be trying to broker a two-state solution to the Israel/Palestine conflict, and will be therefore taking stick from the mad nationalists on both sides.

Plenty for everyone to be unhappy about. But we have no choice.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back