John Lewis at Edmund Pettis Bridge...He Got Pushed Down

Bush92

GHBush1992
May 23, 2014
Civil Rights icon and professional big mouth Congressmen John Lewis likes to tout how his "saw death" coming toward him and that he was "beaten" at the Edmund Pettis bridge. Watch the footage. He got pushed down. Oh my! The horror of it all! Also, contrary to what the narrator said, the nation did not watch in shocked horror. The vast majority were in favor of law and order and the marchers were doing this without a permit in violation of the law. They were asked nicely to disperse. They did not.

Unfortunately, Civil Rights Leaders have turned their heroic efforts into political and economic personal benefit. After building a people up they spend their time tearing down others today.

C2JY-ybXcAIMHWU.jpg

sncc-leader-john-lewis-clubbed-by-alabama-state-trooper-in-selma-march-7-1965.jpg

LOL....accidentally fell and cracked his skull

Unfortunately, Civil Rights Leaders have turned their heroic efforts into political and economic personal benefit. After building a people up they spend their time tearing down others today.

They had folks attempting to tear them down then just as they have you today.

Civil Rights icon and professional big mouth Congressmen John Lewis likes to tout how his "saw death" coming toward him and that he was "beaten" at the Edmund Pettis bridge. Watch the footage. He got pushed down. Oh my! The horror of it all! Also, contrary to what the narrator said, the nation did not watch in shocked horror. The vast majority were in favor of law and order and the marchers were doing this without a permit in violation of the law. They were asked nicely to disperse. They did not.

But they had nicely asked if they could register to vote

I've got no issues recognizing Lewis for what he did then. He deserves that recognition.

But that has nothing to do with what his mouth is doing today.

Heroes say and do stupid shit too and in this case Lewis is simply wrong....

Here's a silly question..

Why, over 50 years after that Civil Rights march, and after 30 years of John Lewis being in Congress, is that bridge still named after a KKK Grand Dragon?

They can get rid of the Stars and Bars, but not rename a bridge?

It was so noted. They were asked to go back to Church. Voting Rights Act was being put into place. They just wanted to pander for the camera's. Have to remember SCLC, SNCC,CORE, NAACP, Black Muslims were all in competition to be the lead element of Civil Rights Movement.

It was so noted. They were asked to go back to Church. Voting Rights Act was being put into place. They just wanted to pander for the camera's. Have to remember SCLC, SNCC,CORE, NAACP, Black Muslims were all in competition to be the lead element of Civil Rights Movement.

Please sir......I'd like to vote

Give him the club

Here's a silly question..

Why, over 50 years after that Civil Rights march, and after 30 years of John Lewis being in Congress, is that bridge still named after a KKK Grand Dragon?

They can get rid of the Stars and Bars, but not rename a bridge?
They could be PC and name it..."Bridge."

Please sir......I'd like to vote

Give him the club

Act was being implemented. They just wanted to stir shit.

New Topics

Forum List

Back