John McCain shoulda picked Arnold Schwarzenegger as his running mate....

kane3o1

Sep 29, 2008
He's the current Governor of California, more experience, more popular then Palin, etc.

The Terminator>>>>>>>>>palin

He's the current Governor of California, more experience, more popular then Palin, etc.

The Terminator>>>>>>>>>palin

Arnold would have been even worse than Palin. As bad as Palin is, a 72 year old president with a VP who can't Constitutionally become president is even worse.

Arnold can't be vice pres because he can't be pres.

exactly right! I guess someone skipped their civics class if they think Arnold can be Prez... personally, I don't even think he should've been allowed to be governor but that's JMO

I happen to like the Governator a person but you have two issues with this one. The first issue is , did anyone happen to notice the state that recently wanted to go to the Fed for a bailout and who that state is run by? The other issue you have with this one is Arnold cannot be VP as he does not mee the qualifications to be President i.e. was not born a U.S. citizen as Skull mentioned.

I happen to like the Governator a person but you have two issues with this one. The first issue is , did anyone happen to notice the state that recently wanted to go to the Fed for a bailout and who that state is run by? The other issue you have with this one is Arnold cannot be VP as he does not mee the qualifications to be President i.e. was not born a U.S. citizen as Skull mentioned.

Which is funny considering how many of our first presidents were not born U.S citizens.

I think we should get rid of that but obviously only U.S Citizens should be President.

Which is funny considering how many of our first presidents were not born U.S citizens.

I think we should get rid of that but obviously only U.S Citizens should be President.

Have you EVER read the Constitution? I suspect not or you wouldn't have posted this.

Have you EVER read the Constitution? I suspect not or you wouldn't have posted this.

I have read the Constitution and I have read the clause that allowed the men to be President.

I just found it funny is all, no need to make a federal case about it RGS.

Allowed?

No person except a natural born citizen, or a citizen of the United States, at the time of the adoption of this Constitution, shall be eligible to the office of President; neither shall any person be eligible to that office who shall not have attained to the age of thirty five years, and been fourteen Years a resident within the United States.

LII: Constitution

Pretty damn simple and LOOK the EXACT same concept. Now go ahead name some foreigner that has ever been President.

exactly right! I guess someone skipped their civics class if they think Arnold can be Prez... personally, I don't even think he should've been allowed to be governor but that's JMO

Would you have preferred Gary Coleman?

Had McCain convinced Colin Powell to run with him, he would be the president.

I give no endorsement of Colin Powell whatsoever .. who I think should have faced the firing squad for knowingly sending brave young men and women off to die in a war HE KNEW was a fraud.

However, had McCain convinced Powell he would have won.

Should have promised that traitorious motherfucker 29 virgins, or his first born.

Had McCain convinced Colin Powell to run with him, he would be the president.

I give no endorsement of Colin Powell whatsoever .. who I think should have faced the firing squad for knowingly sending brave young men and women off to die in a war HE KNEW was a fraud.

However, had McCain convinced Powell he would have won.

Should have promised that traitorious motherfucker 29 virgins, or his first born.

Really? You just refered to Colin Powell as a "traitorous motherfucker"? You just made the dumbass list.

Really? You just refered to Colin Powell as a "traitorous motherfucker"? You just made the dumbass list.

Serious question .. do you honestly think I give a fuck about a blip on my screen like you putting me on some stupid ass list?

What are you, 12 years old?

If you'd like to demonstrate why Powell shouldn't be called a traitorous motherfucker .. please step up and see if you can.

Serious question .. do you honestly think I give a fuck about a blip on my screen like you putting me on some stupid ass list?

What are you, 12 years old?

If you'd like to demonstrate why Powell shouldn't be called a traitorous motherfucker .. please step up and see if you can.

Burden of proof is on you. You made the charge.

Here, I'll do your research for you. Treason is defined in TITLE 18, PART I, CHAPTER 115, § 2381 of the US Code.

Burden of proof is on you. You made the charge.

Here, I'll do your research for you. Treason is defined in TITLE 18, PART I, CHAPTER 115, § 2381 of the US Code.

Fair enough, but I hardly need you to do my research for me.

Now He Tell Us

On Monday, former Secretary of State Colin Powell told me that he and his department's top experts never believed that Iraq posed an imminent nuclear threat, but that the president followed the misleading advice of Vice President Dick Cheney and the CIA in making the claim. Now he tells us.

---

"The CIA was pushing the aluminum tube argument heavily and Cheney went with that instead of what our guys wrote," Powell said. And the Niger reference in Bush's State of the Union speech? "That was a big mistake," he said. "It should never have been in the speech. I didn't need Wilson to tell me that there wasn't a Niger connection. He didn't tell us anything we didn't already know. I never believed it."
Now He Tells Us | War on Iraq | AlterNet

Powell knew these allegations were false, yet he remained silent even though he knew innocent people were being killed, including many of the soldiers he swears he loves so much.

Let's hear the he was just being a good boy defense .. see if that comforts anyone who has lost a loved one to this bullshit made up war.

When he went before the UN, he went knowing the key pieces of evidence and analysis FROM HIS OWN DEPARTMENT had been removed from his flawed and concocted presentation.

"Powell's Feb. 5, 2003, speech to the U.N. Security Council was crafted by the CIA at the behest of the White House. Intended to be the Bush administration's most compelling case by one of its most credible spokesmen that a confrontation with Saddam Hussein was necessary, the speech has become a central moment in the lead-up to war.

The speech also has become a point of reference in the failure of U.S. intelligence. Although Powell has said he struggled to ensure that all of his arguments were sound and backed by intelligence from several sources, it nonetheless became a key example of how the administration advanced false claims to justify war.

"It turned out that the sourcing was inaccurate and wrong, and in some cases deliberately misleading, and for that I am disappointed and I regret it," Powell said in May. A State Department spokesman said late Wednesday, however, that the United States made the right decision "to go into Iraq, and the world today is safer because we did."

Offering the first detailed look at claims that were stripped from the case for war advanced by Powell, a Jan. 31, 2003, memo cataloged 38 claims to which State Department analysts objected. In response, 28 were either removed from the draft or altered, according to the Senate report, which was released Friday and included scathing criticism of the CIA and other U.S. intelligence services.

Flaws Cited in Powell's U.N. Speech on Iraq

Powell presented the "most compelling" evidence in the case for war .. evidence he knew was doctored. His aura of intelligence was used to initiate a disaster that would leave a trail of death and destruction.

Knowingly presenting false evidence to send American troops off to die is, from my perspective, a traitorous act. He was a traitor to his country and to the soldiers he helped send to their deaths.

What is my perspective .. I have a daughter who has served 3 tours in Iraq.

If you know anything of Powell's history, you should know he has a history of being a good boy. Inform yourself of the MyLai Incident during Vietnam if you don't already know.

What you posted was the legal definition of treason, not the definition of treachery or a traitorous act.

Last edited:
Fair enough, but I hardly need you to do my research for me.

Now He Tell Us

On Monday, former Secretary of State Colin Powell told me that he and his department's top experts never believed that Iraq posed an imminent nuclear threat, but that the president followed the misleading advice of Vice President Dick Cheney and the CIA in making the claim. Now he tells us.

---

"The CIA was pushing the aluminum tube argument heavily and Cheney went with that instead of what our guys wrote," Powell said. And the Niger reference in Bush's State of the Union speech? "That was a big mistake," he said. "It should never have been in the speech. I didn't need Wilson to tell me that there wasn't a Niger connection. He didn't tell us anything we didn't already know. I never believed it."
Now He Tells Us | War on Iraq | AlterNet

Powell knew these allegations were false, yet he remained silent even though he knew innocent people were being killed, including many of the soldiers he swears he loves so much.

Let's hear the he was just being a good boy defense .. see if that comforts anyone who has lost a loved one to this bullshit made up war.

When he went before the UN, he went knowing the key pieces of evidence and analysis FROM HIS OWN DEPARTMENT had been removed from his flawed and concocted presentation.

"Powell's Feb. 5, 2003, speech to the U.N. Security Council was crafted by the CIA at the behest of the White House. Intended to be the Bush administration's most compelling case by one of its most credible spokesmen that a confrontation with Saddam Hussein was necessary, the speech has become a central moment in the lead-up to war.

The speech also has become a point of reference in the failure of U.S. intelligence. Although Powell has said he struggled to ensure that all of his arguments were sound and backed by intelligence from several sources, it nonetheless became a key example of how the administration advanced false claims to justify war.

"It turned out that the sourcing was inaccurate and wrong, and in some cases deliberately misleading, and for that I am disappointed and I regret it," Powell said in May. A State Department spokesman said late Wednesday, however, that the United States made the right decision "to go into Iraq, and the world today is safer because we did."

Offering the first detailed look at claims that were stripped from the case for war advanced by Powell, a Jan. 31, 2003, memo cataloged 38 claims to which State Department analysts objected. In response, 28 were either removed from the draft or altered, according to the Senate report, which was released Friday and included scathing criticism of the CIA and other U.S. intelligence services.

Flaws Cited in Powell's U.N. Speech on Iraq

Powell presented the "most compelling" evidence in the case for war .. evidence he knew was doctored. His aura of intelligence was used to initiate a disaster that would leave a trail of death and destruction.

Knowingly presenting false evidence to send American troops off to die is, from my perspective, a traitorous act. He was a traitor to his country and to the soldiers he helped send to their deaths.

What is my perspective .. I have a daughter who has served 3 tours in Iraq.

If you know anything of Powell's history, you should know he has a history of being a good boy. Inform yourself of the MyLai Incident during Vietnam if you don't already know.

What you posted was the legal definition of treason, not the definition of treachery or a traitorous act.

Sorry, but I deal in the law. Refering to one as a "traitorous motherfucker" is alledging that said person committed treason. You maintain a difference between the legal definition of treason and a traitorous act, yet there is no difference. Hell, all I need to argue against you is Webster's.

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/traitorous

The definition of traitorous is "guilty or capable of treason." A "traitorous act" is the act of treason. Since treason is defined by the US code, you have accused Powell of a felonious crime, punishable by death.

Now, Powel investigation of My Lai was absolutely a whitewash. It was unethical and probably constituted violations of the UCMJ, but itwasn't traitorous.

Lying to the American people, the UN, and everyone around the World about inteligence that sent us to war with Iraq was yet again unethical, but not traitorous. He has never made war against the US. He hasn't sold or given away state secrets. Nor has he ever given aid and comfort to the enemy.

Feel free to refer to him as an "unethical motherfucker" all you want, but you should be careful about throwing around accusations of treason.

Last edited:
Man did not create Oxygen!Without it man would surely perish!Now put that in a pipe and smoke it!

And as far as running mates go "Arnold can't speak any language ".That is not an accent!That man is a clone!Or either some kind of science experiment.There is no Language ever in the history of man or woman that sounds like that. Ahhh Ahh.What human being speaks like that?

Sorry, but I deal in the law. Refering to one as a "traitorous motherfucker" is alledging that said person committed treason. You maintain a difference between the legal definition of treason and a traitorous act, yet there is no difference. Hell, all I need to argue against you is Webster's.

traitorous - Definition from the Merriam-Webster Online Dictionary

The definition of traitorous is "guilty or capable of treason." A "traitorous act" is the act of treason. Since treason is defined by the US code, you have accused Powell of a felonious crime, punishable by death.

Now, Powel investigation of My Lai was absolutely a whitewash. It was unethical and probably constituted violations of the UCMJ, but itwasn't traitorous.

Lying to the American people, the UN, and everyone around the World about inteligence that sent us to war with Iraq was yet again unethical, but not traitorous. He has never made war against the US. He hasn't sold or given away state secrets. Nor has he ever given aid and comfort to the enemy.

Feel free to refer to him as an "unethical motherfucker" all you want, but you should be careful about throwing around accusations of treason.

No, YOU feel free to call him unethical, an American hero, or anything YOU choose to call him, and feel free to stick to the legal definition if you choose.

I'm free to call him exactly what I think he is.

Fair enough?

Forum List

Back