John McCain is only 43 electoral votes away from the presidency

cristal

Aug 29, 2008
According to Clear Politics electoral map, John McCain is only 43 electoral votes away from the Presidency. Just a few days ago, Obama was leading with 217 electoral votes to John McCain 187 electoral votes. Now, John McCain has taken the lead with 227 electoral votes and just 96 votes in the "toss-up" states. Obama's electoral votes of 217, remains unchanged.

Unless there is some revelation of misdeeds from the John McCain camp, he is poised to become our 44th President.

From all intents and purpose, is appears as if Obama's reach of the brass ring, is being denied by the voters. Maybe he can try again to reclaim the Presidency in 2012. For now, the American voters seems prepared for a McCain/Palin presidency.

I say, welcome President McCain!

Obammy's gonna be spending some money in states he thought were in the bag.

Maybe they were ---- before Palin entered the race. The Obama camp was thrown a curve ball and now their carefully structured plans will now have to be re-assessed.

According to Clear Politics electoral map, John McCain is only 43 electoral votes away from the Presidency. Just a few days ago, Obama was leading with 217 electoral votes to John McCain 187 electoral votes. Now, John McCain has taken the lead with 227 electoral votes and just 96 votes in the "toss-up" states. Obama's electoral votes of 217, remains unchanged.

Unless there is some revelation of misdeeds from the John McCain camp, he is poised to become our 44th President.

From all intents and purpose, is appears as if Obama's reach of the brass ring, is being denied by the voters. Maybe he can try again to reclaim the Presidency in 2012. For now, the American voters seems prepared for a McCain/Palin presidency.

I say, welcome President McCain!

I see the tea leaves readers are out in full force. :lol:

50 days before the election is not the time for Obama to be in a freefall. He done peaked too soon. :D

50 days before the election is not the time for Obama to be in a freefall. He done peaked too soon. :D

Or McCain did, his lying is going to cost him.

Let's face it, which ever canidate fatrs last in public loses the election

Don't forget his other phrase of "hold on"! "Let me explain". Which takes forever to explain.

The Obama camp seems to be running out of words.

Because Mumbles McCain is so much better?

I rather see him take the time to explain everything he says then this:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GEtZlR3zp4c]YouTube - McCain's YouTube Problem Just Became a Nightmare[/ame]

we'll see...

according to this site

Electoral-vote.com: President, Senate, House Updated Daily

there is only a two electoral vote difference... right now McCain has the lead... for the first time since...well forever from what I can tell...

some of these states are too close to call yet and the ones that McCain holds a slight lead in like NM have traditionally gone Democratic and that's 5 electoral votes right there so McCain could win all the states he's listed as leading, including FL and if NM flips to Obama in November Obama wins the presidency.....

add in states like NV which have split their votes evenly...92/94 Clinton 00/04 Bush and it's hard to say which way it will shake out come election day...that's another 5 electoral votes on the line.

moral to this story... don't go celebrating that victory just yet....

McCain has made some serious blunders this week with the lipstick on a pig outrage and then Palin's interview could very well scare people into switching to Obama.....

Check back next week and let's see how the picture looks.

Because Mumbles McCain is so much better?

I rather see him take the time to explain everything he says then this:

YouTube - McCain's YouTube Problem Just Became a Nightmare

The Obama who gives a speech and the Obama who appears in interviews are like two different Obamas. The one in the speeches is flawless. The one in the interviews is like a retard. Pauses, uh's, umms. Really embarassing for a Presidential candidate.

John McCain may not be the greatest orator, but never lacking in words. I will take that over Mr. Teleprompter.

we'll see...

according to this site

Electoral-vote.com: President, Senate, House Updated Daily

there is only a two electoral vote difference... right now McCain has the lead... for the first time since...well forever from what I can tell...

some of these states are too close to call yet and the ones that McCain holds a slight lead in like NM have traditionally gone Democratic and that's 5 electoral votes right there so McCain could win all the states he's listed as leading, including FL and if NM flips to Obama in November Obama wins the presidency.....

add in states like NV which have split their votes evenly...92/94 Clinton 00/04 Bush and it's hard to say which way it will shake out come election day...that's another 5 electoral votes on the line.

moral to this story... don't go celebrating that victory just yet....

McCain has made some serious blunders this week with the lipstick on a pig outrage and then Palin's interview could very well scare people into switching to Obama.....

Check back next week and let's see how the picture looks.

No victory speeches - at least not yet. Just reporting the cold hard facts.

Last edited:
I know it is a little early, but the path to victory is becoming clearer and clearer for John McCain. While Obama's path seems murkier and murkier.

I'll agree that McCain seems to be doing better but I've been through enough of these elections to know that a lot can happen between now and the time we cast our votes to sway public opinion.

The Obama who gives a speech and the Obama who appears in interviews are like two different Obamas. The one in the speeches is flawless. The one in the interviews is like a retard. Pauses, uh's, umms. Really embarassing for a Presidential candidate.

John McCain may not be the greatest orator, but never lacking in words. I will take that over Mr. Teleprompter.

Did you watch the video? McCain stumbled when he had to answer questions that were tough.

I'll agree that McCain seems to be doing better but I've been through enough of these elections to know that a lot can happen between now and the time we cast our votes to sway public opinion.

I agree that a lot can happen. But with only 56 days left and Palin's entry into the race, the momentum is definitely with the McCain campaign.

What can Obama possibly do at the moment? He has pulled all of his rabbits out of his hat. His campaign is out of fuel. He has revisited the "hope and change" rhetoric, one too many times. It is now an empty refrain.

John McCain's VP momentum can continue into election day and thus win him the Presidency.

The Obama camp seems to be on a down-swing and may not be able to recover from it, in time for election day.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back