John Kerry's grades - released

I'm not going to attack either GW or Scarry Kerry for their "D" grade...they both went pretty far regardless...what I find amusing however is I can remember when the job posting for "Air Marshall" was posted the minimum requirement was a Bachelors degree with a 3.5 gpa...

I remember the original "Sky Marshall" position required experience in law enforcement,military and only required two years of college...I was one and now I could not qualify under the new requirements...go figure!

Geez if one qualifies for the highest position in the nation with a low GPA...then why do their underlings require higher standards?... Never mind they are the ones who actually do the work! :rolleyes:

Kathianne said:
And just think, Al Gore's grades were worse than both of theirs. Don't even start on Teddy...

Al gets a free ride though - after all, he did invent the Internet.

Even won an award for it.

-----

http://abcnews.go.com/Technology/wireStory?id=729475

Webby Awards not laughing at Gore's contribution to Net
By The Associated Press

NEW YORK — Al Gore may have been lampooned for taking credit in the Internet's development, but organizers of the Webby Awards for online achievements don't find it funny at all. In part to "set the record straight," they will give Gore a lifetime achievement award for three decades of contributions to the Internet, said Tiffany Shlain, the awards' founder and chairwoman.

"It's just one of those instances someone did amazing work for three decades as congressman, senator and vice president and it got spun around into this political mess," Shlain said.

Vint Cerf, undisputedly one of the Internet's key inventors, will give Gore the award at a June 6 ceremony in New York.

"He is indeed due some thanks and consideration for his early contributions," Cerf said.

Gore, who boasted in a CNN interview he "took the initiative in creating the Internet," was only 21 when the Internet was born out of a Pentagon project.

But after joining Congress eight years later, he promoted high-speed telecommunications for economic growth and supported funding increases for the then-fledging network, according to the International Academy of Digital Arts and Sciences, which presents the annual awards.

He popularized the term "information superhighway" as vice president.

IControlThePast said:
Won the election because his name was Bush and he owned the Rangers.

a worthless waste of a Governor? She was an embarassment to Texas and the nation and a personal hater of his father. Remember the "He can't help it, (George Herbert Walker Bush) he was born with a silver spoon in his mouth" bullshit comment at the 1992 Democratic National Convention? She was a failure as Governor and W beat her square up.. To this day she's an over the top wackjob that was only elected in the first place because Clayton Williams, her opponent, made a huge gaffe statement, very late in the election cycle, about a woman being raped by saying she ought to "just sit back and enjoy it". And then the kooky gal barely won. The Dem's made a mistake in letting her run for reelection. So George won the Governship NOT because of being a Bush, (He'd lost a previous run at Congress) or because he at one time was a part owner of the Rangers, but because she was just, flat out, worthless.

ThomasPaine said:
a worthless waste of a Governor? She was an embarassment to Texas and the nation and a personal hater of his father. Remember the "He can't help it, (George Herbert Walker Bush) he was born with a silver spoon in his mouth" bullshit comment at the 1992 Democratic National Convention? She was a failure as Governor and W beat her square up.. To this day she's an over the top wackjob that was only elected in the first place because Clayton Williams, her opponent, made a huge gaffe statement, very late in the election cycle, about a woman being raped by saying she ought to "just sit back and enjoy it". And then the kooky gal barely won. The Dem's made a mistake in letting her run for reelection. So George won the Governship NOT because of being a Bush, (He'd lost a previous run at Congress) or because he at one time was a part owner of the Rangers, but because she was just, flat out, worthless.

Ok then, Bush won because his opponent was flat out worthless.

Forum List

Back