John Kerry: Unfit for Service

5060f5db200eb_260066n.jpg

bush_chickenlittles.jpg

Didn't Kerry claim to have been on some secret mission in Cambodia before nixon was elected to send him there? :eusa_eh:

Byron York on Cambodia & John Kerry on National Review Online
A former member of John Kerry's swift-boat crew says the Democratic presidential candidate's account of spending Christmas 1968 in Cambodia is not true. Steve Gardner, who served on board PCF-44 under Kerry's command in December 1968, as well as part of January 1969, says that at the time, in the area in which Kerry and his crew were operating, it was not possible to take a swift boat to Cambodia.

"It was physically, totally, categorically, across-the-board impossible to get into the canal that went to Cambodia with a swift boat," says Gardner. "There were concrete pilings that were put in the water...plus, the Navy kept patrol boats there to make sure nobody went in. When I was on the 44 boat, it was a physical impossibility to take a swift boat into Cambodian waters."​

Look, that claim is so full of holes his campaign even backtracked, it was stupid and, a lie.

Does anyone remember the U.S. body count pressure during Vietnam?

According to the Concerned Sergeant, these killings all took place for one reason: "the General in charge and all the commanders, riding us all the time to get a big body count." He noted, "Nobody ever gave direct orders to 'shoot civilians' that I know of, but the results didn't show any different than if...they had ordered it. The Vietnamese were dead, victims of the body count pressure and nobody cared enough to try to stop it."

Much More: A My Lai a Month: How the US Fought the Vietnam War :: JapanFocus

Anyone can Google "u.s. atrocities in vietnam"...

Yes, we can, so, you gonna take that great liberal father Lyndon Johnson to task?

According to the Concerned Sergeant, these killings all took place for one reason: "the General in charge and all the commanders, riding us all the time to get a big body count." He noted, "Nobody ever gave direct orders to 'shoot civilians' that I know of, but the results didn't show any different than if...they had ordered it. The Vietnamese were dead, victims of the body count pressure and nobody cared enough to try to stop it."

Are you going to take LBJ to task or not?

Kerry knew. He testified to the Senate that he had unauthorized communication with the enemy.

No rational person, now knowing the truth, can claim that Kerry would make a good Secretary of Defense.

That argument would work if there was anyone who really thought a war against a third world country with nothing at stake but our stupid pride was still a good idea.

It's kind of hard to describe Vietnam as an "enemy" when we never declared war on them.

It was a "police action".... get it?

I guess you missed my first post in this thread, and one of the links therein:

WinterSoldier.com - Army CID Investigations of VVAW War Crimes Allegations

Results of the military investigations into WS allegations of atrocities.

Of course, you will not believe any of this. It goes against your programming.

Stupid fucking sheep.

Are you really trying to claim that there were no attrocities in Vietnam?

Yes, we can, so, you gonna take that great liberal father Lyndon Johnson to task?

Gee, I didn't know Lyndon Johnson was being floated for Secretary of Defense?

War heroes don't lie.
They told the stories at times they had personally raped, cut off ears, cut off heads, taped wires from portable telephones to human genitals and turned up the power, cut off limbs, blown up bodies, randomly shot at civilians, razed villages in fashion reminiscent of Genghis Khan, shot cattle and dogs for fun, poisoned food stocks, and generally ravaged the countryside of South Vietnam in addition to the normal ravage of war, and the normal and very particular ravaging which is done by the applied bombing power of this country.​
All lies.

Kerry knew. He testified to the Senate that he had unauthorized communication with the enemy.

No rational person, now knowing the truth, can claim that Kerry would make a good Secretary of Defense.

That argument would work if there was anyone who really thought a war against a third world country with nothing at stake but our stupid pride was still a good idea.

It's kind of hard to describe Vietnam as an "enemy" when we never declared war on them.

It was a "police action".... get it?
Oh, that's right -- you think the Communists are the good guys.

You're a stupid motherfucker, too.

Stupid fucking sheep.

Did I say that, you stupid motherfucker?

Credibility of the veterans and their testimony

Since the first day of the WSI event and for more than thirty years since, individuals and organizations have sought to discredit or at least minimize the painful revelations brought forth at that event. Critics have claimed that participants were frauds; that they were told to not cooperate with later investigators; that their testimonies were inaccurate or just plain fabricated.[18] To date, no records of fraudulent participants or fraudulent testimony have been produced.[10] Winter Soldier Investigation - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

prove the above wrong

Boston GLobe: “I still think Kerry is aiming to be secretary of state,” Brinkley added. “It seems to me at a time when you are placing Hillary Clinton, a figure of such world renown, you want to replace her with someone with a deeply credentialed reputation and can work with Congress.”

Others said Kerry would be highly qualified for either position.

“He has been in this arena for a long time,” said Senator Jeff Sessions, Republican of Alabama and member of the Armed Services Committee.

When the Senate Armed Services chairman, Carl Levin of Michigan, was asked whether he preferred Kerry at state or defense, he replied. “Yes.”

---

Navy Inspector General report on medals

In September 2004, Vice Admiral Ronald A. Route, the Navy Inspector General, completed a review of Kerry's combat medals, initiated at the request of Judicial Watch. In a memo to the Secretary of the Navy, Gordon England, Route stated:[79]
"Our examination found that existing documentation regarding the Silver Star, Bronze Star and Purple Heart medals indicates the awards approval process was properly followed. In particular, the senior officers who awarded the medals were properly delegated authority to do so. In addition, we found that they correctly followed the procedures in place at the time for approving these awards

Conducting any additional review regarding events that took place over 30 years ago would not be productive. The passage of time would make reconstruction of the facts and circumstances unreliable, and would not allow the information gathered to be considered in the context of the time in which the events took place.

Our review also considered the fact that Senator Kerry's post-active duty activities were public and that military and civilian officials were aware of his actions at the time. For these reasons, I have determined that Senator Kerry's awards were properly approved and will take no further action in this matter.
John Kerry military service controversy - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Asked why he had declined to sign the release earlier, Kerry responded:
"The call for me to sign a 180 form came from the same partisan operatives who were lying about my record on a daily basis on the Web and in the right-wing media. Even though the media was discrediting them, they continued to lie. I felt strongly that we shouldn't kowtow to them and their attempts to drag their lies out"

“Navy officials say that there is no evidence that Mr. Kerry's Silver Star, Bronze Star and three Purple Hearts were ever rescinded and that there is no evidence of misconduct in his records.

He did receive new medal citations in the mid-1980s. Officials say the Navy receives scores, and perhaps hundreds, of such requests each year from veterans who want a second copy or have lost the originals.

The citations are simply put through a machine that implants the signature of the current Navy secretary. John Lehman's signature, via a machine, appears on Mr. Kerry's new citation for his Silver Star.[59]
”

Commenting on the Silver Star issue, Republican Sen. John Warner, who was Under Secretary of the Navy at the time, stated "We did extraordinary, careful checking on that type of medal, a very high one, when it goes through the secretary...I'd stand by the process that awarded that medal, and I think we best acknowledge that his heroism did gain that recognition."[60] Elmo Zumwalt, Commander of the United States Naval Forces in Vietnam at that time, signed Kerry's original Silver Star citation and defended the award in 1996, saying "It is a disgrace to the United States Navy that there's any inference that the [medal] process was anything other than totally honest." Boston Herald, October 28, 1996.

The Chickenhawks

Chickenhawk Hall of Shame

Chickenhawk (politics) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

They told the stories at times they had personally raped, cut off ears, cut off heads, taped wires from portable telephones to human genitals and turned up the power, cut off limbs, blown up bodies, randomly shot at civilians, razed villages in fashion reminiscent of Genghis Khan, shot cattle and dogs for fun, poisoned food stocks, and generally ravaged the countryside of South Vietnam in addition to the normal ravage of war, and the normal and very particular ravaging which is done by the applied bombing power of this country.​
All lies.

3 million Vietnamese died in the war.

We dropped more bombs on Vietnam than we did on Germany and Japan combined.

It's pretty much not just that we did bad things, but we did stupid thing, such as crowding all the Vietnamese rural population into prison camps called Hamlets...

Now, maybe, just maybe you guys can get away with rehashing Vietnam during Kerry's confirmation hearing... but I don't think people are in the mood for that shit.

LBJ is dead

Stupid fucking sheep.

Did I say that, you stupid motherfucker?

I'm not sure, Dave, what are you saying?

That gee, we wuz committing attrocities, but not THOSE attrocities?

How about this. We just say.. we got involved in a war for stupid reasons, we did stupid things, and we're sorry.

Sounds pretty reasonable to me.

Forum List

Back