John McCain says 'no' to raising

Manuel

Jan 7, 2008
Sydney
Republican John McCain today ruled out raising taxes if he is elected president, and rejected suggestions that he had flip-flopped on the issue.

In recent days, the presidential campaign of Democrat Barack Obama has argued that McCain had originally opposed any tax increase, but had opened the door to a higher payroll tax to fund Social Security in recent interviews.

John McCain says 'no' to raising taxes - Los Angeles Times

I think he may be making a mistake here. SS taxes may indeed need to be raised, not matter how much it pains me to say it. We simply can not just keep cutting benifits, and raising the retirment age to keep it solvent. Eventualy the tax will have to go up.

I think he may be making a mistake here. SS taxes may indeed need to be raised, not matter how much it pains me to say it. We simply can not just keep cutting benifits, and raising the retirment age to keep it solvent. Eventualy the tax will have to go up.

Bush the Lesser has left us with a huge debt. Taxes are going to have to be raised to pay that off, and as Sir Charles says, SS taxes too.

Social Security is hopeless, we need to take care of todays seniors and stop trying to recoup 2 trillion dollars in stolen SS funds. While raising SS taxes would prolong the inevitable, the SS trust fund has become a slush fund to take from for general programs. I have paid into SS my whole adult working life, I would rather the government level with the American people. Tell us that Entitlement spending would consume all of our current budget if the current track continues and wean the country off of these debt drivers.

Forum List

Back