John Kerry - Why the Long Face?

You'll be sure and let us know when she got a pass on that won't you?

YouTube - Sarah Palin: Africa is a country?

Oh wait.... They got the story wrong.... Maybe....

Palin Africa/Continent Statements Prove to be a Hoax
Alex Knapp | Thursday, November 13, 2008

The New York Times has investigated Fox News’s report that McCain staffers claimed that Sarah Palin did not know that Africa was a continent. As I had suspected, the story was a complete hoax.

It was among the juicier post-election recriminations: Fox News Channel quoted an unnamed McCain campaign figure as saying that Sarah Palin did not know that Africa was a continent.

Who would say such a thing? On Monday the answer popped up on a blog and popped out of the mouth of David Shuster, an MSNBC anchor. “Turns out it was Martin Eisenstadt, a McCain policy adviser, who has come forward today to identify himself as the source of the leaks,” Mr. Shuster said.

Trouble is, Martin Eisenstadt doesn’t exist. His blog does, but it’s a put-on. The think tank where he is a senior fellow — the Harding Institute for Freedom and Democracy — is just a Web site. The TV clips of him on YouTube are fakes.

And the claim of credit for the Africa anecdote is just the latest ruse by Eisenstadt, who turns out to be a very elaborate hoax that has been going on for months.

One of the problems with the 24-hour news cycle is that there is a lot of pressure to just get new stories out there, which makes it easier to get stories run on less than credible evidence. In theory, the “new media” of the blogosphere is supposed to be a check on this, right? But bloggers have the same kinds of pressure to keep adding new content in order to keep visits and hits up. The result is frequently that some stories get pounced on right away. This is especially the case because a lot of times this type of story fits conveniently in with a bloggers’ bias. (Indeed, I have been guilty of this myself.)

A little skepticism is always in order.

UPDATE (James Joyner): An AP story on this matter says, “The hoax was limited to the identity of the source in the story about Palin — not the Fox News story itself. While Palin has denied that she mistook Africa for a country, the veracity of that report was not put in question by the revelation that Eisenstadt is a phony.”

If the hoax is merely Eisenstadt having claimed to the Carl Cameron’s source — when in fact the source was an actual “McCain campaign insider” — the story is still alive. If, contrariwise, Eisenstadt was the source of the story itself, then it’s dead.

Probably thinks it's one of those 57 states Obama spoke of ....:eusa_whistle:

Don't think post this will stop it from popping up in a dozen different places again anyway. It's all about perpetuating the lie until people believe it's the truth. GOT to be on page 1 of the leftwingnut handbook.:lol:

Already learned that no matter how many time ya tell 'em, you have to keep beatin' them over the head. :lol:
and then it still doesnt work
5 minutes later they are repeating the lie again

Kerry should dazzle her with his mad football skillz

He some seriously mad skills with the footyball.

capt.wigh10910262241.battleground_wis_kerry_wigh109.jpg

kerry_drop_football.jpg

kfootball.jpg

Kerry+Football.bmp

At least he can grasp Africa as being a continent rather than a country. Unlike shrieking, winking, Sarah.
Bush couldn't figure out how it could be winter in Johannesburg in July.

Vuht Un Kuntry.:cuckoo:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XPsV6ZhL15c]YouTube - Sarah Palin: Africa is a country?[/ame]

The New York Times has investigated Fox News’s report that McCain staffers claimed that Sarah Palin did not know that Africa was a continent. As I had suspected, the story was a complete hoax.

It was among the juicier post-election recriminations: Fox News Channel quoted an unnamed McCain campaign figure as saying that Sarah Palin did not know that Africa was a continent.

Who would say such a thing? On Monday the answer popped up on a blog and popped out of the mouth of David Shuster, an MSNBC anchor. “Turns out it was Martin Eisenstadt, a McCain policy adviser, who has come forward today to identify himself as the source of the leaks,” Mr. Shuster said.

Trouble is, Martin Eisenstadt doesn’t exist. His blog does, but it’s a put-on. The think tank where he is a senior fellow — the Harding Institute for Freedom and Democracy — is just a Web site. The TV clips of him on YouTube are fakes.

And the claim of credit for the Africa anecdote is just the latest ruse by Eisenstadt, who turns out to be a very elaborate hoax that has been going on for months.

One of the problems with the 24-hour news cycle is that there is a lot of pressure to just get new stories out there, which makes it easier to get stories run on less than credible evidence. In theory, the “new media” of the blogosphere is supposed to be a check on this, right? But bloggers have the same kinds of pressure to keep adding new content in order to keep visits and hits up. The result is frequently that some stories get pounced on right away. This is especially the case because a lot of times this type of story fits conveniently in with a bloggers’ bias. (Indeed, I have been guilty of this myself.)

UPDATE (James Joyner): An AP story on this matter says, “The hoax was limited to the identity of the source in the story about Palin — not the Fox News story itself. While Palin has denied that she mistook Africa for a country, the veracity of that report was not put in question by the revelation that Eisenstadt is a phony.”

If the hoax is merely Eisenstadt having claimed to the Carl Cameron’s source — when in fact the source was an actual “McCain campaign insider” — the story is still alive. If, contrariwise, Eisenstadt was the source of the story itself, then it’s dead.

Don't think post this will stop it from popping up in a dozen different places again anyway. It's all about perpetuating the lie until people believe it's the truth. GOT to be on page 1 of the leftwingnut handbook.:lol:

Sort of like how the left spread that Obama was a muslim, right?

oh wait...

YouTube - Sarah Palin: Africa is a country?

oh wait...

Yet he WAS educated for a while in a muslim school. Between that and the name it really isn't that much of a stretch to jump to that conclusion.

oh wait...

Yet he WAS educated for a while in a muslim school. Between that and the name it really isn't that much of a stretch to jump to that conclusion.

Not that much of a stretch?

He went to a Christian Church for how long again?

He was "educated" in a Muslim school for how long again?

And his name? Really? You determine peoples religions by their name? You've got to be joking me. It was a flat out lie, and the right knew it, and they disseminated it so as to try to smear him.

Thats not the only pathetic thing...its also pathetic that they would use calling someone a Muslim as a smear in the first place.

oh wait...

And his name? Really? You determine peoples religions by their name? You've got to be joking me. It was a flat out lie, and the right knew it, and they disseminated it so as to try to smear him.

Thats not the only pathetic thing...its also pathetic that they would use calling someone a Muslim as a smear in the first place.

This coming from a left that tried to diminish McCain's military service by saying that he served dishonorably by crashing five planes and getting thrown into prison? Fuck off. We'll call it a wash.

This coming from a left that tried to diminish McCain's military service by saying that he served dishonorably by crashing five planes and getting thrown into prison? Fuck off. We'll call it a wash.

Sorry, but I never heard anyone say that. The whole Obama was a Muslim thing was posted here ad nauseum.

oh wait...

yeah, it was a flat out lie
that came from the Hillary camp
:eusa_whistle:

Sorry, but I never heard anyone say that. The whole Obama was a Muslim thing was posted here ad nauseum.

Yet it was further by the Queen of the Left, Hillary Clinton. What say you to that.

And yes, the McCain degradation was out there.

Yet it was further by the Queen of the Left, Hillary Clinton. What say you to that.

And yes, the McCain degradation was out there.

Queen of the left? Hardly. And she was wrong in playing to the Muslim shit as well. But thankfully she did that a LOT less than the rightwing nutjobs.

I'm sure it was "out there". But it wasn't spread like the Obama being a muslim thing was.

I wonder when Palin will realize that responding to petty jokes from the left by making her own little quips only make her look petty herself and even though that may endear her to a few, the majority will simply giggle and write her off as petty.
did you notice this wasnt news camera footage?

And? What is your point?

I wonder when Palin will realize that responding to petty jokes from the left by making her own little quips only make her look petty herself and even though that may endear her to a few, the majority will simply giggle and write her off as petty.

And? What is your point?
it was just a joke she gave to those troops in attendence
not something she sought out the media for

And? What is your point?
it was just a joke she gave to those troops in attendence
not something she sought out the media for

Doesn't change anything in my statement. She has a history of making petty one liner jokes about her political rivals. Her entire convention speech was simply a series of one liners. In today's age of video cameras built into cell phones it is not out of the realm of possibilties for every public statement to wind up in the media, just like ths one did. The audience doeasn't matter, it still looked petty. Forgive me if I hold my GOP Presidential hopefuls to higher standard.

Forum List

Back