John Lackey Divorcing Wife Battling Cancer

Article 15

Dr. House slayer
Jul 4, 2008
The gossip web site TMZ has reported Red Sox pitcher John Lackey has filed for divorce from his wife, Krista.

The report cites court documents filed in Texas on Aug. 30, and indicates the couple had a prenuptial agreement.

Krista has been undergoing treatment for breast cancer.

Report: John Lackey files for divorce - The Buzz - Boston.com sports news

Boston Red Sox pitcher John Lackey has filed to divorce his wife, Krista ... who is in the middle of battling breast cancer.

Lackey filed on August 30, according to court docs in Texas, claiming "the marriage has become insupportable because of discord or conflict of personalities." Krista and John got married in November, 2008.

Sources close to the family tell TMZ ... Krista underwent a double mastectomy back in March and underwent chemo as recently as June.

The divorce petition says John and Krista had a prenup. It also says Lackey has "separate property" he wants to keep for himself.

Boston Red Sox Pitcher John Lackey Divorcing Wife Battling Cancer | TMZ.com

This explains a lot.

The gossip web site TMZ has reported Red Sox pitcher John Lackey has filed for divorce from his wife, Krista.

The report cites court documents filed in Texas on Aug. 30, and indicates the couple had a prenuptial agreement.

Krista has been undergoing treatment for breast cancer.

Report: John Lackey files for divorce - The Buzz - Boston.com sports news

Boston Red Sox pitcher John Lackey has filed to divorce his wife, Krista ... who is in the middle of battling breast cancer.

Lackey filed on August 30, according to court docs in Texas, claiming "the marriage has become insupportable because of discord or conflict of personalities." Krista and John got married in November, 2008.

Sources close to the family tell TMZ ... Krista underwent a double mastectomy back in March and underwent chemo as recently as June.

The divorce petition says John and Krista had a prenup. It also says Lackey has "separate property" he wants to keep for himself.

Boston Red Sox Pitcher John Lackey Divorcing Wife Battling Cancer | TMZ.com

This explains a lot.

I try not to judge. His absence may just help her in the battle with cancer; one never knows...

This explains a lot.
Explains a lot of what? They were married a relatively short time and found they're not compatable.

They have to stay together because of the cancer? :confused:

If my ex-wife got cancer I wouldn't fall back in love with her.

I was thinking more along the lines of him being the worst starter in baseball and his general abrasiveness with everyone ever since he arrived here but yeah divorcing your cancer ridden wife doesn't exactly scream awesome guy either.

its hard to know the truth unless you really know them.

Just becasue a person gets cancer it doesnt make them a saint of the human being.

Hard times test relationships , theirs did not pass the test.

This explains a lot.
Explains a lot of what? They were married a relatively short time and found they're not compatable.

They have to stay together because of the cancer? :confused:

If my ex-wife got cancer I wouldn't fall back in love with her.

Jeezzus, the woman is going through a horrendous disease. If they had irrepairable problems before the cancer so be it, but don't file for divorce when she is going through this. He makes millions of dollars, he can afford a comfortable home if he wants to move out!

What happens to the vows. In sickness and health. I dont know about you but I take them to mean something. My husband has stood by me through a lot of illness one that I almost died. He is my hero! And I do the same for him when he is sick and had surgery!

Forum List

Back