John McCain was right about us staying in Iraq 100 years

You aren't considering all of the conditions and circumstances that existed and weighed on W's decisions at the time before the invasion.

Did you know that while in our custody Saddam admitted to the FBI about intentionally bluffing and misleading the world to believe he possessed WMD's?

Absolutely he did.

His arch enemy Iran was on his border, and yet he wasn't even allowed to move his ground forces around Iraq. One US analyst famously stated that Iran could take southern Iraq with an ice cream truck with a bull horn.

Could Saddam be confident that the US would come to the aid of Iraq if Iran had invaded during that period?

Iraq went to war with Iran at the US behest.

The US even supplied them with a good amount of weapons to get the job done, most notably chemical weapons.

Then the US attacked Iraq, several times.

Then? Imposed sanctions.

Anyone with even the rudimentary knowledge of the history, knows that Iraq had no WMDs.

The US most certainly knew it.

The Bush administration floated the big bad boogeyman supporting Al Qaeda and capable of using chemical/biological/nuclear weapons against the US.

That was a ridiculous assertion.

But it was "good enough" to get us in there.
True. The foreign relations aspects of the policy of SH are more understandable than Bush ever acknowledged. SH was at serious risk from at least two nations - the US and Iran. He had to try to seem like a hard target to Iran while depending on his former partner (the US) to be rational.

Faint hope!

You aren't considering all of the conditions and circumstances that existed and weighed on W's decisions at the time before the invasion.

Did you know that while in our custody Saddam admitted to the FBI about intentionally bluffing and misleading the world to believe he possessed WMD's?

Absolutely he did.

His arch enemy Iran was on his border, and yet he wasn't even allowed to move his ground forces around Iraq. One US analyst famously stated that Iran could take southern Iraq with an ice cream truck with a bull horn.

Could Saddam be confident that the US would come to the aid of Iraq if Iran had invaded during that period?

Iraq went to war with Iran at the US behest.

The US even supplied them with a good amount of weapons to get the job done, most notably chemical weapons.

Then the US attacked Iraq, several times.

Then? Imposed sanctions.

Anyone with even the rudimentary knowledge of the history, knows that Iraq had no WMDs.

The US most certainly knew it.

The Bush administration floated the big bad boogeyman supporting Al Qaeda and capable of using chemical/biological/nuclear weapons against the US.

That was a ridiculous assertion.

But it was "good enough" to get us in there.

You think you have the answers but you can't answer this one question.

Why DIDN'T Iran attack Iraq after their war if they knew Saddam was bluffing about having WMD's?

Why DIDN'T Iran attack Iraq after their war if they knew Saddam was bluffing about having WMD's?
My point was that Iraq had legitimate national security concerns about Iran, especially given Iraq's highly weakened condition and the military restrictions we had in place.

Your question doesn't address that.

April 10, 2008

Distorting McCain on "100 years" in Iraq

Here's what McCain actually said:

QUESTIONER: President Bush has talked about our staying in Iraq for 50 years --

McCAIN: Maybe a hundred.

QUESTIONER: Is that -- is that --

McCAIN: We've been in South Korea -- we've been in Japan for 60 years. We've been in South Korea for 50 years or so. That'd be fine with me as long as Americans --

QUESTIONER: So that's your policy?

McCAIN: -- As long as Americans are not being injured or harmed or wounded or killed, then it's fine with me. I hope it would be fine with you if we maintain a presence in a very volatile part of the world where Al Qaeda is training, recruiting, and equipping and motivating people every single day.

Distorting McCain on "100 years" in Iraq - Brendan Nyhan

Johnny Mac was right.

The American left wing was wrong.

If we'd left a large enough force to combat the ISIS ajoles in Iraq now we wouldn't have much to be concerned with in Iraq today.

Putting hundreds of thousands of American troops into the middle of a religious war that has lasted over a thousand years to protect people we don't know and who want us dead.

Just the time we spent already cost over three trillion. And at least another three trillion taking care of young Americans 50 years into the future who were maimed in Iraq.

If right wingnut America only cared about Americans the way they care about suicide bombing Jihadists, this would be a different country.

You are so fucking stupid.

April 10, 2008

Johnny Mac was right.

If we'd left a large enough force to combat the ISIS ajoles in Iraq now we wouldn't have much to be concerned with in Iraq today.

Putting hundreds of thousands of American troops into the middle of a religious war that has lasted over a thousand years to protect people we don't know and who want us dead.

Just the time we spent already cost over three trillion. And at least another three trillion taking care of young Americans maimed in Iraq.

If right wingnut America only cared about Americans the way the care about suicide bombing Jihadists, this would be a different country.

Israel doesn't want us dead.

April 10, 2008

Johnny Mac was right.

Just the time we spent already cost over three trillion. And at least another three trillion taking care of young Americans 50 years into the future who were maimed in Iraq.

If right wingnut America only cared about Americans the way they care about suicide bombing Jihadists, this would be a different country.

I'm so fucking stupid, eh?

Okay, what happens with your brilliant scenario after we follow your advice and don't try to influence the actions in the M.E.?

Lay it out for us as detailed as you wish and projecting out in time as far as you wish.

My point was that Iraq had legitimate national security concerns about Iran, especially given Iraq's highly weakened condition and the military restrictions we had in place.

Your question doesn't address that.

Oh, didn't you read or watch FBI agent George Piro, Saddam's FBI interrogator's interview on CBS 60 Minutes?

I thought I posted it for you all.

Okay, here it is again.

Interrogator Shares Saddam's Confessions - CBS News

As I recall, Special Agent Piro specifically mentions Iran and how Saddam perceived them.

You'll tell me if I'm mistaken, won't you?

If you disagree with something I said, then state that disagreement.

I'm not going to listen to all those programs in hope of detecting what you think is both important and not consistent with what I said.

Forum List

Back