John Kyl: "That was not intended to be a factual statement"

Let me get this straight....

The Republicans in here are saying or suggesting that Kyle DID NOT, in fact, lie?

Is that it?

No, in fact you're absolutely wrong. Many Republicans here are saying he addicted to a sweeping exaggerated statement that when questioned he added more context to. Not a single person here was saying the supported him, just that he at least came forward to give more context to something he said, something that became popular to attack.

How’s all 3 of them wars Obama has either started, lied about ending or expanded that have helped kill tens of thousands of people, MarcATL? He still you #1 pick for 2012?

I haven't seen ONE of you people state he outright LIED.

Look at what you just stated "a sweeping exaggerated statement."

Say he lied, because that's EXACTLY what he did.

Until then...you're all a bunch of jokers.

P.S. - This thread ISN'T about Obama BTW

Believe it or not, this is where I wanted you...

Now, he lied... However he did come out and give further context to that lie and not considering that would in fact be another lie when debating his meaning as that's what the OP was about I do believe.

Can you MarcATL admit you lied with your sweeping statements in this very thread? That you are in fact are in the same boat as this Republican guy (that I can't even remember his name because he's that unimportant to me)?

Now lets see who the joker is =D

For the record here is the thread title... "John Kyl: "That was not intended to be a factual statement" So yes, we were in fact debating this guys "meaning" not his lie.

Last edited:
Sweeping exaggerated statement?
Mistake?

What else do repubs call lies? Fantasy based statements? Unintentional unfacts?

You repubs will defend Anything even an outright and admitted liar.

Sweeping exaggerated statement?
Mistake?

What else do repubs call lies? Fantasy based statements? Unintentional unfacts?

You repubs will defend Anything even an outright and admitted liar.

Please try and pay attention. Also please try and keep up. The thread was about "this guy" coming out to give context to his lie when called on it. We have debated just that. You as a Troll want to point out him admitting a lie, his lie but not debate the fact that he is trying to "clear up" or give better understanding to something he said.

If you would like I can start a REALLY dumb thread on Obama (if you like) or Bush (if you like) or both (if you like)... I can prove literally hundreds of times they said things that were "lies."

Obama " Here is what we are not going to do, we are not going to send ground troops into Libya."

Bush "Heh, WMD!"

What liar did you vote for btw? Don’t worry, it will reflect on you as a person is all…

BTW this - "You repubs will defend Anything even an outright and admitted liar." is quoted from you and in fact a sweeping exaggerated statement. You can also decribe it as a fantasy based statement or unintentional unfact. Thank you for owning yourself in your own post.

Last edited:
While I'm not taking sides it's amazing that he tries to "clear up" what he meant and yet the liberal go on a rampage attacking him... Then these same liberals mention nothing of Obama saying no ground troops will be going into Libya only to send them in days later.

Yes, 1 is only a war where the US kills people... Make sure you attack a guy for saying "it was not meant to be taken literally." Kind of like the hypocritical fucks on this very thread saying sweeping statements like....

"You intended a Republican to say something that was a fact? Ha!" ~JFK_USA
“If Republicans weren't lying...they'd have nothing to say.” ~ MarcATL
“Why do Republicans and Conservatives need to lie?” ~Wry Catcher
“Not intended to be a factual statement Means...I intended to lie” ~Rightwinger

Point is, not one of these direct quotes holds an ouce of truth or in other words “can’t be taken as a factual statement.”

If you hear someone say “You’re a fucking retard,” Do you think, that person doesn’t look retarded and is not having sex? No, because it’s a statement that is not meant to be taken fully and literally…

Avory

Your analogy makes no sense. If he had spoken generically and said "A major part of their mission is abortion" He could be excused for not being factual. But when he glances at his paper and says "Over 90% of their mission is abortion" that implies research and was, in fact, an outright lie

First it does not change the fact that you low lives did exactly what you condemned this guy for. Secondly as much as I know about the story (and I REALLY don't care about this small time BS) he comes out to "clear" up what he meant as to be a exaggerated remark not to be taken literally...
Of course, the fact that it is being taken literally by GOP hate radio is not Kyl's fault. They rationalize Kyl's lie by saying all women's services means is abortion.

Alan Simpson Babe on a Roll
April 12, 2011
RUSH: All right, so the Republican Party is full of homophobes, and men should have nothing to say about abortion, even though in many cases in abortion they are the known father, in some cases it's not known, but they shouldn't have any role whatsoever. It's a hideous thing and he doesn't know anybody who's for it. You ever heard of Planned Parenthood, Senator? You ever heard of Margaret Sanger? I mean, Senator, let me tell you something. If you see Planned Parenthood or other leftist organizations advertising, promoting women's health services, you know what that stands for, Senator? You know what women's health services means in the current debate? What were they talking about during this most recent budget battle when they talked about women's health services? It was abortion.

Avory

Your analogy makes no sense. If he had spoken generically and said "A major part of their mission is abortion" He could be excused for not being factual. But when he glances at his paper and says "Over 90% of their mission is abortion" that implies research and was, in fact, an outright lie

First it does not change the fact that you low lives did exactly what you condemned this guy for. Secondly as much as I know about the story (and I REALLY don't care about this small time BS) he comes out to "clear" up what he meant as to be a exaggerated remark not to be taken literally...
Of course, the fact that it is being taken literally by GOP hate radio is not Kyl's fault. They rationalize Kyl's lie by saying all women's services means is abortion.

April 12, 2011
RUSH: All right, so the Republican Party is full of homophobes, and men should have nothing to say about abortion, even though in many cases in abortion they are the known father, in some cases it's not known, but they shouldn't have any role whatsoever. It's a hideous thing and he doesn't know anybody who's for it. You ever heard of Planned Parenthood, Senator? You ever heard of Margaret Sanger? I mean, Senator, let me tell you something. If you see Planned Parenthood or other leftist organizations advertising, promoting women's health services, you know what that stands for, Senator? You know what women's health services means in the current debate? What were they talking about during this most recent budget battle when they talked about women's health services? It was abortion.

This is your rebuttal to many on the left in this very thread doing exactly what you and many others are attacking this guy over? Really?

How's that non Libya war going btw… I can see you uphold justice absolutely regardless of parties lines because you know people believed Obama when he said no ground troops would be involved and that Libya is not a new war for the US… No no, I understand that the statement this Republican said is vastly more important that scamming the US into a third war, Oh we’re totally on the same page there homie.

Last edited:
I don't agree with RW often but he is correct if it is not factual it is a lie. How do you tell when a politician is lying, his lips are moving.

April 12, 2011

This is your rebuttal to many on the left in this very thread doing exactly what you and many others are attacking this guy over? Really?

How's that non Libya war going btw… I can see you uphold justice absolutely regardless of parties lines because you know people believed Obama when he said no ground troops would be involved and that Libya is not a new war for the US… No no, I understand that the statement this Republican said is vastly more important that scamming the US into a third war, Oh we’re totally on the same page there homie.
Way to dodge the fact that Kyl INTENDED his lie, which is now in the congressional record, to be repeated and rationalized on GOP hate radio and spread throughout the country.

GOP hate radio now rationalizes that all women's health services are abortions. Breast exams are abortions, pap smears are abortions, birth control pills are abortions, and on and on and on.

April 12, 2011

Way to dodge the fact that Kyl INTENDED his lie, which is now in the congressional record, to be repeated and rationalized on GOP hate radio and spread throughout the country.

GOP hate radio now rationalizes that all women's health services are abortions. Breast exams are abortions, pap smears are abortions, birth control pills are abortions, and on and on and on.

I didn't dodge anything you simple minded fool. I said it was a lie however we are not debating if he lied or not, we are debating what we take from his statement that his “lie” was not intended to be taken literally.

The problem is not the "Right" it's that the "Left" wants to attack the Republicans on something so bad they are willing to be hypocritical in this thread, they also get off topic over and over again.

Can you even tell me what the point of the thread was so I at least know you read the OP?

You do realize that if the thread was about this guy lying you would have to travel back in time and start a different thread calling him out on his original statement yes? As of this thread he has commented on his "lie" and that is what we are debating, his justification of his wording, not if what he said in the first place is true.

When asked if the original statement made was true I don’t think many would defend his position… However, again, that is backwards in time and not what this thread was about.

And for the fucking record I'm Pro choice... I still don't think Government (tax payers) should be covering the costs of Abortions unless MAYBE (and this opens that fucking door) Rape.

Last edited:

I didn't dodge anything you simple minded fool. I said it was a lie however we are not debating if he lied or not, we are debating what we take from his statement that his “lie” was not intended to be taken literally.
And what I take is he was lying yet again when he said his lie was not meant to be taken literally. Why should anyone believe the liar was suddenly telling the truth???

And what I take is he was lying yet again when he said his lie was not meant to be taken literally. Why should anyone believe the liar was suddenly telling the truth???

Sure, I don’t care, I don’t even know the guy… He might be the biggest fucking liar on the planet however if he said “90% of all” I think of people arguing and saying something like “90% of the time, I’M the one that does all the dishes around here!”

So because he’s a Republican you want him to mean 90% as a fact and believe he lied, fine… I still hear it and go he mean “most of the time” regardless of if that is true or not. As I said I’m pro choice, I don’t give a fuk about the “you kill children” tag lines… I simply don’t think Government should be spending money on it and in the end the constifuckingtution agrees with me on that.

So in the end, did he lie? WHO THE FUCK CARES? We have problems like Iraq/Afghanistan/Libya wars… Like torture/homeland security and HUGE illegal immigration problems… I’m not sure you guys know but there is a HUGE fucking deficit issue too… So PLEASE, don’t talk about anything of substance and focus on this fuckker so that we can get the wonderful belligerent claims from bigots and haters that “all republicans lie, all the time.”

Would it be a factual statement to call Kyle a liar?

I have no idea, usually you call someone liar for lying many times, it's earned. I dono this guy nor do I care too so that means I don't know his truth to lie based history... Do you, without Googling first?

I have no idea, usually you call someone liar for lying many times, it's earned. I dono this guy nor do I care too so that means I don't know his truth to lie based history... Do you, without Googling first?

So, one lie does not make a liar? I must disagree. A lie is a lie is a lie...

Grandstanding on the Senate floor makes it a Big Lie.

Looks like Kyl is a huge joke.
I don't use Twitter, but there are a lot of jokes on there about Kyl.

All of a sudden this fellow hasn't the foggiest if an individual is lying or not. The concept of lying is now foreign to him. The bar has been risen at this time to have a full history of all the facts an individual say or didn't say to determine whether or not the individual is a liar. Had it been a Democrat even making an earnest mistake, this same fellow would most likely have NAILED them to the cross.

CLASSIC!!

:lol:
lol

Last edited:
John Kyl: "That was not intended to be a factual statement"

It's lookin' like Connie Mack IV had a John Kyl-moment!!!!

532.gif

ConnieMack-e1333569960348.jpg

"At a Tea Party forum in Orlando, Mack explained why he didn’t vote on the Ryan budget. “I was here in Florida campaigning,” Mack said. “You know that budget was a joke, doesn’t balance the budget for years

529.gif
529.gif
529.gif
528.gif

Forum List

Back