John Kerry on the David Letterman Show

acludem

VIP Member
Nov 12, 2003
Missouri
I just watched John Kerry on Letterman- he was nothing short of brilliant. He explained beautifully his vote to authorize Pres. Bush to go to war if necessary saying (paraphrase) that he and others voted for the authorization based upon promises from Bush that he would try and form a true international coalition, that he would exhaust all diplomatic remedies, and that he would go to war only as a last result. Instead, Kerry argued, Bush rushed into war, breaking faith with the people who voted to give him authority.

The other highlight was the Top Ten list - The Top Ten Bush tax proposals: My personal favorite was number three: Cheney can claim Bush as a dependent.

acludem

acludem said:
I just watched John Kerry on Letterman- he was nothing short of brilliant. He explained beautifully his vote to authorize Pres. Bush to go to war if necessary saying (paraphrase) that he and others voted for the authorization based upon promises from Bush that he would try and form a true international coalition, that he would exhaust all diplomatic remedies, and that he would go to war only as a last result. Instead, Kerry argued, Bush rushed into war, breaking faith with the people who voted to give him authority.

The other highlight was the Top Ten list - The Top Ten Bush tax proposals: My personal favorite was number three: Cheney can claim Bush as a dependent.

acludem

Yeah, he was much better than he was on the Daily Show--

Any idea what the other 9 Top Ten were?

I don't see that this is new, "brilliant" information from Kerry. It's on record that Bush did try to form an international coalition, that he did exhaust all diplomatic efforts to solve the Iraq problem, and that he went to war only as a last result because Saddam blew off the UN resolutions like they were from a third world country. You guys are just going to have to get over the delusion that Germany and France are going to do one thing to help out in Iraq. How many times do they have to make that perfectly clear? You should be worrying about the fact that Germany is slowly gravitating back to Nazism, and it's a proven fact that France will never support the U.S. on any global matter.

acludem said:
He explained beautifully his vote to authorize Pres. Bush to go to war if necessary saying (paraphrase) that he and others voted for the authorization based upon promises from Bush that he would try and form a true international coalition, that he would exhaust all diplomatic remedies, and that he would go to war only as a last result. Instead, Kerry argued, Bush rushed into war, breaking faith with the people who voted to give him authority.
acludem
The Senate voted Friday, October 11 to authorize President Bush to use military force, if necessary, to disarm Iraq. The war started Thursday, March 20, 2003

Five months 9days. Quite a rush to war alright.

How long would it have taken Kerry? I'd like to know his answer.
My guess is, he'd of followed the UN wishes and they gave Hussain 12 years.
So the answer for how long would it have taken Kerry, would have to be
"NEVER in his term" had he been the Pres.

Wow, brilliant on Letterman!?!? Now that's what I look for in a President. The strong ability to regurgitate the same old lines and give canned responses to expected questions on a late night network talk show. Marvelous, simply marvelous. He's a giant!

I have to admit, most of the Top 10 was hilarious, although I thought Kerry's copious hand gestures were even funnier. (Practicing for the debates, are we?)

acludem said:

acludem

Yes indeed! A veritable genius of humor and satire. A flowing fountain of wisdom and sagacity. Excuse me just a second, please. . . :puke: Thanks, much better now.

He shows up to answer pre-screened and pre-approved questions. Letterman lobs a bunch of marshmallows for him to spike and you get all starry-eyed and start panting.

Ever wonder how long Sen. Poodle sat down at home while Teresa played Letterman and their speech writers went over and over this so that he could go on the show and dazzle you with his casual "brilliance"?

Uh oh here it comes again . . . :puke3:

acludem said:

acludem

Another kerrytale. He's had time to refine his bullshit so that now he thinks he can appear as both a pro and anti-war candidate, depending on his audience.

Here's the truth - and from CNN, no less:

http://edition.cnn.com/2002/ALLPOLITICS/10/11/iraq.us/

WASHINGTON (CNN) -- In a major victory for the White House, the Senate early Friday voted 77-23 to authorize President Bush to attack Iraq if Saddam Hussein refuses to give up weapons of mass destruction as required by U.N. resolutions.

Hours earlier, the House approved an identical resolution, 296-133.

The president praised the congressional action, declaring "America speaks with one voice."

"The Congress has spoken clearly to the international community and the United Nations Security Council," Bush said in a statement. "Saddam Hussein and his outlaw regime pose a grave threat to the region, the world and the United States. Inaction is not an option, disarmament is a must."

While the outcome of the vote was never in doubt, its passage followed several days of spirited debate in which a small but vocal group of lawmakers charged the resolution was too broad and premature.

The resolution requires Bush to declare to Congress either before or within 48 hours after beginning military action that diplomatic efforts to enforce the U.N. resolutions have failed.

=====================================================

Now, if you can detail which UN resolutions had succeeded, I'll be more than happy to consider your point.

BULLSHIT...

acludem

THE TRUTH...

Another kerrytale. He's had time to refine his bullshit so that now he thinks he can appear as both a pro and anti-war candidate, depending on his audience.

Here's the truth - and from CNN, no less:

http://edition.cnn.com/2002/ALLPOLITICS/10/11/iraq.us/

WASHINGTON (CNN) -- In a major victory for the White House, the Senate early Friday voted 77-23 to authorize President Bush to attack Iraq if Saddam Hussein refuses to give up weapons of mass destruction as required by U.N. resolutions.

Hours earlier, the House approved an identical resolution, 296-133.

The president praised the congressional action, declaring "America speaks with one voice."

"The Congress has spoken clearly to the international community and the United Nations Security Council," Bush said in a statement. "Saddam Hussein and his outlaw regime pose a grave threat to the region, the world and the United States. Inaction is not an option, disarmament is a must."

While the outcome of the vote was never in doubt, its passage followed several days of spirited debate in which a small but vocal group of lawmakers charged the resolution was too broad and premature.

The resolution requires Bush to declare to Congress either before or within 48 hours after beginning military action that diplomatic efforts to enforce the U.N. resolutions have failed.

Forum List

Back