John McCain is only 43 electoral votes away from the presidency

we'll see...

according to this site

Electoral-vote.com: President, Senate, House Updated Daily

there is only a two electoral vote difference... right now McCain has the lead... for the first time since...well forever from what I can tell...

some of these states are too close to call yet and the ones that McCain holds a slight lead in like NM have traditionally gone Democratic and that's 5 electoral votes right there so McCain could win all the states he's listed as leading, including FL and if NM flips to Obama in November Obama wins the presidency.....

add in states like NV which have split their votes evenly...92/94 Clinton 00/04 Bush and it's hard to say which way it will shake out come election day...that's another 5 electoral votes on the line.

moral to this story... don't go celebrating that victory just yet....

McCain has made some serious blunders this week with the lipstick on a pig outrage and then Palin's interview could very well scare people into switching to Obama.....

Check back next week and let's see how the picture looks.

No victory parties here, I don't put any stock in media spin or polls. There is a significant middle ground which is still up for grabs. The candidate who will win will be the one who can convince the undecideds that their vision and plan for America will at best improve their lives or at worst not have any effect.

If there's one thing that you can count on in this election it is that it will be like no other election before it. The polls are all based on voting demograhics from the 2000 & 2004 elections. The pollsters have no basis for calculating the changes in the demograhics.

For one thing, the percent of African American voters. There is no way to calculate that. In most elections African American turnout is low. In this election, it's bound to be very high. But no one can say how high and they can't just take a wild guess so they stick with the demographics from earlier elections.

The second uncalculatable demographic is young voters with no land lines. There is no way to poll them, no samples can be taken, so any 'weigting would be a wild guess - not very likely.

I suggest that you take a look at:

Demographics map electroral college calculator race gender religion voting patterns - Boston.com

I agree that a lot can happen. But with only 56 days left and Palin's entry into the race, the momentum is definitely on the McCain campaign.

What can Obama possibly do at the moment? He has pulled all of his rabbits out of his hat. His campaign is out of fuel. He has revisited the "hope and change" rhetoric, one too many times. It is now an empty refrain.

John McCain's VP momentum can continue into election day and thus win him the Presidency.

The Obama camp seems to be on a down-swing and may not be able to recover from it, in time for election day.

You're still speculating that Obama has already lost based on what seems to be wishful thinking. As an Obama supporter I'm really not too worried about him losing just yet.

You're still speculating that Obama has already lost based on what seems to be wishful thinking. As an Obama supporter I'm really not too worried about him losing just yet.

No, I am not speculating. I am reporting things as they are. And you must admit, it is not looking very good for Obama. His campaign is in a decline, while more and more supporters, Independents and one in five of Hillary Clinton's voters, have made up their minds to support the McCain/Palin ticket. That spells trouble for Obama.

It is a little early to write Obama's obituary, but it seems looming.

remarkable to me how the Obama supporters just accept that even if he wins, he'll get nowhere near the 370 EVs Clinton got in '92

considering historically low Bush approval ratings, weak economy, and bad war execution, this is pathetically close, even if O ekes it out

O's campaign is a strategic disaster

Pauses, uh's, umms. Really embarassing for a Presidential candidate.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Uo6DGpVdOw]YouTube - John McCain stumbles on Palin's National Security Experience[/ame]

I count 17 uh's in 2:37 video

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dl7G7bLE8hw&feature=related]YouTube - mccain stumbles and fumbles on woman issues[/ame]

8 second pause when asked a question

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OUTzY3nywOI&feature=related]YouTube - McCain Stumbles on Fox & Friends[/ame]

called the media jerks and then rambles

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AdNBod154PI&feature=related]YouTube - INFAMOUS MCCAIN SPEECH[/ame]

:lol: nice creepy smile he's got there

the thing I notice with McCain is that he never ACTUALLY answers anything... and he follows it up with that smile that I guess he thinks will make people forget he's not really said anything of importance.

I find it very interesting that you'd pick a president based on a speech inflection instead of the character of a person

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ChIX-XHlZFw&feature=related]YouTube - CNN Talks With John McCain About His Extramarital Affairs[/ame]

YouTube - John McCain stumbles on Palin's National Security Experience

I count 17 uh's in 2:37 video

YouTube - mccain stumbles and fumbles on woman issues

8 second pause when asked a question

YouTube - McCain Stumbles on Fox & Friends

called the media jerks and then rambles

YouTube - INFAMOUS MCCAIN SPEECH

:lol: nice creepy smile he's got there

the thing I notice with McCain is that he never ACTUALLY answers anything... and he follows it up with that smile that I guess he thinks will make people forget he's not really said anything of importance.

I find it very interesting that you'd pick a president based on a speech inflection instead of the character of a person

YouTube - CNN Talks With John McCain About His Extramarital Affairs

On the contrary. I have said it from day one, that Obama is not ready to become the President of the United States. As his campaign continued, my predictions are correct.

Fact: Obama has been a US Senator for 3 years. Half of that time was spent on the campaign trail, so he actually fulfilled his job requirements, only 1 1/2 years.

Fact: He voted "present" at legislative hearings, 132 times. Refusing to take a stand on the issues.

Fact: He associated himself with a well known, unrepentant terrorist - Bill Ayers.

Fact: Supported the banning of DC handguns when the court ruled that it was illegal. Then when the ruling was reversed, he changed his mind and agreed with the court's decision. A total fip-flopping on the issues.

Fact: Sat in Rev. Wright's church for 20 years and claimed that he has no knowledge that he spewed hate from the pulpit. Give me a f....g break.

Fact: His razor thin resume, with no major legislative accomplishments.

So I have ample reasons to believe that he is not capable to run this country. I could not care if he stuttered. He just does not have the job experience to back us his candidacy for President.

Last edited:
No, I am not speculating. I am reporting things as they are. And you must admit, it is not looking very good for Obama. His campaign is in a decline, while more and more supporters, Independents and one in five of Hillary Clinton's voters, have made up their minds to support the McCain/Palin ticket. That spells trouble for Obama.

It is a little early to write Obama's obituary, but it seems looming.

I'm not admiting anything just yet. Public opinion and polls swing like the breeze, and the debates can cause them to swing also. All I've seen you state is Republican talking point about why Obama "seems" to be down a few points and that you think Clear Politics has declared the winner.

All I've seen you state is Republican talking point about why Obama "seems" to be down a few points and that you think Clear Politics has declared the winner.

Alright, don't believe me or Clear Politics. Just wait until election day.

Alright, don't believe me or Clear Politics. Just wait until election day.

Don't bother.

OBAMA VICTORY
Liberals: We won! We have a mandate to surrender Iraq and prosecute Chimpler McBushburton!!!

McCAIN VICTORY
Liberals: They stole 3 elections in a row!!! Quick, call the UN!!!

The Obama who gives a speech and the Obama who appears in interviews are like two different Obamas. The one in the speeches is flawless. The one in the interviews is like a retard. Pauses, uh's, umms. Really embarassing for a Presidential candidate.

John McCain may not be the greatest orator, but never lacking in words. I will take that over Mr. Teleprompter.

you have a lot of nerve saying anything about the way Obama speaks if you're planning on casting your ballot for someone who doesn't know what the Bush Doctrine is....

just sayin'

I'm not admiting anything just yet. Public opinion and polls swing like the breeze, and the debates can cause them to swing also. All I've seen you state is Republican talking point about why Obama "seems" to be down a few points and that you think Clear Politics has declared the winner.

yeah, they were doing the same thing even when obama was way ahead in electoral votes.... lol.

pretty pathetic, actually.

you have a lot of nerve saying anything about the way Obama speaks if you're planning on casting your ballot for someone who doesn't know what the Bush Doctrine is....

just sayin'

No, not nerves. I just happen to be the kind of person who calls a spade a spade.

The lack of commentary on voting demographics speaks worlds of who is in a state of denial.

Face it, this election is over. McCain/Palin doesn't stand a chance. Clinton's prediction of a 49 state Obama landslide seems alot more likely than any McCain victory.

The wingers can argue all they want, but deep inside they're squirming becuase they know it's true!

The lack of commentary on voting demographics speaks worlds of who is in a state of denial.

Face it, this election is over. McCain/Palin doesn't stand a chance. Clinton's prediction of a 49 state Obama landslide seems alot more likely than any McCain victory.

The wingers can argue all they want, but deep inside they're squirming becuase they know it's true!

I think that a more accurate statement would be, "that this election seems over for Obama".

I don't agree with that either. It's close... very close. The debates will be the final determining factor.... Also, no one's polled the cell-phone generation and how they vote and IF they vote is going to speak volumes.

I think 49 states is a fantasy... I'll be happy with enough electoral votes to keep sawwah bawwacuda as far as possible from the white house.

Forum List

Back