John McCain's 2008 presidential hopes are dead!!

ThomasPaine

May 17, 2005
I don't know what part of the party McCain thinks he helped himself with but conservatives are calling for his head. Wouldn't have voted for him anyway but this guy just goes out of his way to thwart most Republican political positions. Perhaps he's going to pull a Jeffords and switch parties.

I think that some of you so called conservatives need to take a very deep introspective look at just how far to the right you've gone and how far away from the mainstream of america you are.

SmarterThanYou said:
I think that some of you so called conservatives need to take a very deep introspective look at just how far to the right you've gone and how far away from the mainstream of america you are.

I think you need to take a deep look and realize, We are mainstream america. you just keep going so far to the left you think we are moving right.

Maybe Smarter forgot we had a little referendum on what the American people thought of Republicans only a few months ago.

Seriosly though, Olympia Snow for one could switch parties and the balance of power in the Senate would not change at all. period. She's up for reelection in '06. Might as well defeat her and get an unabashed Dem instead of a RINO.

I think you need to take a deep look and realize, We are mainstream america. you just keep going so far to the left you think we are moving right.
thats not what 40% of america thinks. nothings changed you know. 30% are left, 30% are right, and then theres the middle 40% that have to choose the lesser of two evils.

All I want is that..you know Republicans have never been in this much power ever. I just wish they would get some agenda through instead of constantly grabbing their ankles and taking it in the ass.

theim said:
Maybe Smarter forgot we had a little referendum on what the American people thought of Republicans only a few months ago.
again, you forget about the middle people that have to choose the lesser of two evils.

SmarterThanYou said:
thats not what 40% of america thinks. nothings changed you know. 30% are left, 30% are right, and then theres the middle 40% that have to choose the lesser of two evils.

No, one third are right
One third are wrong
And one third are clueless... :cuckoo:

ScreamingEagle said:
No, one third are right
One third are wrong
And one third are clueless... :cuckoo:
thats pretty stupid. alienate the centrists who are your winning votes by calling them clueless. real smart. :slap:

SmarterThanYou said:
thats pretty stupid. alienate the centrists who are your winning votes by calling them clueless. real smart. :slap:

One could say that is why the Dems lost the last election! I see the Republicans heading down the same road now. They are like the dog that chases cars and finally caught one...now what do they do with it? I consider myself a Republican and a conservative but I am increasingly dismayed by what appears to be a reluctance on the Republicans part to ACT....immigration issues, social security, and host of other issues are not being addressed for the sake of....well, I dont know why they are not being addressed!

I would love to see the time when anybody who runs for office stresses what "the people" want instead of saying and doing whatever it takes to get elected.

I'm afraid "mainstream America" are the people who don't give a damn about anything but day to day occurances and are totally apathetic about anything but thier favorite TV show and/or sports team.

gop_jeff said:
We (the Right) certainly are, and become more so every day.
This is the very reason why you (the right) will lose power someday. You should know by now that the centrists are mainstream america and are very stubborn about being categorized or pushed in right or left direction. The harder you push, the further they will move away from you.

CSM said:
One could say that is why the Dems lost the last election! I see the Republicans heading down the same road now. They are like the dog that chases cars and finally caught one...now what do they do with it? I consider myself a Republican and a conservative but I am increasingly dismayed by what appears to be a reluctance on the Republicans part to ACT....immigration issues, social security, and host of other issues are not being addressed for the sake of....well, I dont know why they are not being addressed!

RINO is what we have at the present time...most real conservatives are bailing out and looking for a new home...one that represents their true conservative values...Independent Conservatives are on the horizon...and please leave off the title clueless and confused...we are the ones who will eventually put America back on track...grab the musketts boys and girls...the war of "1812" Andy Jackson is back on track! :usa:

SmarterThanYou said:
This is the very reason why you (the right) will lose power someday. You should know by now that the centrists are mainstream america and are very stubborn about being categorized or pushed in right or left direction. The harder you push, the further they will move away from you.

On the contrary... it's why the GOP is gaining power across America. The GOP platform is closer to the values of America than the Democratic platform.

gop_jeff said:
I hope he does leave. Good freakin' riddance! :mad:

I gotta agree with that!!! I used to think pretty highly of him,and still have a lot of respect for his service,but cmon,he is nothing but a Republicrat. I told my husband I think he still has a stick up his rear over not getting the nomination for 2000.

Forum List

Back